Emmerdale 7pm Hour Long Special, Show Home Collapse

Comments

• amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    HairyMary wrote:
    I'm not one of these who gives out a 10, that would suggest nothing could have been done differently to make the episode better and I don't agree with that for ANY soap episode.

5.63 would equal good, certainly above average.

It was a good episode, fairly dull for the first half hour or so but the last 20 mins or so were great. :)

It was definitely a 10 for me on the night, it did exactly what it was supposed to do, entertain me for an hour and pull me back again tomorrow.

To those saying it was overblown, if it had been just one explosion as it might have been in reality, that would have lasted seconds on screen and faced criticisms of being "underblown". Has no one ever seen a disaster movie? If the house didn't blow up several times and collapse several times, it wouldn't have had the same impact on a viewer. Obviously it was OTT, but it *has* to be on tv and film. Anyone who's ever seen a real explosion knows that they're over and done with and not actually exciting in any way whatsoever.
  • eggpuffeggpuff Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadrach - Was he in the house??

Will he die? - I hope so he's a vile man!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I didn't think Dawn could survive that explosion when she was looking out of the window at Jamie in shock. But there's pics of her walking out. Hopefully she's bumped off in hospital.

I'd love it if Jimmy does survive, though it looked pretty final. Could be a good bluff for her car crash later. Plus another King to die within a year?

Who was on fire? I thought it was Jimmy originally but later he wasn't.

Nothing on Shadrach yet. After all the moaning for his demise from the other Dingles, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a goner.

Another good bit was after the explosion and the break, the group outside are just standing there in silence then run to help those trapped. Now that was badly done.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote:
    Yes, Also, I realise they probably don't see houses explode every day, but it would have been more natural, the moment everything stopped, collapse wise, for everyone to run to the rubble screaming peoples names, not stand artistically for 5 minutes, admiring the rubble! That was just totally unrealistic, you wondered what they were waiting for! (apart from the ad break!)

I think they were all meant to be in total shock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Great episode. well done! but why were there multiple explosions if it was a gas blast?
    and who was the guy in flames? (i thought it was Jimmy but when he appeared next the flames had been extinguished)
    Patsy Kensit was like a panto villain tonight. Nothing will alter my opinion of her acting, which is sh*te. Almost as bad as the Doc as regards woodenness. But there were some great scenes, I do like it when Sadie & Chas interact, and the new Dingle looks good for a laugh. Hey, at least he was helping to get people out - if only someone had rung 999 straight away instead of just looking at the wrecked house gobsmacked, it might have improved matters tho!
    Right, I'm off to chainsmoke and worry about Jimmy's health for a while now. shame there's not another hour long ep on tomorrow night!
    Forum Member
    cute chick wrote:
    In the ad break straight after the explosion there was an ad for a new housing development in Yorkshire! Lol talk about insensitive!

And an ad for "Norwood Interiors" which sounded like Patsy Kensit was doing a voiceover! More like, Noreen's interior splattered all over the house's interior! :o
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    feelfree wrote:
    Patsy Kensit is a brilliant actress she shon more than people do in Hollywood movies she was increadable

She used to be a passable actress, unfortunately since she had the botox on her face, she's not capable of expressions anymore, which rather hampers her acting and makes her come across as animated as a block of wood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually watch Emmerdale... but from the previews just had to see tonight's...

I'm pretty sure it must've been a gas explosion, as turning on a light in a room filled with gas will have the same effect as lighting a match in the same room.... BOOM!

I agree with a previous poster though, the whole house collapsing was a bit OTT, and surely if it was a gas explosion, there would be one big explosion and not a series of explosions like there were...

No, I can certianly say that a gas explosion can cause multiple explosions. That I know first hand of from experience. :(

But the whole bricks and collapse tonight was really fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Londonary wrote:
    No, I can certianly say that a gas explosion can cause multiple explosions. That I know first hand of from experience. :(

But the whole bricks and collapse tonight was really fantastic.

And like I said above, on screem we *need* multiple explosions, otherwise people will blink and miss it. Audiences are stooopid.
  • PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, how you lot can type so much I don't know.

I am in shock.

For those of you who knew my situation (broken TV) I went across the road to the neighbours to watch it. At the end of the episode I had to be cuddled and consoled because I was just a crying, quivering heap. I'm still in tears now.

:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    the person on fire was actually the estate agent who is meant to confuse you by looking the same as jimmy and wearing the same suite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    did jimmy actually die?
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote:
    Yes, Also, I realise they probably don't see houses explode every day, but it would have been more natural, the moment everything stopped, collapse wise, for everyone to run to the rubble screaming peoples names, not stand artistically for 5 minutes, admiring the rubble! That was just totally unrealistic, you wondered what they were waiting for! (apart from the ad break!)

