Options

Whats everyone doing for New years eve?

Comments

• Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    staying in watching tv, like a lot of people here, it seems!!:D
    got a box of choccies and a good film on...'Elizabeth; the Golden Age' [well it looks alright!]
    failing that we'll watch a dvd!!

we've never done much for new year, never gone out drinking or done fancy dress etc, but each to their own eh, stay safe and warm folks and enjoy yourselves!! happy new year!! :)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i was supposed to be going raving but i`m too sick:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was supposed to be going raving but i`m too sick:(.

hope youre better soon then annette, ps like the nickname lol:p
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Going to a house party to get pissed :D

I didn't think people still held house parties on NYE. I thought they went out of fashion at the end of the 80s. :o

No one has them around here. Village is like a morgue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to my best friend's house party, it was either that or descend on Manchester's gay village but as I've not long since shifted the flu I still don't feel 100% well so I'm sure my friend won't mind me using his bed as a place of a quick rest during the night.

Hope everyone enjoys themselves whatever they are doing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having a quiet NYE and staying in, as tomorrow having a family get together and i want to enjoy it :)
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to my best friend's house party, it was either that or descend on Manchester's gay village but as I've not long since shifted the flu I still don't feel 100% well so I'm sure my friend won't mind me using his bed as a place of a quick rest during the night.

Hope everyone enjoys themselves whatever they are doing :)

Don't drink too much, Butterfly. If you're still under the weather, booze will put you on that bed long before you want it to.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my friend's 20th as well tonight, so we're going to my other friends house for some pre drinking, then heading to our local pub to see in the New Year.

We're all dressing up in fancy dress - I'm going out as a punk. I just dressed up in everything and I look so ridiculous lol! :D
  • Options
    Evenstar120Evenstar120 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I'll be staying in. closing the curtains, locking the doors and windows. This has been the absolute year from hell and I will be so glad to see the back of it. I may watch a dvd with some munchies and a nice warm blanket before settling in for an early night.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    hope youre better soon then annette, ps like the nickname lol:p
    :cool:
    thank you chick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool:
    thank you chick.

no worries:D
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been invited anywhere so looks like me on my lonesome again for another year

Probably go on the XBox for a little while to pass the time or watch a DVD or two before midnight then watch the fireworks outside as I have a good view of the Bristol Channel where I live
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know for a fact i'm going to launch a serious assault on a box of choccies later:D:D
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going round a mates

Happy New Year everyone and stay safe
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    I do not know what to do?
    I either go to a party or go to bed for New Years. :(
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    I would say its possibly one of the worst nights of the year to be alone!..

Only if you are insecure and don't like your own company.

I can think of nothing worse than being stuck in a crowded, noisy pub on New Years Eve.

I will be quite content to be home alone with a bottle of wine and a DVD. :)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're staying in as we were out all over Christmas, so got the voddy and beers chilling!
  • Options
    Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hosting a murder mystery party :)

Bit ironic, in view of the main thread on here right now! :o

Then setting off a load of fireworks at midnight :D
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think people still held house parties on NYE. I thought they went out of fashion at the end of the 80s. :o

No one has them around here. Village is like a morgue.

Anybody with any sense would never hold a house party but considering this girls parents are on holiday I wouldn't count on her considering the damage the house will receive tonight :o:D
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    I'm working New Years Day, so I'll be having an early night.

Same here. On early days so going to be in bed early!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I was gonna stay in but I'm going round my mate's, just a couple of us. My dad's a little bit aghast because we've done the family New Year for such a long time now. I feel sort of bad but it had to happen sometime; if it wasn't tonight it'd be next year..

I'm a little sad about seeing this year out cause it's been a pretty momentous one and I feel like 2011 is going to be a really different time for me. Good, but different. I may cry. :o
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staying in. Was hoping for a nice quiet night but my flatmate has decided to bring round a group of friends rather than go out which means it won't be as quiet as originally planned. I'll be completely anti-social, go to the kitchen get a big bottle of wine then back into my room and probably spend most of the night on here :p No doubt get pissed, make some crude or nasty comments and suffer a three day ban. So in advance, if I'm rude to any of you, I apologies profoundly just now :p
  • Options
    lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was meant to be having a party, but had to cancel it because I'm sick, totally gutted as I love new years eve and the thought of staying in on my own makes me really sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't drink too much, Butterfly. If you're still under the weather, booze will put you on that bed long before you want it to.

Thanks for the heads up but don't worry I won't be doing, I've just got myself a couple of pear ciders (my favourite) and then diet coke is mine for the rest of the night :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staying in - I've got a virus, its been hanging around for the best part of a month now, and it is really beginning to p**s me off. I am sick of not being able to speak, unless I start to croak like Kermit the Frog - makes phone calls to my sis in Aus, practically impossible - no one can understand a word I'm saying and then I end up having a coughing fit for the next half hour:(

I will be really glad to see the back of this year - its been horrible:eek: