Options

Physical characteristics that creep you out

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    People who insist on turning their skin various shades of what I can only describe as blorange. I know it's judgemental, but as soon as anyone shows up with even a hint of the fake tan the little voice in my head starts playing the umpa lumpa song and it inhibits me wanting to interact with that person more than I need to.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who insist on turning their skin various shades of what I can only describe as blorange. I know it's judgemental, but as soon as anyone shows up with even a hint of the fake tan the little voice in my head starts playing the umpa lumpa song and it inhibits me wanting to interact with that person more than I need to.

Lol. :D

I think what happens with a lot of these (mainly) girls is that they apply it where the lighting is dodgy and don't wait long enough after applying ONE coat (haha, that sounds weird) to see how the color will develop. Often they will darken after leaving them for half an hour or whatever. Instead they apply some, think it's not dark enough so they apply more and by the time they're done they look like a carrot. I suppose if you're hiding some imperfections or something it doesn't much matter, but I have never looked at one of these people and thought, 'oh wow, did you just get back from a Holiday in Spain?' In other words, it DOESN'T look like a tan.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    People who have black pupils ('Lifeless like a dolls eyes' as Quint from Jaws would say)
    :
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    That Michelle from BB she had dead eyes.
    Yeah they are worrying.
    Everyone has black pupils though, unless you actually mean black irises? In which case...if that really does freak you out, you'd not wanna cross me in a dark alley as I'd scare the shit outta you!
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Men with shaped eyebrows, necks that are the same width as the head, longer second toes than the big toe (vom) and genitals are not generally nice looking things.
    How did I forget this. People with this deformity should be outcast from society and made to fend for themselves

Its not a deformity. The statue of liberty has this. Its more common in those with Celtic or Greek ancestry

*Snooty look* ;-)
  • Options
    JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

Marty Feldman was a comic genius, and therefore attractive. Despite his 'unusual' looks!
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Sweaty palms - yuck, yuck, yuck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a deformity. The statue of liberty has this. Its more common in those with Celtic or Greek ancestry

*Snooty look* ;-)

My middle toe is the longest. Fits nicely with shoes...
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fish lips.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member

I think what happens with a lot of these (mainly) girls is that they apply it where the lighting is dodgy and don't wait long enough after applying ONE coat (haha, that sounds weird) to see how the color will develop. Often they will darken after leaving them for half an hour or whatever. Instead they apply some, think it's not dark enough so they apply more and by the time they're done they look like a carrot. I suppose if you're hiding some imperfections or something it doesn't much matter, but I have never looked at one of these people and thought, 'oh wow, did you just get back from a Holiday in Spain?' In other words, it DOESN'T look like a tan.

I remember once when I was clubbing in Kingston after coming back from holiday in Jamaica. This guy came up to me and said I looked like a stunning Grecian goodness (style of dress) I was like Awww thanks, but, he said you didn't have to wear so much fake tan :o WTF that's my skin! Lol he didn't believe me!
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Jackiebo wrote: »
    Marty Feldman was a comic genius, and therefore attractive. Despite his 'unusual' looks!

He was good in the the Lost Boys and Goonies, I'll give you that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    What a lovely thread! You're all perfection, i take it? I don't think any of you should be allowed to post here until you link to a current picture of yourselves...then we can all learn about perspective, beauty being in the eye of the beholder and pots and black kettles and things. :)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lovely thread! You're all perfection, i take it? I don't think any of you should be allowed to post here until you link to a current picture of yourselves...then we can all learn about perspective, beauty being in the eye of the beholder and pots and black kettles and things. :)
    So nobody should ever mention any general physical characteristics that they find unappealing in someone? Is that not allowed? And nobody here is proclaiming to be perfect.
    Stop being so dramatic.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have a look in the picture thread, several posters have put photos of themselves up. To be fair some of the girls are pretty perfect looking!
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    That's a claim, get ye to a phone loool

What a plan!! Cheers for that!👍😜
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    He was good in the the Lost Boys and Goonies, I'll give you that.
    He was a comic actor so I cannot refute you. ( despite your, - I don't know - misthruths?) However I will give you this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Award_for_Best_Supporting_Actor

He was bloody wonderful!!
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible gnarly, bunioned feet. Makes me gag to see the state of some peoples feet in the summer when the flipflops come out.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    He was a comic actor so I cannot refute you. ( despite your, - I don't know - misthruths?) However I will give you this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Award_for_Best_Supporting_Actor

He was bloody wonderful!!

