Do you have a 'theme' for any rooms in your home?

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
I was going to do my kitchen as a 'American Diner' theme in black, red and chrome with Diner style table, stools, neon sign etc...

Have you themed any room in your home? if you have any pictures even better (if that's allowed).

Comments

• SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need a spring clean my house currently has a throughout theme that screams squat :cry:
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Most of my home has a hoarders theme, it was easy to do as well.

Here's the living room

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/a49c2f77960b0007678a41740beaa1146fab4f74/687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f575042356c2e6a7067
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bedroom is based on Tracey Emin's "My Bed".
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My living room is an exact replica of The Titanic's Dining Room.

It went down well.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    I was going to do my kitchen as a 'American Diner' theme in black, red and chrome with Diner style table, stools, neon sign etc...

Have you themed any room in your home? if you have any pictures even better (if that's allowed).

What a great idea.
    I would love to see pics when you do it, if you do it.
    I have a 'neutral' theme going on in every room in my house.
    If I ever go modern I would love to do a kitchen how you have described.
    I like the idea of a 1950 house, full of retro stuff.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every room in my place is designed in the "OMG THE MESS! :o " theme
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my partner do, a sort of Batcave! We use to have two offices in our new place, but moved all the stuff into the one room, leaving the back office to be our project, over the last month we got the job done!

We have stonewalls etc, display cases for our movie/tv memorabilia, led lighting and cool seating with projector for movies! It's our Batcave media room, and was the best decision ever, our wee hideaway, our normal lounge for guests, visitors, then the Batcave for friends and family!
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My kitchen is a bit 50s retro,
    bathroom is seasidey,
    living room is bohemian chic,
    dining room is shabby chic clutter
    Main bedroom is French chic.
    Back bedroom is my extended wardrobe! Why bother putting stuff away.
    The whole house has a patina of dog and soupçon of mess
  • Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our downstairs loo has a beach hut theme complete with beach hut patterned wallpaper... It's a bit of a shock when you open the door especially as the rest of the house is relatively neutral!
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My lounge is circa 1970s, white formica room dividers with smoked glass doors, a 1977 panasonic music centre( with a cd player plugged into it as well) , dark green swirled deep carpet, a white leather and wood 3 piece suite.......smoked orange uplighter lamps in 3 of the 4 corners, and a flatscreen tv but in a retro white formica cabinet with doors that fold open.
    I luv it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are about to buy a new house and it has a sun room which my husband is determined to turn into a games room with a super hero theme, cheap as possible!
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    My kitchen is 50's retro ....my bathroom beach and one bedroom is seaside - I'm planning on a 'park' theme for another bedroom.
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In the living room I have gone for a modern take on the 1920's art deco style. Lot of chrome , silver colours, glass tables with black furniture. I would like it more art deco but it is hard to find stuff to fit or tends to be very expensive. The theme also covers the bathroom but the black has to be replaced by white but again silver / chrome.

I have been told my bedrooms have a hotel theme to them. Not what I was aiming for to be honest. The theme was suppose to be gold to bring in warmth, maybe a touch of the 14th century France. This is where ideas meet the modern reality of what you can afford and what is available to actually buy.

So yes I suppose it is more hotel room then what I was hoping I just hope they did not mean travel lodge :(
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beach bathrooms and 50s retro kitchens are obviously popular!
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I'd describe my house as 'shabby chic' but without the 'chic'.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Yeah....
    Tip
    Bombsite
    Pit
    Pigsty

.... that is if o/h has his way!

Do have a few themes though. One of the spare rooms is 'autumnal' with warm brown and orange colours and leaf motifs on the feature wall and curtains. All the furniture is wooden in there too.

No themes downstairs though there are lots of antiques - heirlooms from my side and his. I love old furniture.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love crystals so my spare bedroom is the crystal themed room.
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Ikeaesque I call it.

Or cheap and cheerful.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Bit of a 50s retro thing in my kitchen (seems popular!)

In my hallway, I've got loads of wicker and country style stuff.

North African theme in my living room, to reflect the background of my late Tunisian husband, lots of reds, ambers, oranges, yellows, with candles, lanterns, Arabic fabrics, basketware and artisan treasures.

Only got a tiny bathroom but I've got bit of a seaside theme there, aqua coloured tiling, shells, fishy hanging thing, glass and cork floats, driftwood mirror etc.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to call it 'organized chaos'. I have piles of 'stuff' in different areas and have a good idea of what's in each pile. :D I sort through the piles on a regular basis, but I don't seem to cope very well with minimalism, I need a bit of clutter for it to feel like home.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lounge plays the overture from Top Gun as you walk in and the bedroom the training theme from Rocky!
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bedroom has the "kim and aggie would turn me down as "too much hassle" and the hoarder next door would say it's not hoarding just a bombsite" theme!!!!! at the moment, Need to tidy up this weekend.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

I tend to insist that all rooms have 4 walls.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    I have a Sex Room, with whips, chains and various farm animals.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend tried to deck her bedroom out like inside a genies lamp but it just looked like a cheap **** brothel tbh.