Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Another boring episode today..someone please sack the writer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Another boring episode today..someone please sack the writer

Wasn't it just. Listening to Karl and his rubbish singing was so boring along with Priya & AJ's dire acting. Oh, how I didn't see the trenchcoat reveal coming :yawn:
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I envy Andrew so much for the view he got in today's episode, lucky lucky guy!!! (I know its not real, but can't think of many who wouldn't want to see what Tash has to offer)...
    Such a shame she is leaving
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Please, when the queue forms to slap Rani, please can I be near the front?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I can understand someone being uncomfortable about seeing someone blatantly breastfeeding, but Sonya did have the baby covered, so no-one could see anything, and not all mothers cover up when their baby is feeding. I think that guy overreacted, and he wasn't just uncomfortable, but he was disgusted, and that's the difference.

When I was in Norway, in a cafe, a woman just whipped out her boobs and started breastfeeding without covering up at all, and no-one cared - and she was sitting in the middle of the cafe, so everyone could see! It's quite surreal when you see someone publicly breastfeeding for the first time, but after that, I've never thought anything of it.

When Tash asked her to relocate, it stunned her and made her feel like she was doing something wrong. I can see why people are for and against public breastfeeding. But, Sonya reacted way too OTT and hyper; all of her subtlety has gone out the window. Does everyone remember what she was like when she first arrived? When Toadie had that flashback a couple of weeks ago, to their first meeting, Sonya was like a different character. I miss her subtlety.

Yeah, she had the baby covered but this is neighbours - full-frontal BF was not an option. Someone like Sonia would do it though.

Her reaction was way OTT and all her skanky mates who turned up were pathetic. Sonia has changed, and not for the better.

It may be the law in Australia, but I think people have an equal right not to have to watch if they don't like it. It van be done discreetly, and it's not good for the child to be used to 'make a statement'.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Please, when the queue forms to slap Rani, please can I be near the front?

After me! what a brat!
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,770
    Forum Member
    Despite his inane grin, I do like AJ.

But oh for the love of whatever, please, pretty please get rid (I really need to get some acting lessons and tone down the eyeshadow) Priya and as for Rani, well like mother like daughter.

Dreadful casting.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajay, karate man!

I wonder if his karate will become the new equivalent of Kate's dancing, and we'll get him showing it off at any opportunity in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Ajay, karate man!

I wonder if his karate will become the new equivalent of Kate's dancing, and we'll get him showing it off at any opportunity in the coming weeks.

Nunchuk twirl, high kick, hat raise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Ajay, karate man!

As long as he has a top hat to tilt I'm all for it!

As if life couldn't get any worse for priya she finds out Kate Ramsay 'has her back' :D

I haven't seen today's yet but there was a shirtless Chris on the preview so it shouldn't be too bad
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    .....keyboard coffee splutter!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

Hahaha!:D
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    "Scotty" :mad:

He's a grown man, not a child or a pet. Call him "Scott". It annoys me so much.
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    I disagree. The amount of time it took them to get together, then every bump in the road would cause them to split, we lost a lot of Canning charm and the happy-go-lucky guy disappeared.

What Canning charm? He used to be a complete tool before he met Jade. All he does post Jade is grimace and pout at the screen. He would be the ideal partner for Kate, they can both pout and grimace in the background as they walk along.

Lauren's new family seem interesting though.

Can't wait for Steph's return. Hope it's not too far in the future. Drag Libby back as well.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    One thing doesn't Andrew leave soon in Aus eps I'm beginning to think he could be the second wedding victim as he doesn't seem to be showing signs of leaving or thinking of going.
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it will be Sophie. She looks even more miserable than she normally does, and it's all Rani and Callum these days. She does not get a looking at anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Scotty" :mad:

He's a grown man, not a child or a pet. Call him "Scott". It annoys me so much.

His called Scotty simply baceause it's a part of the Australian language. I always find it the norm, I guess that's baceause I am Australian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I reckon it will be Sophie. She looks even more miserable than she normally does, and it's all Rani and Callum these days. She does not get a looking at anymore.

