Game of Thrones S3 (US Pace, Spoilers)

1272829303133»

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, a newbie to Game of thrones and have finally caught up

My god, episode 9 of season 3. My jaw couldn't have gone any lower to the floor

I adore this show so much. I didn't leave my room for like 2 days while trying to catch up with Season 2 and 3.

I feel quite bad for the Stark clan. The shi**y end of the stick seems to be a bit of an understatement. :eek: :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stark clan had no chance of redemption when Ned was beheaded. The minute he died, they all had a price on their head. I didn't see their deaths coming at all, as i don't read the books

I am curious to see what will happen to Sansa now she is married to Tyrion. I had a huge shiver down my spine when Goffery said he would happily have sex with her and have his men hold her down when he does it. I loved Tyrion more when he respected that Sansa would likely never have a sexual relationship.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spent the whole of Season 2 and most of Season 3 waiting for Sansa to escape or be rescued. Now I wonder if she's stuck with the Lannisters for good! I don't see Lysa helping out nor do I see why/how Blackfish would be able to do so.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent the whole of Season 2 and most of Season 3 waiting for Sansa to escape or be rescued. Now I wonder if she's stuck with the Lannisters for good! I don't see Lysa helping out nor do I see why/how Blackfish would be able to do so.

Perhaps Podrick will come to the rescue. :p
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a random wondering, does anyone other than Joffrey, whoever carted off the body, Littlefinger and Varys even know Ros is dead? I mean, the poor woman wasn't ever mentioned after being used for crossbow practice :blush:. I'd expect at least to see the little psycho bragging about his latest "achievement".

Anyway, very excited for GoT to return. I recently started the first book, I've been meaning to for a while so it's good to finally get stuck in! :)
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Read the books, its ALL there!;-) Plus theres more extensive scenes, which tv has to truncate for pacing reasons. I'm only halfway through book 2, but loving it.

I'm actually happy to have seen the tv series first, as i see the tv characters in my head whilst reading. Others may hate that, but its not a problem for me, as it's such a classy tv effort.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Read the books, its ALL there!;-) Plus theres more extensive scenes, which tv has to truncate for pacing reasons. I'm only halfway through book 2, but loving it.

I'm actually happy to have seen the tv series first, as i see the tv characters in my head whilst reading. Others may hate that, but its not a problem for me, as it's such a classy tv effort.

For me there is enough difference between the TV series and the books to keep me entertained and surprised anyway!

Yeah, I know what's coming up but the journey the show takes is good and some of the 'additions' (Ros for example) still give this wtf moments :D
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    For me there is enough difference between the TV series and the books to keep me entertained and surprised anyway!

Yeah, I know what's coming up but the journey the show takes is good and some of the 'additions' (Ros for example) still give this wtf moments :D

Feel the same! Still miss Ros though!;-)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've found myself doing the same, despite certain characters being described different to how they are in the TV show. I just can't picture them any other way considering I saw the show first. :D
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a random wondering, does anyone other than Joffrey, whoever carted off the body, Littlefinger and Varys even know Ros is dead? I mean, the poor woman wasn't ever mentioned after being used for crossbow practice :blush:. I'd expect at least to see the little psycho bragging about his latest "achievement".

Ros isn't worth bragging about to him. She was nothing to most of the characters, just another **** whose name they didn't know. And since her character was created purely for the TV show her death is irrelevant to the storyline other than to show that Joffrey is an evil little git with more than a little of the "mad king" about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Hello, a newbie to Game of thrones and have finally caught up

My god, episode 9 of season 3. My jaw couldn't have gone any lower to the floor

I adore this show so much. I didn't leave my room for like 2 days while trying to catch up with Season 2 and 3.

Yep - I'm a newbie too - can't believe I didn't get to this show before now. I have binged 3 seasons in a week! Started watching last weekend when the weather was so bad and have had a bank holiday in there too...so more time than usual to watch TV but I've been gripped!

I feel the same as you about S3E9 - what a shocker!!!!! I have a little soft spot for Tyrion...I hope the bad treatment he receives from his family make him turn away from them and shaft them in some way! I haven't read the books, so I don't have any idea what's coming....so many twists and turns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Feel the same! Still miss Ros though!;-)

I never ever liked Ros, she got on my nerves