Mongrels BBC3

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    From watching the doc some of the earily attempts were absolutely shocking compared to the finished masterpiece.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Anyone know what film this is a spoof of
    http://bbc.co.uk/i/t249h/?t=24m30s
    Just incase people are not sure of the part it's 24m30s into the show and just the part where they come over the hill with the Kasabian song playing.
    Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    Just a note that repeats of episode 8 and Mongrels Uncovered are on tonight from 9pm.
  • SageDragonSageDragon Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Just got round to watching the last one - this really is comic genius. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't put the chances of it being recommissioned at more than 50% for the reasons we've already discussed - none of the BBC channels is the natural home for it. And I'm guessing its viewing figures were OK but not great.

Anyone else agree that this has future cult status written all over it?

Favourite line from this episode was the drag-hunting. But 'wristbands' and the 'Games Workshop' lines were close seconds!
    Forum Member
    OK - someone's got to do this...

The canonical list of Nelsonisms (starting with episode 8)

- Robert Mugabe! Those poor animals!
    - Dame Helen Mirren! That's fruity stuff!
    - Horne and Corden! She's been sedated!
    - Dermot Murnaghan! We're saved!

Anyone wanna do any other episodes? OK, it's just me that's this obsessed then...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    SageDragon wrote: »
    OK - someone's got to do this...

The canonical list of Nelsonisms (starting with episode 8)

- Robert Mugabe! Those poor animals!
    - Dame Helen Mirren! That's fruity stuff!
    - Horne and Corden! She's been sedated!
    - Dermot Murnaghan! We're saved!

Anyone wanna do any other episodes? OK, it's just me that's this obsessed then...

Mark Fowler!
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What in the name of Russell Howard has happened to your face?":D
    Forum Member
    From watching the doc some of the earily attempts were absolutely shocking compared to the finished masterpiece.

It could have been a total trainwreck, couldn't it. What really came across was the amount of effort, time and money they'd taken to properly develop everything. And just how much fun they have!
    Forum Member
    OK - question for the fans:

Take a close look at the hospital scene at the end of the final episode. I know this is sad, but freeze frame it and look at the detail. Question - what scale is it? I mean are those life-size hospital beds and props or was it all built to a smaller 'puppet' scale?

Looking at the behind-the-scenes programme - I don't think the puppets are big enough to put in full-size beds, so I'm guessing they didn't just hijack the set of Casualty for an afternoon. But looking again at the level of detail - I can't believe that it's a small-scale puppet set either.
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    Mark Fowler!
    MAGIC JOHNSON! I've got rabies!
    MARK FOWLER! so I dont have rabies after all!

Sir Robert Winston! I can't believe I'm going to be a dad!

Holy Fritzl!!!
    :D
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Aah, I think that's mis-remembered. Wasn't it:

"Russell Howard! What in the name of Marty Feldman has happened to your face?"

Still funny, either way!

K
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SageDragon wrote: »
    Anyone else agree that this has future cult status written all over it?
    Who you callin' a Cult?:mad:
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    KennyT wrote: »
    Aah, I think that's mis-remembered. Wasn't it:

"Russell Howard! What in the name of Marty Feldman has happened to your face?"

Still funny, either way!

K
    Actually it's

"Russell Howard! What in the name of Marty Feldman happened to your eye?"
    http://bbc.co.uk/i/swgkn/?t=6m44s
    ;)

Even Russell Howard got it wrong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b767qBXlrZ4#t=2m56s
    :D
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Funniest, sharpest and cleverest prog I've watched in ages!
    Nelson is so cute! Love Marion too! "A little piece of .... WIBBLY STRING!" :D

One of the best lines, for me, from the last ep that no-one's mentioned yet was:

"No! Running into a cellar to try to blow a building up! That's not what Guy Fawkes Night is all about!!" :D:D

Loved "More than words" and "5/11" too...

SER-IES TWO! SER-IES 2! SER-IES 2!
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trollheart wrote: »
    "No! Running into a cellar to try to blow a building up! That's not what Guy Fawkes Night is all about!!" :D:D

I'm going to mis-correct someone again, but wasn't the full quote something along the lines of:

"No! Running into a cellar to try to blow a building up for political ends! That's not what Guy Fawkes Night is all about!!"

Over to "degsy" to correct the correction and provide the link!

K
    Forum Member
    I've shown you the way. You can do it yourself you lazy **** :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    I was in work the other day and without even realising I was singing "Everybody Loves a Lesbian..." to myself and the people around me thought I was nuts...although some people knew where the song was from and at one point or another during the day were humming it too! :D
  • odie30odie30 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope they get a second seris but hope its is without destiny there should be more vince
  • ChanfronChanfron Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Watched them all via Iplayer, very funny, think my favorite episode is number four but they are all great.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superb, and possibly missed, aside from Marion in last Tuesday's one.

There's a conversation about certain matters with a Austrian connection:

Marion (wistfully): "Ahhhh incest......"

:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the 'making of' last night (final episode not on iPlayer yet - wake up BBC:mad:).

Loved the way the puppeteers and 'voicers'seemed able to react to things 'in character'. A scene would break down for some reason and 'Nelson' or 'Marion' would have a look or a comment:)

Loved the description of Destiny as "a self obsessed 'it' bitch."
    Forum Member
    Frood wrote: »
    Saw the 'making of' last night (final episode not on iPlayer yet - wake up BBC:mad:).
    Both have been up for days. I watched them on iPlayer last Wednesday morning.
    Loved the way the puppeteers and 'voicers'seemed able to react to things 'in character'. A scene would break down for some reason and 'Nelson' or 'Marion' would have a look or a comment:)
    I also liked the way the puppeteers voiced the characters themselves on set/between scenes etc. I think it showed the involvment they have in the characters.
  • cliftonhillcliftonhill Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    What a stupid programme with daft animal characters and has been guests. I like it and hopefully we'll get a new series before long :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both have been up for days. I watched them on iPlayer last Wednesday morning.

Couldn't find it yesterday:mad:

Just had a thought.

How long will it be before some idiot accuses the BBC of being 'PC' by including an Afghan hound and Persian cat.

"Ramming multiculturism down our throats........:mad::mad::mad:"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't find it yesterday:mad:

Just had a thought.

How long will it be before some idiot accuses the BBC of being 'PC' by including an Afghan hound and Persian cat.

"Ramming multiculturism down our throats........:mad::mad::mad:"

I thing they've taken most of the Mongrels episodes off iPlayer now - every episode was up a week ago.