Jeez... way to ruin my, er 'hilarious' Cory Feldman 'joke'. :( ;-)
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was also a lovely man. Him and Bob Todd treated me and my brother (and a few of our friends) to breakfast a few days running when they were filming at forty hall. They raced our bikes around the lake like a couple of kids :D
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I remember once when I was clubbing in Kingston after coming back from holiday in Jamaica. This guy came up to me and said I looked like a stunning Grecian goodness (style of dress) I was like Awww thanks, but, he said you didn't have to wear so much fake tan :o WTF that's my skin! Lol he didn't believe me!

Were you inside? The lighting might have made your skin look a different color than it would in sunlight. Black lights in particular can make people look odd, especially if they're wearing white. Or were you wearing make-up on your face?

It's possible that this person's point of reference is fake tan and so when he sees a real one his mind can't process it. :D
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopsim wrote: »
    Horrible gnarly, bunioned feet. Makes me gag to see the state of some peoples feet in the summer when the flipflops come out.

Some of my colleagues feet are gross. They have gone to the bother of wearing nail polish but in one case the polish has been applied to toes that need a good cut. Looks disgusting and weird, polish on long toe nails, or just long toe nails in general. Another one has a thick layer of crust on her heels. I am sure she would be an inch smaller if she removed it. I really don't like feet, and without being a foot fascist, if you are going to bear them to the world you need to get them in good order. I know that if I did not use a foot scrub and lotion my feet would be in the same state. It does not take long to do and should be compulsory!!
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are at least three that make me want to heave...

1. Veiny arms/ hands
    2. Men with long fingernails, doesn't matter if they are immaculate, it still looks wrong!
    3. Toes... On anyone, they don't even have to be particularly manky or deformed, I just hate seeing them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member

In fairness, If done subtly and properly (ie, looks natural) it's fine. It's when they've managed to reach a level of stain somewhere between radioactive orange and dark oak that it looks disturbing. I can't understand anyone who thinks that looking like someone stuffed, basted and roasted them is attractive or normal in any way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am fat and wear leggings. I am glad that 90% of people would not find me attractive. I do not find 95% of people attractive so everyones a winner.

Can I just ask if anyone finds Bradley Cooper attractive? Just can not see it myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, If done subtly and properly (ie, looks natural) it's fine. It's when they've managed to reach a level of stain somewhere between radioactive orange and dark oak that it looks disturbing. I can't understand anyone who thinks that looking like someone stuffed, basted and roasted them is attractive or normal in any way.

Like this?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fake+tan+girl+jeremy+kyle&client=firefox-a&hs=OXG&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1w6wU_TQBojiPPzogOAP&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1276&bih=551#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=HKfojBXmeSWZ6M%253A%3B0lamFxg5n53y5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdjwanker.files.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F04%252F35-kyle-tan.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdjwanker.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F04%252F19%252Fwednesday-20th-april-2011%252F%3B450%3B391
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Pea soup would seem to be an ill-advised menu choice.

Yes, not a fan at all. People like Simon Cowell who invest in a set of identical, dazzling veneers. The awful thing is that people start thinking that teeth 'should' look like that, so you get people saying that Kate Moss, say, has 'awful' teeth because they are slightly small and uneven, though perfectly nice and healthy.

Was watching Pixie Lott on you tube a few years back and the comments, mostly from Americans,I'm afraid were all about her 'scary' teeth.

Her teeth looked fine to me and not at all 'scary.