The Crimson Fields

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Haven't seen a thread about it, sounds interesting. Will anyone else be watching?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I will...looks really good. Good cast too. :)
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)

I'm going to give it a go.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Will it replace my CTM fix, that's what I want to know ;)
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking not a replacement....but an addition!
    Forum Member
    laydit wrote: »
    I'm thinking not a replacement....but an addition!

Got to be better than nothing to fill in the gap .
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god. I get a bad feeling about this already.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 minutes in and it's just another CTM clone, very slow, clunky dialog and some very wooden performances, Ms Norris is making the others in the current scene look bad, oh wait did they not do the bed making sketch in CTM.

I'm normally aghast as sex scenes in drama but this rigidly bland drone needs something to deter from the weak acting,script.

My great grandmother was in service as a nurse during WW1 and related the stories of life on the frontline so to speak, she spoke about the horrors but also the humour and camaraderie something this abortion of a drama lacks.

And I doubt a female nurse would smoke in front of patients, sure it was a difficult time with new challenges and fears but females smoking would still have shocked polite and un polite society.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there 2 Matrons? I thought the older one was the more senior but it is the younger one that appears to be more Senior
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The syrupy & unneccessary background music in ever other scene doesnt really help its cause.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Are there 2 Matrons? I thought the older one was the more senior but it is the younger one that appears to be more Senior

God knows its a mess to follow, oh I see another bit lifted from CTM, who ever wrote this needs to have their CTM box set confiscated and burned.

We are playing a game called spot the Downton bit player/cast member while watching, two so far.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up on it after 20 mins lol
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm normally aghast as sex scenes in drama but this rigidly bland drone needs something to deter from the weak acting,script.

Didn't miss one did I ? Gave it a miss, for me anyway I am done with period dramas and I think Suranne Jones fluked her performance in The Doctor's Wife. Can't be doing with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    Gave up on it after 20 mins lol

This is making me yearn for The White Queen,at least that was enjoyable hokum.
    Forum Member
    Oh did I miss a sex scene while away from the telly? is it worth rewinding?lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't miss one did I ? Gave it a miss, for me anyway I am done with period dramas and I think Suranne Jones fluked her performance in The Doctor's Wife. Can't be doing with her.

No sex scenes but plenty of un riveting drama, good call regarding Suranne Jones, it had to be a fluke in the Doctor's Wife as her performances normally stink to high heaven.

That crying scene had no pathos, emotion or empathy, oh look ms Norris has materialised into Cardinal Richelieu.:D
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God knows its a mess to follow, oh I see another bit lifted from CTM, who ever wrote this needs to have their CTM box set confiscated and burned.

We are playing a game called spot the Downton bit player/cast member while watching, two so far.

whats CTM
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    whats CTM

Call the Midwife, the period in time that most TV people seem to be stuck in at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few good performances here to be fair.. but its all a bit 'drama by the ropes' so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call the Midwife, the period in time that most TV people seem to be stuck in at the moment.

I watched the first episode but when I realised it had nuns in it I had to switch over as nuns in habits give me the fear since childhood so any CTM references are relayed from the other half who watched it.

Oh look Cardinal Richelieu is back:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dwiseman wrote: »
    There are a few good performances here to be fair.. but its all a bit 'drama by the ropes' so far.

If you mean Hermione Norris then she is good full stop , the young actresses and I use that term loosely are an insult to the viewer. Judging by this thread I think it's not going to be very popular, I'll say 3.1 million viewers and I'm being kind by even saying that.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only me that's liking it so far then? Sure it's not super gripping TV, but it's more than decent to burn an hour with.

That and Oona looks lovely.
    Forum Member
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Only me that's liking it so far then? Sure it's not super gripping TV, but it's more than decent to burn an hour with.

That and Oona looks lovely.

It's ok, I will give it another go next week.
    Forum Member
    I think it is worth giving another episode too, at least.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I don't hate it.
    Forum Member
    Nasty old betch made him go back to the front :(