Two new Hollyoaks stunts this year [SPOILERS]

pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
Forum Member
This Morning have just revealed that Hollyoaks will have two stunts this year (not really a surprise :p)

Also 2 new McQueens apparently?

Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunts *yawn* McQueens *yawn* add the words: Grace, Kidnap, Blackmail and guns and it's literally could everything we've seen before from Hollyoaks.

ETA: We have no yawn smiley anymore? WHIT!!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    This Morning have just revealed that Hollyoaks will have two stunts this year (not really a surprise :p)

Also 2 new McQueens apparently?

1 stunt too many. And 2 McQueens too many.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all Hollyoaks consists of thesedays but it works for them with ratings up and awards after awards.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    This is all Hollyoaks consists of thesedays but it works for them with ratings up and awards after awards.

Are the ratings up? I don't follow them, but last I saw they looked crap. Not that it matters really.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Hollyoaks but more McQueens is too much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so long as its Louis Mcqueen I wont care.

Out of curiosity how old would Max Mcqueen be now, as could be him.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    YES Hollyoaks has too many stunts, but at least they look good 99% of the time and don't cost an arm & a leg like some others...
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the ratings up? I don't follow them, but last I saw they looked crap. Not that it matters really.

Well the share is up but all the soap ratings are down. Hollyoaks however is up on what it was prior to BK coming back. It probably would have been axed if he hadn't of turned things around again. So while its totally OTT it has worked. At least for the time being. Once viewers bore of all the repeated stories every few months then the real issues will begin.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the share is up but all the soap ratings are down. Hollyoaks however is up on what it was prior to BK coming back. It probably would have been axed if he hadn't of turned things around again. So while its totally OTT it has worked. At least for the time being. Once viewers bore of all the repeated stories every few months then the real issues will begin.

Still dire figures, no difference between 600k and 1m tbh.

Also they win awards based on their stanbase. They're not actually deserving of them.
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more mcqueens... boring

I wonder if they are doing a similar 6 weeks of summer thing like they did last year hence the "stunts".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    becsie wrote: »
    more mcqueens... boring

I wonder if they are doing a similar 6 weeks of summer thing like they did last year hence the "stunts".

Kieron Richardson revealed on This Morning that it begins on Monday.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    I wonder who's going to die and no one will give a sh!t about after an episode.... no doubt it will feature the awful creature that is Sinead

And 2 new McQueens... one of the most tired families in all soaps.
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieron Richardson revealed on This Morning that it begins on Monday.

cool...will there be a trailer? cant believe how quick this year is going. Though I bet it will be the same characters that are always featured.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which ten characters will die in this year stunt
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    In sure one of the stunts is the car crash that they filmed last month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    adamski94 wrote: »
    I wonder which ten characters will die in this year stunt

Hopefully Grace, Freddie, Sonny and Danny are 4 of them.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that the money that is usually put aside for Later is not being spent on these stunts hence not having a Later this year rather then the production line used.

The blast was spectacular but I was hoping more for sensitive storyline reveals rather then relying on SFX
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if they are including the upcoming car stunt?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunts, "shocks", Mcqueens, deaths and affairs. Yep regular old Kirkwood's Hollyoaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Nancy and Darren's second wedding will be one of them, i'm also thinking maybe Cindy tries to recreate Rhys death for some reason. Maybe the car crash is Cindy running away with Rhys?