EE Episode Thread 27/06 - There were 3 in Phil's bed and the little one said..

14567810»

Comments

• BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    That ending basically reminded me of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY&feature=kp

:blush:

Agreed!

Great episode tonight! Love the Carter's!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did say Dean would return as a darker character. Tonights ending was obviously the seeds for that. It was creepy and disturbing but that was the point.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved EastEnders tonight! :)

Mick and Linda confronting their demons apiece [that Ian and Danny duo was so good].

Danny, Adam, Kellie and Timothy all played blinders!

Johnny's awkwardness at his first Pride was captured well by Sam too [if I was interested in them, I'm sure I'd be the very same alone at one]. Really glad his admirer, Luca, wasn't Ben [as I feared he might :o]! :cool:

Dean's mother issues? Meh. Roundabout Central, so I don't really care anymore.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did say Dean would return as a darker character. Tonights ending was obviously the seeds for that. It was creepy and disturbing but that was the point.

Yah am guessing this is just the start for Dean now.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see a Sheila Hancock connection here.
    She was in possibly the most shocking event in Eastenders, the incestous kiss with her son Steve.
    Matt had a kissing scene with Sheila Hancock in Hustle that was evocative of this iconic Eastenders episode.
    It would only take a small leap of thought from a writer or producer to connect Matt to an incestuous plotline.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Matt played that last scene brilliantly. It was so sad to hear him say that he feels like he can't trust anyone anymore.

Matt played the emotion really well to.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think Matt played that last scene brilliantly. It was so sad to hear him say that he feels like he can't trust anyone anymore.

I agree. It seems to have shocked viewers.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Linda/Dean....ohhhh. It's gonna cringe me out like Max and Lucy.

There is about 10 years ago wise between them
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I see a Sheila Hancock connection here.
    She was in possibly the most shocking event in Eastenders, the incestous kiss with her son Steve.
    Matt had a kissing scene with Sheila Hancock in Hustle that was evocative of this iconic Eastenders episode.
    It would only take a small leap of thought from a writer or producer to connect Matt to an incestuous plotline.

Why would it be incestous it's her brother in law or her nephew depending what way you look at it
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I agree. It seems to have shocked viewers.

Really? Is that on Twitter?
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an absolutely lovely episode. When the Carter's were announced I was honestly disappointed. Probably because whilst I didn't know a tremendous amount about Danny Dyer, I was really skeptical of his casting. And in their original pictures they all looked like such caricatures. BUT they are such a fantastic family. Especially the nuclear family of the parents and kids. I really enjoyed the scenes with them tonight. I actually laughed when Nancy said 'run Johnny, be free, be gay' because she is SO natural and it is exactly the way real life people and sibling's behave. I just thought it was a really nice, down to earth episode for the most part.

I don't expect the Carter's to really bunk EE trends of course. So I am willing to accept they will be sensationalised(which of course is already in the cards with the Mick/Shirley story. )I am sure there will be plenty of soapy drama from them - and that's fine - it's the genre after all. But I hope they remain as good as they are, because they are good.

The Ian and Mick scenes were great. I don't even like Ian but it made me forget what a perverted slime ball he is. I'm a bit miffed with Max being labelled the perv (which..you know...sure...he deserves on some level) but then we've got Ian over here who has a history of paying women for sex which in my book is a level up on Max but that's not relevant to today's episode, so.

I think Dean will actually genuinely fall for Linda because Psychology101 says he's got some major mummy issues and there's obviously a very sad little boy inside him at the moment.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode.

It worked really well having Mick face his fear of water whilst Linda confronted her past. It was nice to learn more about her and why she mollycoddles John-ny as well as her seemingly accepting his sexuality.

The Ian/Mick bromance is great. All the Carters appeared but they all served a purpose, thankfully T & T were kept to a minimum. (and the old guard were on hand to remind us it wasn't The Carter Show :p)

Nice to have so much occur outside the set, really adds to the authenticity.

Dean's story seems to have finally hotted up and I thought Matt was very good tonight, best he's been since Dean moved back to the Square.

Just as one story arc comes to a close for Linda, another opens with creepy Dean becoming infatuated with her. She won't stray but I'm very interested in the path Dean's about to go down.

Great stuff from Sharon Marshall, Lance Kneeshaw and co.

8/10

PS Welcome back Bevis. :)

A year today since Tanya departed.
  • Cridders88Cridders88 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant episode to round off what was a very strong week of episodes. Monday's was very good, and I feel this episode nearly matched it. Loved the little delve into Linda's past, and really good acting from Kellie I feel. I can't help but feel Linda will soon revert to her old ways however. Loved the Mick and Ian scenes too, and was happy to see Johnny actually moving forwards and becoming more accepting of himself aswell (his coming out scene displayed he really wasnt comfortable with the fact he is gay).

EastEnders has a few weaker episodes but compared to last year it is overall much better IMO, this week being a really good example :)
  • Cridders88Cridders88 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Brilliant episode.

A year today since Tanya departed.

Is it really? Can't say I've missed her tbh.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Agreed.

He was very good in that scene. You could really feel the emotion, very well acted from Matt there.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admittedly, that remark that Mick said to Stan about that Switzerland clinic REALLY unnerved me. The clinic he was talking about was Dignitas, and its a euthanasia clinic for people looking to end their lives.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean doesn't fancy Linda at all, it's all a plan to split her and Mick up, he hates Mick for some strange reason, and this is how he is going to hurt Mick.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good episode. How great was Stan?
    There wasn't a scene I didn't like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That last scene with Dean made me go from :cry: to :o. It's amazing how I felt so sad for him for a minute then I was totally shocked in a second...his face said it all. Well acted. Very intrigued about what's in store for Dean in the upcoming episodes.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well written episode. Good stuff EE!

Also, cracking thread JB!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Marshall was made to write for EastEnders. She has really proven her worth.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Marshall was made to write for EastEnders. She has really proven her worth.

I remember when it was announced she was going to be writing for the show there were a lot of moaners saying she was inexperienced and how can a soap critic turn to a writer but I always enjoy Sharon's episodes and she is in my top 5 of EE writers at the moment, hopefully soon she can start to write double episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    I remember when it was announced she was going to be writing for the show there were a lot of moaners saying she was inexperienced and how can a soap critic turn to a writer but I always enjoy Sharon's episodes and she is in my top 5 of EE writers at the moment, hopefully soon she can start to write double episodes.

Hopefully. She is on the core storylining team as she always attends the conferences with the rest of the main writers. So its good DTC see's her talents.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »

Maybe the fact she is a soap critic means she will be a good writer. She will maybe see the ott, the disbelief of some characters acting certain ways and try not to make things right. That's not against you btw