Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good decision.

It desperately needs a rest.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me whose done well out of CBB?

Preston = Major exposure helped record sales.
    Galloway = Landed a national radio show afterwards.
    Barrymore = It lifted his chances of a comeback from zero to possible.
    Clare Sweeney = She landed a lot more shows after appearing on it.
    Mark Owen = Brief career resurrection before disappearing until the reformation of Take That.
    Kenzie = His career took a brief upswing.
    Danielle Lloyd = Despite her disastrous performance her profile is significantly higher than it was before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,520
    Forum Member
    I think that the January schedule between 9pm and 11pm for weekdays should look like this:

Monday:
    9pm - ER
    10pm - Without A Trace

Tuesday:
    9pm - Wife Swap
    10pm - Shameless

Wednesday:
    9pm - Grand Designs
    10pm - Desperate Housewives

Thursday:
    9pm - Supernanny
    10pm - My Name Is Earl

Friday:
    9pm - Ugly Betty
    10pm - Charlotte Church Show
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I think that the January schedule between 9pm and 11pm for weekdays should look like this:

Monday:
    9pm - ER
    10pm - Without A Trace

Tuesday:
    9pm - Wife Swap
    10pm - Shameless

Wednesday:
    9pm - Grand Designs

Thursday:
    9pm - Supernanny
    10pm - My Name Is Earl

Friday:
    9pm - Ugly Betty

I don't think that is going to happen:
    As Channel 4 celebrates its 25th anniversary later this year, Mr Lygo and his head of programmes, Julian Bellamy, announced a bold plan to clear the broadcaster's decks of almost all its popular 9pm reality and factual entertainment programmes.

Shows such as Brat Camp and You Are What You Eat will disappear to make way for new programme ideas, meaning the only show that will return in the 9pm slot in the first half of next year is the popular architecture programme Grand Designs.

Mr Lygo also said that the broadcaster would be reducing its annual spend on acquiring US TV shows by around £10m in 2008, with more reductions in future years.

He said the costs of US shows has "spiralled, while the return is not as great as it used to be".

So no returning series apart from Grand Designs will air in the first half of the year, and there is going to be more bolder programming that may not necessarily pull in a high number of viewers.

ER at 9pm for example, followed by another import? I can't see that happening. Wife Swap? Nope. Supernanny has already been relegated to an 8pm slot and wouldn't return that quickly anyway. Some elements of your schedule will be like that - DH and Ugly Betty for example - but the majority of it will be new content I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Preston = Major exposure helped record sales.

Weren't his label considering dropping him/his group?
    He lived off the programme for a while, but his music is crap, just a poor Specials/Jam wannabe and people now realise that.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Monday:
    9pm - ER
    10pm - Without A Trace

Tuesday:
    9pm - Wife Swap
    10pm - Shameless

Wednesday:
    9pm - Grand Designs

Thursday:
    9pm - Supernanny
    10pm - My Name Is Earl

Friday:
    9pm - Ugly Betty

Has Charlotte popped her sprog out yet? I thought it was due around Februaryish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Has Charlotte popped her sprog out yet? I thought it was due around Februaryish

Well, seeing as CBB won't be on, Channel 4 might bring forward Charlotte Church so that Ugly Betty can start at the same time, so it can boost it.

As for ER in the 9pm followed by another import, this has been done before. On Wednesdays, ER used to be shown at 9pm whilst Sex and The City would be shown at 10pm. Plus, it could be ER's last series, so I think it will return to the 9pm slot with a huge campaign, similar to Friends.
    I do think Supernanny should return to the 9pm slot were it did much better, as well as Wife Swap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, seeing as CBB won't be on, Channel 4 might bring forward Charlotte Church so that Ugly Betty can start at the same time, so it can boost it.

As for ER in the 9pm followed by another import, this has been done before. On Wednesdays, ER used to be shown at 9pm whilst Sex and The City would be shown at 10pm. Plus, it could be ER's last series, so I think it will return to the 9pm slot with a huge campaign, similar to Friends.
    I do think Supernanny should return to the 9pm slot were it did much better, as well as Wife Swap.

Good points- but could Charlotte physically do her show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tom0101 wrote: »
    Good points- but could Charlotte physically do her show?

Well, Davina has been able to present BB whilst looking after her new born child. Plus, it is shown once a week for 8 weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Thank god for that!!!!!

After this years BB, it's about time!

I thought I would be glued to BB this year, but I have only seen 1, and that was the one where they all went into the house.

I shall probably watch on Friday to see who wins.

Then good riddance to it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fraggle33 wrote: »
    Thank god for that!!!!!

After this years BB, it's about time!

I thought I would be glued to BB this year, but I have only seen 1, and that was the one where they all went into the house.

I shall probably watch on Friday to see who wins.

Then good riddance to it!!

Only three people who went in on launch night remain, and even then the twins now only count as one housemate. 4 of them you won't even know.

(The other original is Carole)
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    centrino04 wrote: »
    Good decision.

It desperately needs a rest.

Permanently:p
  • Options
    orlando1orlando1 Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will the Daily Star do now? Their whole news output appears to revolve around Big Brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the race row, if it did then Big Brother would have been axed not just the celebrity version as they are essentially the same show.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orlando1 wrote: »
    What will the Daily Star do now? Their whole news output appears to revolve around Big Brother.

Goodbye Daily Star, no real loss since they print 99percent bullshit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Daily Star should not even be called a newspaper
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    orlando1 wrote: »

Most of their BB stories are just plain wrong, apart from the few they copy from DSBB :D
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Most of their BB stories are just plain wrong:D

You got that right. How many times have they reported now that Chanelle is returning to the house? I think the Daily Star takes the law of averages approach to reporting. Make things up day after day, sooner or later you're bound to make something up that's close to the truth. :D