Oh be fair, it was more like 10 seconds they stood still, you can't count the actual ad break!
  • ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive a nasty feeling shadrachs stuck in there somewhere :( .hoping he gets out.noreen and her wig took the first blast shes had it and i think Dawn has as well.Diane i think gets resucitated.

Wouldnt be suprised if Jimmys copped it as well but we all know who did that. :eek:

Was really good tonight much better than the wind disaster which killed Tricia.

Think Eli Dingle going to be a hit as well.

But why out of all those people did NOT one of them straight away dial 999 :rolleyes:
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    See, I didn't think Dawn could survive that explosion when she was looking out of the window at Jamie in shock. But there's pics of her walking out. Hopefully she's bumped off in hospital.

I'd love it if Jimmy does survive, though it looked pretty final. Could be a good bluff for her car crash later. Plus another King to die within a year?

Who was on fire? I thought it was Jimmy originally but later he wasn't.

Jimmy survives! Sadie plans her revenge on him next week after he survives despite her best efforts tonight!

I wish Shadrach was one of those killed. He gets more disgusting by the week. Maybe Eli's his Dingle replacement?!
  • mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact the house collapsed is a sign of shoddy work, as Eli was telling Marlon, it wasnt built properly
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    the digger broke one of the gas pipes so when dawn was going on about the funny smell, it wasnt shadrach it was gas she could smell! so when noreen opened the airing cupboard it triggered off a massive gas explosion.

How can you mistake the smell of Gas for something else?!!!!??

It has a smell that is distinctive - thats the purpose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok just watched emmerdale, good explosions, but..... it was like the house wasnt built very well, it fellt down just like that. And the view of the top of the house wasnt the same as from the front where u can see a pointed bit do you see what i mean? it looked like it was flat roof
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peachie wrote:

I am in shock.

For those of you who knew my situation (broken TV) I went across the road to the neighbours to watch it. At the end of the episode I had to be cuddled and consoled because I was just a crying, quivering heap. I'm still in tears now.

Jimmy doesn't die. The burnt body they find is the estate agent. I reckon Jimmy (or one of his cronies) will be behind Sadie's fatal car crash later on this summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's on Tv says...
    DAWN - At first, it seems that all might be ok for Terry's ex-wife when she's pulled out alive - but she's taken to hospital where doctors fear for her life...
    DIANE - She's rescued from beneath the rubble, but then in the ambulance, the paramedics struggle to get her heart beating again.
    JIMMY - The King family are frantic, believing Jimmy has been buried in the rubble. When a body is found, they fear the worst...
    SADIE - Jimmy's trap turns into sheer terror. Could this finally be the end of scheming Sadie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gazdudeuk wrote:
    ok just watched emmerdale, good explosions, but..... it was like the house wasnt built very well, it fellt down just like that. And the view of the top of the house wasnt the same as from the front where u can see a pointed bit do you see what i mean? it looked like it was flat roof

Well that's what Eli was telling Marlon, wasn't it? If only they'd listened to him...
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Peachie wrote:

I am in shock.

So I don't have to post a video to you tomorrow now then?
    Phew, so glad you managed to watch it.

Jimmy has a tough skull. He won't die.

The man in flames was definitely that Estate Agent who they tried to make us think was Jimmy in last weeks Inside Soap mag.

Dawn looked ok didn't she?
    But we KNOW she dies later in hospital so it must be internal injuries.

Shadrach won't be dead.
    He's like cockroaches - can't be squished.
  • RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode tonight, loved Sadie the bitch and Jimmy particularly.

Poor Noreen, don't think her wig will survive that :(

Poor Bob and Terry, who will now feel really guilty :cry:
    Forum Member
    How can you mistake the smell of Gas for something else?!!!!??

It has a smell that is distinctive - thats the purpose.

Have you ever smelt Shadrach though? ;)
  • mandsboileedsmandsboileeds Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG what an episode! Roll on the soap awards next year...that was THE best episode of Emmerdale Ive ever seen OMG where to start? I loved the looks on everyone faces and the silence from them before the adverts... ELI ROCKS by the way!!! please keep him in for ages, hes fab....It looked so real, was so sad when Dawn was looking out of the window at Jamie... I'm gunna miss her! Poor Diane too,.... she'll hav one hell of a headache tomorrow!! .... I loved how they all just got in there and started to dig for any survivors and how good was the bit where they got Danny out... I also loved it when we saw Noreen flie across the hallway... and when Bob realised Dawn was in there.... GO SADIE, bet Jimmy's brickin it! PMSL :p:p

Emmerdale producers , cast and crew you should be SO PROUD of yourselves ...tonights episode was THE BEST! thanx..I am going to write to them tomorrow and tell them all this too.