Beth Tweddle is unlikely to skate tomorrow

2»

Comments

• TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With so many getting sick think they need to be looking at their catering, Beth only got sick after going to London and given production people are now sick too makes you wonder where they picked it up from
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I reckon Shayne will be up for the public vote rather than Anthea as she is, allegedly, "graceful". :rolleyes: In that case it would be very hard to call the outcome... Joe would seem the obvious one to go but he must have got lots of votes last week so he could surprise us? Shayne also seems very popular so I doubt he would go. Something like Gareth V Samia in the skate-off at this stage would be a disaster IMO, although I'd actually like Joe to stay a bit longer as at least he makes people laugh!

Saying that Steven Arnold was awful and he got through the first round. Then when they all skated together in week 3 he was out

Personally I think Anthea was much better than Shayne so I have a feeling she would be saved too
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If, as some of these comments suggest, the show format could be seriously disrupted, would it not be better for everyone to postpone the show, (they'd do that quickly enough if some boring football replay popped up).

Given that the show is already overloaded with the accursed adverts and padding anyway, which ruin spontaneity and continuity, any show with reduced contestants, within the same time frame could be a somewhat boring non-event.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its DOIs fault for having this crap twist.

It is. I wish they'd get rid of all the crap twists! They change the judges, but not this. Why? :confused:
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't want her spreading it around, and if she is a bit dehydrated which she will be it wouldn't be safe.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is. I wish they'd get rid of all the crap twists! They change the judges, but not this. Why? :confused:

Agreed, its only the 3rd week of the competition, they should still be concentrating on getting through their set routines, without having to worry about going head to head with each other!
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RuthStar wrote: »
    So we're only getting 4 routines tonight? How are they going to spread 4 throughout a 90 odd minute show? I do hope Beth gets better though, as I think she has potential to be in the final..

4? If Beth doesn't skate there are still 9 other celebs. Whether Oona will get a bye to next week, or have to face the viewers vote is debatable, but she will still have to skate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    4? If Beth doesn't skate there are still 9 other celebs. Whether Oona will get a bye to next week, or have to face the viewers vote is debatable, but she will still have to skate.

the duel contestants skate together in a joint routine with a bit of time in the spotlight for each pair .. so only 5 routines tonight

if Beth doesn't skate then Oona can't as their routine is a joint skate
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people are saying there'll only be 4 routines - surely the other 9 will skate although Oona's performance may just be for show.

Poor Beth with gastro-enteritis though. I was hospitalised with it once and very weak afterwards.:(

Edit - oh right, I didn't realise they skated together.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping the Duel idea doesnt go ahead if there are not enough doing it. Voting for just four contestants at this early stage is ridiculous.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really shouldn't do the duels if one pair can't skate. And it's a bit unfair Oona gets to go through without skating or being ill justbecause Beth is ill, but then it would also be unfair for her to automatically face the vote just because she can't prove herself against Beth.

The twist is a bit stupid anyway in only week 3. This serves them right, and they obviously can't just postpone it since the skaters have been rehearsing for this. Could everyone not just perform their skate-off thing as they should all have one prepared? It's better than one skater not being able to skate without even being ill or anything just because her duel partner is ill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mm
    kaycee wrote: »
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are saying there'll only be 4 routines - surely the other 9 will skate although Oona's performance may just be for show.

Poor Beth with gastro-enteritis though. I was hospitalised with it once and very weak afterwards.:(

Edit - oh right, I didn't realise they skated together.
    Each duel will see the two contestants and their partners take to the ice together and skate a routine to the same music.

they do skate a routine Individually as a pair but it's part of one routinme to the same piece of music with the four of them skating parts together usually at the start and end so if one drops out the music track wouldn't fit right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if Beth is out for today???
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Hoping the Duel idea doesnt go ahead if there are not enough doing it. Voting for just four contestants at this early stage is ridiculous.

Let them do their save me skate instead?
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they really should all just do their save me skate. I'm sure they'll get stick for letting Oona through for basically nothing just to keep the stupid twist more than they will if they just drop the twist or postpone it until the week after next (obviously next week will be odd numbers).
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Let them do their save me skate instead?

Suggested this in the other thread. :)