Options

The new Angelina book

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1299122/Angelina-Jolie-Will-new-book-Diana-author-Andrew-Morton-bombshell-ends-marriage.html

Andrew Morton may be considered a tabloid reporter, however we know his Diana books were accurate since they came from her and many feel his Tom Cruise book was 100% on the money. Any thoughts on his new Angelina book? Would you read it? I am rather doubtful I would. I really don't have a strong interest in her like so many do and I have often found her to be, perhaps something else than what she says.:p

Comments

• Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't read it but then I like Angelina. Morton is a hack who thrives on tittle tattle and half truths. I wouldn't line his pockets by buying it.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the stuff I've seen it reports on is in any way a revelation:

She used to like drugs
    She used to self harm
    She has a penchant for married men
    Her childhood was dysfunctional

FFS - we knew all this years ago - hardly groundbreaking.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She used to like drugs
    She used to self harm

Ditto. it's nothing but a money spinner for Morton and a lot of what's in it has already been eye-rolled away by loads of people.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She used to like drugs
    She used to self harm

Agreed. All he's doing is naming names and, seeing as the papers have already jumped on those bits, there really is nothing more to read here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I wouldn't read it but then I like Angelina. Morton is a hack who thrives on tittle tattle and half truths. I wouldn't line his pockets by buying it.

My thoughts exactly. This is old news most of it from Angelina herself.
  • Options
    alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »

The Diana stuff was hardly tittle tattle - her words!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes but that's not the case with this book. Jolie had no part in it and it's largely unsourced and/or suspect sourced. Already so little interest in it because of that exact reason. Just him looking to make a buck. A yawn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Angelina is a nutcase....have no interest in her but I can't say it's just a tabloid book....he had a lot of sources on the Tom Cruise book that claimed Morton was accurate in how high a figure Cruise is in Scientology....
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No other subject of his books has assisted him, so the rest is just tittle tattle IMO. His books have been slated in reviews. In Tom Cruise's he was accused of using emotive language to provoke and headline grab. ie comparing Scientologists to Nazis.

He has no evidence little Maddox was "bait" to " steal" Brad Pitt. Just gossip and a public that see St Jen as the golden girl. Men cant be stolen from women, they choose to go.

I do think that Angelina is flawed, she's spoke about her probblems with addiction, emotional trauma. But whether there is truth in this book or not she also cared deeply for her mum in her last months, apparently sleeping on her hospital floor. If Angelina could forgive her, then it's not really any business of anyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's wonderful to stay by your ill Mother or adopt children if you can to give them a better life, but I can't fall into this make Angelina a Saint type of thing. We are all flawed but some of the Hollywood crowd who need all the adoration and attention and in her case, married men, may be able to give the rest of us a run for our money.

Billy Bob was married when Angelina met him too.
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I have been watching to much telly with my 6 year old as I thought this book was about a mouse!

I will not buy it and I think it is a bit of a sad way to make a living by writing about people you don't know.

The Saint Angelina thing is daft as Angelina can't help it is some people refer to her in that way though to be honest I have only seen people that don't like her refer to her like that.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's wonderful to stay by your ill Mother or adopt children if you can to give them a better life, but I can't fall into this make Angelina a Saint type of thing. We are all flawed but some of the Hollywood crowd who need all the adoration and attention and in her case, married men, may be able to give the rest of us a run for our money.

Billy Bob was married when Angelina met him too.

No he was engaged to Laura Dern. But he has been married quite a few times over the years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    No he was engaged to Laura Dern. But he has been married quite a few times over the years.

Thank you Donna, you are right. He was engaged to Laura Dern and I saw this interview where Laura Dern had no idea whatsoever Billy Bob was running with Angelina.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would actually read it if I could, just because I find Angelina fascinating.