My thoughts
    I think Rhys will be the only human to die at the wedding, my guess is Bossy the dog will be the second. It would set up Kyle & Georgia I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a couple of days as I have the most horrific virus and can't be bothered to watch TV, instead I have slept for the last 48 hours but hopefully I will be back tomorrow
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling it might Priya that dies, along with Rhys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love neighbours logic: Georgia is fighting with her boyfriend and is sort of friendly with Rhys so she must be interested in him :D

Lou 'doing a Sheila' trying to throw Lucas at Vanessa. He's in and out of the programme so much I can't remember where he was this last time
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I assume it's written into any Neighbours actors contract, that if you do anything other than act - be it martial arts, dancing, singing, playing a musical instrument - that not matter how awkward, it will be shoe horned into the show at some point? :)

Still hating the whole creepy stalker Lucas and Vanessa story line. Not to mention, that yet again he has shown that whenever there is trouble, he does a runner or hides away. Just what you want in a father/partner.

Luckily I had recorded today's episode so fast forwarded though all the cringe worthy Sonya scenes. Vanessa is distraught that her poor tiny baby needs an op. But forget that, press her for how she feels about Lucas and try to match make :)
  • Options
    alibobsyalibobsy Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Can I just put an opposite spin on the Sonya breastfeeding thing. The guy complaining was completely and utterly in the wrong. Breasts are for feeding babies first and foremost and if the guy finds that upsetting its his problem. TBH I always found you could be extremely discreat anyway as once the baby is latched on your top, or as in Sonya's case a scarf covers all. In fact given that when Tash went over S had the scarf over the baby nothing was on show, making it a complaint about a young child being fed in the most natural way which is utterly disgusting. Basically the guy is saying a BABY should be left crying for food, or never go out or be fed IN A TOILET. What an idiot. If the guy didn't like it let him eat his dinner in the bog. TBH Tash should have explained-politely of course that breastfeeding is a natural thing and the right to do it in public is legally protected-then she should have offered to move him and his mates to the other side of the bar so its out of their line of sight. His problem so he should move.

As someone who is a big breastfeeding fan and mum of 4-all BF, I would feed them where they needed it and was always waiting for someone to moan so I could give them a gobful. But suprisingly in this country no one has ever said anything, then again given that its a protected legal right in this country I would imagine its covered in staff training-but job training in neighbours doens't seem to go past heres the outfit get on with it lol.

Something else people may have missed is that the group of Mums had arranged a specific booking at charlies and it was specifically a mum and baby group-so charlies and I assume Tash would have known BF was on the cards.

All that said I did thing from the point of view of the show it took a long time to sort and would have been better had Tash realised how wrong she was straight away that the group complained.

Ali x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alibobsy wrote: »
    Can I just put an opposite spin on the Sonya breastfeeding thing. The guy complaining was completely and utterly in the wrong. Breasts are for feeding babies first and foremost and if the guy finds that upsetting its his problem. TBH I always found you could be extremely discreat anyway as once the baby is latched on your top, or as in Sonya's case a scarf covers all. In fact given that when Tash went over S had the scarf over the baby nothing was on show, making it a complaint about a young child being fed in the most natural way which is utterly disgusting. Basically the guy is saying a BABY should be left crying for food, or never go out or be fed IN A TOILET. What an idiot. If the guy didn't like it let him eat his dinner in the bog. TBH Tash should have explained-politely of course that breastfeeding is a natural thing and the right to do it in public is legally protected-then she should have offered to move him and his mates to the other side of the bar so its out of their line of sight. His problem so he should move.

As someone who is a big breastfeeding fan and mum of 4-all BF, I would feed them where they needed it and was always waiting for someone to moan so I could give them a gobful. But suprisingly in this country no one has ever said anything, then again given that its a protected legal right in this country I would imagine its covered in staff training-but job training in neighbours doens't seem to go past heres the outfit get on with it lol.

Something else people may have missed is that the group of Mums had arranged a specific booking at charlies and it was specifically a mum and baby group-so charlies and I assume Tash would have known BF was on the cards.

All that said I did thing from the point of view of the show it took a long time to sort and would have been better had Tash realised how wrong she was straight away that the group complained.

Ali x

Well said! :)
This discussion has been closed.