EE: AJ's Job In Birmingham

GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
Forum Member
I hope this isn't his exit storyline, why are characters written out so messily, they should make this a rule:

When axing a s**t character we must give them an exit storyline that at least justifies their time on the show

Comments

• Apple grapeApple grape Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    What happend to his job at the Archers?
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to wonder which company in Birmingham decided they needed someone with AJ's exact skillset and work ethic that they couldn't find between Birmingham and Walford :confused:
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As shit as this pathetic exit is I don't care I'm just glad he's going! Possibly the worst character ever! Even worse than joey
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they always feel the need to get jobs in different cities? Why not ship them to Fulham or Hounslow? They wouldn't be in it but it might be plausible they'd get a job in a different part of London.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A. What happened to his job at the Archers
    B. How did AJ manage to travel from London to Birmingham and then back again for the interview within such a short space of time.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He got sacked from the Archers, glad he's going and his exit was fitting.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they always feel the need to get jobs in different cities? Why not ship them to Fulham or Hounslow? They wouldn't be in it but it might be plausible they'd get a job in a different part of London.

Because they wouldn't need to leave Walford or if they did they'd be back to visit friends all the time. Being further away makes it more plausible that they wouldn't come back
  • AngieWattsFanAngieWattsFan Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    ...when they move to Birmingham or Newcastle, what they mean is that they can't be bothered to give them a proper exit. I'm sure there are plenty of mechanic jobs in Essex or South London.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Why bother wasting time on an exit storyline for a character you've done absolutely nothing to endear to the public? Even this measly plot is more than it's worth. A simple "Sorry AJ, you're annoying and I no longer wish to have you as a guest in my home, go and find your own place" would suffice.
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to the point
    Why do they actually start using his character just as he's going?
    Now that's ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Because they wouldn't need to leave Walford or if they did they'd be back to visit friends all the time. Being further away makes it more plausible that they wouldn't come back

They could visit off camera and if its the far end of London I doubt commuting would be overly convenient, or even move them to Essex.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    Erm we don't want him in Birmingham thanks! He can stay down south.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didn't Ava just leave for a job in Birmingham?
    seems odd to have two unrelated characters leave for the exact same reason so close together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    didn't Ava just leave for a job in Birmingham?
    seems odd to have two unrelated characters leave for the exact same reason so close together

Nope Ava left for Newcastle; even further away thank the lord. Further they go the less chance of the deadwood coming back.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been better for Masood to get a text from AJ 'Got the job it's in Birmingham start tomorrow. Bye x' Mas tells Tambore, who just does his excellent walking dead impression and Masood says 'Ok, I'm off to see Carol'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its always hilarious too how they make Birmingham and Newcastle sound like Outer Mongolia, other characters are always devastated.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Erm we don't want him in Birmingham thanks! He can stay down south.

My thoughts exactly!:D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I like AJ :( Why on earth are characters like Fatboy and Alfie still there and yet AJ is axed >:(
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like AJ :( Why on earth are characters like Fatboy and Alfie still there and yet AJ is axed >:(

Problem with AJ is he did nothing and had not really storyline once Zainab left. If i was the actor id be pissed at what i got and would have left ages ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah AJ never had anything to do, all I can remember was I think he kissed Roxy once??
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy and AJ had a one-night-stand. A long time ago, I said I thought it would have been interesting if Roxy got pregnant with his child. That never came to fruition.
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought , before Terry, AJ and Bianca would have been good
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always quickly write out characters they no longer like, surprised a piano didn't just fall from the sky and flatten him or something.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a wasted character he was. It's a shame cause I likes AJ, he was pretty funny and worked well with Masood. They even look a lotalike so Iit was a good castinf choice.

The problem was they didn't put any though t into the character and he had no purpose which was typical of LN.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I quite like AJ and think he had a lot of potential. I wonder if he will actually go to Birmingham. On the other hand, he may have other work offers, not typecasting him like in EE.