Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    If LBC do employ Katie Hopkins as a presenter, it will say a lot about the kind of station LBC has become and the direction it is travelling in. They can't claim to be a serious news station any more as she peddles in causing offence just for the sake of it, rather than making coherent and reasoned points.

Excellent point and succinctly put. Spot on.
    Also as a pedant, can I point out that you're unlikely to be a pendant. :D

Does that make clitheroe a swinger...? ;-);-)
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also as a pedant, can I point out that you're unlikely to be a pendant. :D

Thank you, the autocorrect in my phone can be a menace sometimes if I don't closely check what I've typed. The other day I texted a friend to say I was going "rimming" later, it was "corrected" from "running"!
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Thank you, the autocorrect in my phone can be a menace sometimes if I don't closely check what I've typed. The other day I texted a friend to say I was going "rimming" later, it was "corrected" from "running"!

:o:o:o:o

Close "friend" was it?

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If LBC is looking to hire KH for a brief time, they'll have to train her up on media broadcasting law promto, for fear they get sued or something. Also given that the police are investigating two of her tweets for racial incitement - the Ebola/Scottish tweet and the Rochdale/Pakistani Flag ones - I'm not surprised LBC haven't commented on the Star's reported claims.

If the claims are true, I don't know what LBC will gain from hiring her. She may not be as affective as say George Galloway or James Whale because she certainly can't speak as a host on air as she does when she tweets (not least because they are two completely media platforms), and her way of broadcasting her views only seems to work well when she spars with other people. She will either have to learn how to curtail or cub her strident views or the manner in which she makes them.
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    If the claims are true, I don't know what LBC will gain from hiring her. She may not be as affective as say George Galloway or James Whale because she certainly can't speak as a host on air as she does when she tweets (not least because they are two completely media platforms), and her way of broadcasting her views only seems to work well when she spars with other people. She will either have to learn how to curtail or cub her strident views or the manner in which she makes them.
    Twitter and uk radio have probably got very different rules, and as I said in an earlier post the show is bound to be a toned down KH. They might even make it so sterile that she will be unrecognisable on her own show.
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coward:D:p;-):D
    Yes, I've decided it's safer to be a coward, a cynic and a pessimist.
    Full house! :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Some of the texts I've almost sent.when using auto correct, are hair raising - thank goodness I've taught myself to check them before sending!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o

Close "friend" was it?

:D:D:D:D

Couldn't get much closer, BB! :p
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter and uk radio have probably got very different rules, and as I said in an earlier post the show is bound to be a toned down KH. They might even make it so sterile that she will be unrecognisable on her own show.

.... and be as boring as hell, people may wonder what all the fuss is. Also LBC have to think of their advertisers. The more I think of them hiring her, the more stoopider it sounds.:p
    Yes, I've decided it's safer to be a coward, a cynic and a pessimist.
    Full house! :D

And proud of it:D I like! Haha:D
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... and be as boring as hell, people may wonder what all the fuss is. Also LBC have to think of their advertisers. The more I think of them hiring her, the more stoopider it sounds.
    Well if you compare Clive Bull's show to what it was many years ago, LBC could easily turn it into a very dull piece of radio.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alinton wrote: »
    I had the displeasure of hearing this part of Cristo last night. Wha a terrible presenter.

I should have known when I heard Farage on Thursday eve, that Cristo would have jumped on this, as he does with anything even vaguely gay-related. And extended it beyond an hour, 'as it was a popular topic'.

He just can't help ramming his own opinions down our throats. No-one is allowed to disagree, without getting interrupted by Cristo getting very close-mic and unnaturally emphasised.

Want lots of air time on Cristo's show? Agree with him. I think if I ever summon up the bother to call him, I'll agree with him, then when I've been on for 10 mins I'll suddenly say 'actually I completely disagree with you, and you're an idiot'.

I was going to send him a personal email after hearing last night, like I did last week, but then I thought what's the point, I'll only get another long winded smart-arse reply like I did then. Which included, amongst other things, his advice to me to listen to another presenter via a podcast instead of listening to him.

Happily last night I had a sleeping pill to hand, which did the trick. But I'd much prefer to be able to wake up and hear a decent, intelligent presenter on, instead of this cretin, with. His. Annoying. Way. Of. Emphasising. Certain. Phrases.

The. Worst. Presenter. On. LBC.

A great summing up of the worst presenter ever anywhere. His inability to swallow his saliva makes me heave. How such an incompetent gets a job as a radio presenter is beyond me.
  • Options
    alintonalinton Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Me neither. Terrible diction, terrible voice control, terrible emphasis, terrible pronunciation.

