Mongrels BBC3

Comments

• Sesay2000Sesay2000 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. I've seen better but I think if they do get the humor right then this could be a great show.

I'm a big Avenue Q fan too! :D
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Fraggle Rock it aint
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fraggle Rock it aint

Thank God.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Oh i thought this was actually quite funny, will definitely be watching again next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I watched it this morning on the iplayer and quite enjoyed it, nice intro to characters, reasonably funny, will no doubt watch next week.
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, not laugh out loud funny but amusing, I'll give it another chance to see if it develops.

Relative to some of the other rubbish BBC3 has forced on us this was actually not bad, although that might be a case of damning with faint praise!
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    There used to be a late night animal puppet show on Ch4 in the late 90's/early 00's. it was far more filthy and far funnier. Can anyone remember it's name???

EDIT: - Just remembered it - Pets!!!
  • LycallesLycalles Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    There used to be a late night animal puppet show on Ch4 in the late 90's/early 00's. it was far more filthy and far funnier. Can anyone remember it's name???

The Hoobs.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel four was looking for people at entry level the other month for some intern positions and I have found that normally tv jobs ask the strangest of questions on their applications for someone who initially they want to do some filing, fetching and making tea. I have had to create a tv show, write a critique of 2 shows in less than 500 words, suggest where researchers should source their information and why they should look in these particular sites. Lazy lazy production companies :rolleyes:

Thanks for replying. I'v always wanted to work within the media. Do you need qualifications to get a job in TV at entry level?
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Check my post on the first page! :D

I have downloaded Pets on iTunes, and it is soooooo funny! :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Just looked up the voice performers and saw it was Lucy Montgomery. I've seen her in a few things and she's pretty good.
    Didn't have a fight scene in the IT Crowd? :D

At first I thought the voice was Catherine Tate :eek:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was really great. The writing was surprisingly NOT shit and I already love the characters and setups. One of the best things actually was the bleeping out of the strong language, it really worked for this.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was going to mention Pets!

It seems a lot of things channel 4 did, finally appear on other channels about 10 years later!

There are a few shows of this type:
    Pets
    The Bronx Bunny Show
    Crank Yankers
    and now Mongrels, which to be honest seems like a bit of a rip off of Pets.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    It's quite amusing, I think. I don't know why seeing foxes rotating on a microwave turntable is funny though.This must be sponsored by the Tory party.
  • LycallesLycalles Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Those who think Mongrels is a copy of Pets are not alone, read: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a233197/bbcs-mongrels-accused-of-plagiarism.html
    Mongrels aired for the first time on Tuesday but the creators of Pets have now complained that it borrowed from their programme.

Writing on the BBC's TV blog, Pets creator Brian West said that puppeteers Iestyn Evans and Andy Heath had worked on both shows and claimed that the producers of Pets had pitched a spinoff to the executive producer of Mongrels in 2005.
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Phew! Thank god some people have a sense that we don't all like the same things.

Sometimes, purile humour from cute puppets is just what the doctor ordered.

It's like Fraggle Rock, for adults!! :D

Sprocket, is that you? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demetrius wrote: »
    The Hoobs.

Especially when Tula was giving fallatio to Ivor in the back of the van! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it on iplayer. Some of it was slightly amusing, but most of it was just tiresome and crude without being funny. Gave the impression having been written by a couple of immature media studies students who think they're really clever.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Especially when Tula was giving fallatio to Ivor in the back of the van! :D

hoobalooba :p:cool:
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was pretty funny and I'll definately give it another go next week. :)

Some people on here seriously need to lighten up, I know you're all entitled to you opinion but blabbering on about license fee etc when the Beeb is producing garbage much worse than this is quite pathetic in my view.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shinny04 wrote: »
    Haven't watched it yet, might give it a go, but everyone should watch Avenue Q in the West End, very funny and very rude.

Seen Avenue Q 3 or 4 times and it's brilliant, might be getting a little dated maybe but still excellent.
    I thought it was pretty funny and I'll definately give it another go next week. :)

Some people on here seriously need to lighten up, I know you're all entitled to you opinion but blabbering on about license fee etc when the Beeb is producing garbage much worse than this is quite pathetic in my view.

I liked it, but then some people aren't watching TV to find fault and pick at everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Well it might not be to everyone's taste. I'm sure they'd appreciate On the Buses.

The chunks I saw were pretty raw, and made me laugh out loud quite a few times. The bit where the dog got taken to classes, I didn't get. The bits around it. pretty good.
  • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched on iplayer this afternoon and I enjoyed it. A few laugh out loud moments I will watch next week.
    Forum Member
    The first time I watched this I was very drunk and found it very funny. I must have only caught the crass, offesnive and obvious jokes.

Watched it again last night, when I was only slightly drunk, and got some of the more subtle jokes and humour.

Still think it's very good :)
    Forum Member
    Watched the second episode last night. Not as good as the first but still entertaining.