River Song and the Sonic Screwdriver

daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,393
Forum Member
✭✭
Having just watched through all the River Song stories recently, there does seem to be one thing we haven't yet seen and that's The Doctor giving River that Sonic Screwdriver she had in the Library story. In fact, I would like to see the whole build up of The Doctor seeing River before she goes to the Library as he knows what will happen to her.

Do you think we'll see that happen(or have I missed something :o) and if so, do you think it could happen next Series?

:)

Comments

• TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will happen this series.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    According the word of god, it's already happened.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We saw the Doctor and River on their way to The Singing Towers of Darillium in "Night and the Doctor".

It was at the Singing Towers that he gave her the scewdriver.

I doubt we will see anymore of this night than we already have.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    We saw the Doctor and River on their way to The Singing Towers of Darillium in "Night and the Doctor".

Have I been in a coma for a bit and missed an entire series? :confused:
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I been in a coma for a bit and missed an entire series? :confused:

It was a DVD extra
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    It was a DVD extra

Well that was a younger version of me, I have full knowledge of what you're talking about now....

So now that I have seen it, I don't think we'll be seeing River again, that was the ribbon on the top of her present, everything is tied up neatly.

(Except the line where she said she had pictures of all of his faces, when she only really met one Doctor then was surprised to meet a second...the face pictures probably weren't needed!)

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6L8ApY16FE
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a younger version of me, I have full knowledge of what you're talking about now....

So now that I have seen it, I don't think we'll be seeing River again, that was the ribbon on the top of her present, everything is tied up neatly.

(Except the line where she said she had pictures of all of his faces, when she only really met one Doctor then was surprised to meet a second...the face pictures probably weren't needed!)

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6L8ApY16FE

Maybe he draw all his faces for her as a way to give her more fantasies...she just never knew the order
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

Perhaps she's gone on to meet many other versions of the Doctor - the future ones will recognise her, but she needs to spot and keep away from the past ones for fear of messing things up!

Or perhaps it was just something that seemed like a fun idea at the time, but wasn't possible to sensibly flesh out in a series.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not telling you about the image that the thread title conjured in my head - except to say that I'm not sure the BBC could broadcast it even after the watershed...
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just watched that mini-episode, I don't see why there is the need to put it as a DVD Extra and not put a full episode on it as I'm sure most people would like to watch that. Does seem a big strange. :confused:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not telling you about the image that the thread title conjured in my head - except to say that I'm not sure the BBC could broadcast it even after the watershed...
    Steven Moffat had that same image a long time ago.
    Just watched that mini-episode, I don't see why there is the need to put it as a DVD Extra and not put a full episode on it as I'm sure most people would like to watch that. Does seem a big strange. :confused:
    Exclusive content to help sell DVDs.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he draw all his faces for her as a way to give her more fantasies...she just never knew the order

I bet she'll be having sleepless nights fantasizing about the 1st Doctor... :p As the 11th Doc might say: "He was a Mr Hottie".
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What made me laugh about thaat was that they were using the music from the end of Logopolis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem a slap in the face to the loyal tv fans who can't afford the DvD since it is such a key element of River Song's story.