Becky Hill Appreciation Thread

JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey everyone I know what most people will be thinking "LOL making an appreciation thread even though she is out of the show what's the point?".

Made this thread for news and videos from after the show.

Starting this thread by posting two unseen videos from just before The Voice.

BBC Session "You've lost me" By Becky Hill + Shaking Trees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSTinyj5Zgg

Becky Hill + Shaking Trees 'Don't Let Me Go' Live BBC Radio Session http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aaw244f_I&feature=relmfu

Comments

• dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed she didn't get through to the final think she has a brilliant voice. Last night's was probably the best she'd ever sung.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of her personality and craziness but her voice is goregous!! I love deep rich tones like joss stone, Amy W, and Lauryn Hill...and Becky with some work could be as good as some of those guys...i hope she does well!!
  • JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    I am disappointed she didn't get through to the final think she has a brilliant voice. Last night's was probably the best she'd ever sung.

Best performace of hers of the series won't be the same for me next week with her gone not going to say I won't watch the show becouse when my favourites go out before a final I usually say this and never stick to it. :o

Will watch becouse I want to know who wins.

Back on topic it's funny how people have been calling Becky a brat yet she took her exit from the show very graciously she is lovely she always tweets and she follows me and she is great with her fans .

Post any videos or any gig new if you find any everyone. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i gotta admit i didnt like her on the voice

guess she must've got bad song choices for me to appreciate her voice

that 2nd vid is amazing
    1st one was alright but i really liked ''dont let me go '' , converting to mp3 as we speak :)...oops i mean searching on itunes :)
  • yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    Sad she's gone....but I did expect her to go tonight, even though I'm not a fan of vince's voice.

Sadly the song choice sunk her, which is ironic as it showed her voice off perfectly. She needed a belter last night to overcome vince, similar to the previous weeks. The energetic performance and vocals are where she makes people take notice imo.

Still...looking forward to her, hopefully, getting signed up after the show as she's definately a voice I would buy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Would have preferred her way over Vince.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Becky was my favourite. I figured Vince would beat her but i would have preferred Becky in the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More original music from Becky before The Voice UK http://www.youtube.com/user/beckyyclaire/videos
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appreciate Becky Hill.

I hope this exposure leads to a prosperous career.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Gutted she went out, got very attached to hearing her each weekend! Love her original stuff and hope she get's picked up soon.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone I know what most people will be thinking "LOL making an appreciation thread even though she is out of the show what's the point?".

Made this thread for news and videos from after the show.

Starting this thread by posting two unseen videos from just before The Voice.

BBC Session "You've lost me" By Becky Hill + Shaking Trees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSTinyj5Zgg

Becky Hill + Shaking Trees 'Don't Let Me Go' Live BBC Radio Session http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aaw244f_I&feature=relmfu

Thank you for these links! Becky is so mature for her age, love her, hope she goes from strength to strength.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I appreciate Becky Hill.

I hope this exposure leads to a prosperous career.

Same here Dandem, will be able to keep Becky's supporters updated on here she follows me on twitter so me and Becky will be in contact over twitter from now on. ;)
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Ha ^ such a show off! She did tweet me though so that'll do for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    Ha ^ such a show off! She did tweet me though so that'll do for me.

lol ;) Took me ages though she gets so many tweets. :o
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back on topic it's funny how people have been calling Becky a brat yet she took her exit from the show very graciously she is lovely she always tweets and she follows me and she is great with her fans .

It was the same when Vince got through to the semi-final on the public vote. When his name was announced, Becky shrieked with delight and hugged him. I think this whole brat myth came from the joking comments by her parents on her initial VT. Some people seem desperate to pounce on anything as an excuse to hate somebody.

She is, clearly, a girl of strong emotions and mood swings, but that's being a teenager for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I Love Becky and can't wait to hear more from her :)
    I'll continue to support her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Chris65757Chris65757 Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Sat night was her best performance - really showed she can sing and showed the full range of her voice, as she started quietly and began to rip it up again half way through (I think she finds it difficult not to :)).

She was my favourite in the end, and completely genuine too in contrast to Vince's studied coolness - not that I mind him either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Really glad you started this thread JanetDevlinUk.:cool:

The sessions aren't the only tracks Becky Hill has penned you know, there's a lot more to her than that..;)

I read on twitter, that she's not so chuffed with the vocal on those,and is going to re record them when she gets home.And she said she's going to show us all her songs.

She's a brilliant song writer, i can see that from just these two

The shaking trees was started by becky herself. But she parted company with it,to come on the voice to try and kick off a solo career.

Becky Hill isn't just a marvelous voice,she's a complete musician in her own right,but just not signed as yet. :rolleyes:
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really sad to see becky go, hopefully she will get to release music in the future
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postmans wrote: »
    Really glad you started this thread JanetDevlinUk.:cool:

The sessions aren't the only tracks Becky Hill has penned you know, there's a lot more to her than that..;)

I read on twitter, that she's not so chuffed with the vocal on those,and is going to re record them when she gets home.And she said she's going to show us all her songs.

She's a brilliant song writer, i can see that from just these two

The shaking trees was started by becky herself. But she parted company with it,to come on the voice to try and kick off a solo career.

Becky Hill isn't just a marvelous voice,she's a complete musician in her own right,but just not signed as yet. :rolleyes:

Sending you a direct message Postmans. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkvelvet wrote: »
    really sad to see becky go, hopefully she will get to release music in the future

Will keep everyone updated with this thread. :)

Becky has her final A level exam on thursday then she is planning her next move in music. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I really liked Becky and her voice

I hope she goes on to do well post show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    I really liked Becky and her voice

I hope she goes on to do well post show

@rebeckyhill "Mmm I love talking business :D #bigthingsinthepipeline" :D