Mo on LF, "fightnight", "never underestimate the British public".

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
Forum Member
✭✭
I think mo is much shrewder than he is given credit for, discussing who gets evicted and fight night. Just now on live feed he was saying: "Never underestimate the British public... that night was big for this show, what people will remember is fight night...an image of dennis spitting at me , then mine and others reactions to this, if I had retaliated people views would have been different"

This is a very sharp summing up of how a lot of people remember the incident and all the fallout since.

Comments

• *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Aye, I started to watch him start to talk about it last night but the camera moved away. He was so right and I think the GBP have let him know how much we admired his actions. That was the first time I'd heard him say anything about it and it was a marked contrast to the accounts given by Stuart and Dale who insist it was nothing.

I wonder if they still think that?

Edit: For all the criticisms of the producers I'm so glad they showed the GBP just how awful, Bex, Dale, Stuart and Dennis were that night. Love or hate Mario, he was fantastic and Darnell will always have my vote for asking "the" question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Mo probably knows more about how BB works than all the other Housemates.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, his hit the nail on the head there, fair play to him, it is so odd how some other hm's have managed to kid themselves it wasn't a big deal...pathetic really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    He is dead right. Mo isn't the best of house mates in terms of personality but I do admire the way he handled himself that night. He is a role model for young men.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mo's right.

One of the resons I support him is because of the dignified and restrained manner in which he has handled situations like Spitgate.

Similarly, I will not forget how thuggish Dale and Stu came across. They have never recovered in my eyes.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    Mo's right.

Similarly, I will not forget how thuggish Dale and Stu came across. They have never recovered in my eyes.

No nor mine in fact I don't care if we have a boring last couple of weeks in the house, I want those two gone.
  • drumdrum Posts: 3,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo is being himself in there, he isnt out to impress anyone, he's isnt a bully or a bitch.

I like him. nice fella all round.. even if he does fart a lot ( cant hold whats not in your hand) :D
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    He had great composure despite extereme provocation.

Another example is when Rebecca cut his belt. He didnt stoop to her level.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is dead right. Mo isn't the best of house mates in terms of personality but I do admire the way he handled himself that night. He is a role model for young men.

Greedy, selfish and extremely lazy? OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally spot on there Mo. Many of us never forgotten who did what on that night and I'll certainly never forget Dales appalling behaviour.

Mo has been treated like sh*t by some in that house and he has handled the abuse with dignity. Thats the main reason I've wanted him to stay, he's earned a lot of respect with his class by rising above it.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »

Yep, and the way they have tried to revised history on the live feed so many times about the events of that night serves as a reminder of why they should never be allowed to make the final, imho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    No doubt it was a turning point, to think if Mohamed got his fists out and started kicking ass he would of been labeled as the "angry black man". i know it's hard to constrain yourself when in the face of such hostility, but i give massive points to him for keeping cool and not exploding.

To think if he did, Sylvia would of survived and Jen against Rex. a real turning point for BB9.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Callum. wrote: »

Everybody has their flaws.

You can't deny that Mo has dealt with conflict in the house admirably though.

And to go back to your point about Mo being lazy, he's not the only housemates who has slept during the day - Dale and Rex have been guilty of it too.

And Mo does his fair share of household chores (e.g. when he cleaned and tidied BBlock from top to bottom shortly after arriving in hell). Luke and Bex never lifted a finger around the house. I didn't hear them being criticised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All people got against Mo is greed, only because their fav. HM points it out too often... they pretend that Mo is eating their food and they are starving, beside that I don't know what problem people have with him...

Lets face it Mo is more funny than Dale/Stu combined, I can't remember the last time Dale/Stu did something funny. Can you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole 'Mo is greedy' thing started with Alex, got handed down to her minions, Sylvia and Dennis, and has been repeated by Team Bitch so many times that they actually all believe it without any real evidence to support it. Probably because most members of that little crew haven't got enough brain cells between them to make a decision for themselves unless they are told it by their gang leaders.

Even if he does eat more than average, does that justify the venom bordering on obsessive hate spouted by some of the HMs? They are like a little gang of schoolkids picking out someone who is too gentle to fight back.

I actually think the more they've slagged off the likes of Mo and Rachel, the more the GBP are turning against their nasty little clique.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zutons wrote: »
    I think mo is much shrewder than he is given credit for, discussing who gets evicted and fight night. Just now on live feed he was saying: "Never underestimate the British public... that night was big for this show, what people will remember is fight night...an image of dennis spitting at me , then mine and others reactions to this, if I had retaliated people views would have been different"

This is a very sharp summing up of how a lot of people remember the incident and all the fallout since.

and about the only interesting thing he's said in 8 weeks
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callum. wrote: »

No more so than any other HM. Luke was in fact the laziest and selfish HM ever, at least MoMo contributes to the cleaning when required. He sleeps no more than Lisa and Sara - and even Rex tries to get some shut-eye when he can - do these days, they're always in bed at every given opportunity.
    He contributes well to the tasks given, Lisa seems to be ducking out of them very easily - surely she can't bleat aout being 'tested' every bloomin week, thus not being fit and able to compete well in the tasks? Give me a break Lisa luv.

I've liked MoMo from the off, he's an OK guy, doesn't bitch, tries to give his reasons for his opinions, and he may not articulate them as well as others, but he does try.

He's come in for a lot of unnecessary stick and good for him for not stooping to low levels to get back at anyone.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    and about the only interesting thing he's said in 8 weeks

Hes stuck an olive branch to Mkey in BBlock.
    Hes been involved in fightnight.
    Hes entertained hes in the chilli task
    Hes been involved in arguments with Alex in week 1.
    Been in involved in belt-choping gate with Bex.

Intresting enough for you ?

Which other HM has those credentials.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he said all that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zutons wrote: »

He is a smart person. He seems to think Rex is fantastic though. I suppose he has serious blind spots.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    he said all that?

No he said more than this, but I have cut it down for the post. He said things like he and dennis would have been on the front page of all newspapers like the sun etc. I think the point is, his comments shows "he gets it", he knows how pivotal that incident was (after all a housemate was removed for what he did to mo).
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo has only been up against big characters, which is why he's survived.

If he goes up against Darnell, or Lisa, or Sara, or Stu, he's gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way the others pick on Mo and the way the crowd on BBBM are so against him make we want him to do well. Just to wipe the smug smile of the whisper club's faces and to silence the audience.

He's not my winner but he deserves to get further than the likes of Stu and Dale.