Why does he say 'the sweek' instead of 'this week'?

But it's not just that. And it's not just that I often disagree with him. I don't mind that; some of my favourite presenters are people I disagree with. It's just HOW they disagree. Challenge the caller's opinion. Tease their motives out of them. Make them question their own thoughts.

Not just interrupt with a tirade of nasal, close-mic, plosive, slobbery, self-centred bigoted rubbish.

I sincerely hope that the presenter that follows him swaps the mic pop shield. Or maybe that's why there's two hours of pre-rec after him.

So it can dry out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Does that make clitheroe a swinger...? ;-);-)

Seems I may not have been that far from the truth... ;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It wasn't an analogy, even by your definition, it was a question, but full marks for finding a way to distract from answering her point.

Indeed it was, but answer came there none... (yet). ^_^
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alinton wrote: »
    Me neither. Terrible diction, terrible voice control, terrible emphasis, terrible pronunciation.

Why does he say 'the sweek' instead of 'this week'?

But it's not just that. And it's not just that I often disagree with him. I don't mind that; some of my favourite presenters are people I disagree with. It's just HOW they disagree. Challenge the caller's opinion. Tease their motives out of them. Make them question their own thoughts.

Not just interrupt with a tirade of nasal, close-mic, plosive, slobbery, self-centred bigoted rubbish.

I sincerely hope that the presenter that follows him swaps the mic pop shield. Or maybe that's why there's two hours of pre-rec after him.

So it can dry out.

:D:D:D

He puts me in mind of Jamie Oliver, spraying all over everything. I wouldn't like to sit opposite either of them while having a meal.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    A great summing up of the worst presenter ever anywhere. His inability to swallow his saliva makes me heave. How such an incompetent gets a job as a radio presenter is beyond me.

Is about time he had another lunch with Richard Arnold.
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverley turner dreadful presenter comes across an old has been.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Well if you compare Clive Bull's show to what it was many years ago, LBC could easily turn it into a very dull piece of radio.

Let's face it LBC is dull, dull and dull and should KH join LBC, I for one would be glad, only for her to add a bit of spice to the bland production values now.
    Apart from Vallen's repetitive, toxic input, the rest of the day, I would imagine, just comprises stirring the latest news headlines, hosted by different presenters.
    As your say, the advertisers have to be protected and the laws of slander obeyed but I'm all for a bit of outlandishness for a change.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh? I have no idea what you mean. :confused:

g-s, just love to thro a curved ball into the thread, now & again !
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad somebody does. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ah indeed. Thank you.

She doesn't much like answering questions, though.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah indeed. Thank you.

She doesn't much like answering questions, though.

Remind me what it was and I'll give it my attention when I haven't anything else to think about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hopkins, without yet joining the station (if ever), is already doing her speciality of creating discord.

Or it was a rumour started by JOB and SA to deflect attention from them !! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Remind me what it was and I'll give it my attention when I haven't anything else to think about.

Naw, I prefer to leave your obvious avoidance as evidence. ;-)
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,862
    Forum Member
    Twitter would be a good way of letting them know that they have lost a listener if KH has a show, especially if you don't send it as a direct message, but a public one.

Let demand (or the lack of it) shape the supply!

I'm just afraid that LBC has chosen to become the on-air version of not only The Mail, but now The Sun as well. Radio designed to feed the prejudices of idiots, with the result that it also serves to increase those prejudices. Nasty and ignorant, dressed up as 'news' and all for the sake of a quick buck. When it's only about revenue, we kiss goodbye to quality.

Direct messages can only be sent on twitter if both parties follow each other. I know enough on politics, current affairs, the public's views and I've listened to so much talk radio over the years that I don't need to listen to phone in shows anymore as I can tell what kind of calls they will get.

If LBC take on more shock jock radio presenters, then I will reserve the right to phone up ad give them as good as they are dishing out but on the whole I'm thinking, why should I. Shock jock radio presenters and columnists for that matter are basically wind up merchants and why should anyone feed them anbd help them get paid their over paid wages? The way I see it they are saying what "they have to say" to get a reaction and people shouldn't fall for it.
    If shock jocks really do have those views then its their problem ( :D ) and as LBC is still pretty much a London radio station, so Jon Guant (if he's hired) and Katie Hopkins can spout all the wind up material they like, I doubt they will change London politically at all. Good. :)
This discussion has been closed.