The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of: The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread
info about all Matt's events can be found here: http://teammattcardle.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/matts-upcoming-event-calendar/

Hopefield Dec 1 needs adding (https://twitter.com/Hopefield_Essex/status/400614551806148608/photo/1), but otherwise up to date :)

Comments

• chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Hooray!

Lovely Porcelain Park :D
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    What a pathetic, nasty, headline and intro.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/james-arthur-gets-last-laugh-as-matt-cardles-songs-are-banned-from-x-factor-live-shows-4186340/

I wonder how some people get to be a journalist.
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link chosen! His little Christmas lights switching on finger is gonna be worn out!
    Forum Member
    What a pathetic, nasty, headline and intro.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/james-arthur-gets-last-laugh-as-matt-cardles-songs-are-banned-from-x-factor-live-shows-4186340/

I wonder how some people get to be a journalist.

no-one could ever sing the songs as well as Matt - that must be why ;):p:D
  • eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no-one could ever sing the songs as well as Matt - that must be why ;):p:D

That's the only reason I can think of ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    People should phone the xtra factor (on air) and ask why Matts songs cant be sung.

Who made this decision and why?
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Autumnn444 wrote: »
    People should phone the xtra factor (on air) and ask why Matts songs cant be sung.

Who made this decision and why?

I assume Simon Cowell and the producers of The X Factor made this decision. At least Matt's songs won't be wrecked by one of the contestants, so this is one way to look at it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woohoo:D Finally a new house, we were in the last one forever lol!

Pretty silly headline really considering JA is likely to be next on the shunned list if he carries on attacking people:rolleyes:
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I assume Simon Cowell and the producers of The X Factor made this decision. At least Matt's songs won't be wrecked by one of the contestants, so this is one way to look at it.:D

That's exactly what I thought - LOL. This year's contestants are particularly bad (from what I have read - not actually watching this year). But the show is a Sony product - they aren't going to promote a different label's songs.

I also agree with this:

steve brookstein ‏@stevebrookstein 1h
    @samkane1968 turns out its just X Factor PR to get people talking about the theme.

The show desperately needs people to start talking about it again - and very few people are now.
    Forum Member

Pretty silly headline really considering JA is likely to be next on the shunned list if he carries on attacking people:rolleyes:

Any news on JA's second week's sales? - Matt's week 2 sales were 26,443 - it will be interesting if an album at #9 in the midweeks gets anywhere near this, as that would be a huge turnaround from last week.
    Forum Member
    Oh - and a new house at last...........new era looming too and a new single, possibly not from the album coming up.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Any news on JA's second week's sales? - Matt's week 2 sales were 26,443 - it will be interesting if an album at #9 in the midweeks gets anywhere near this, as that would be a huge turnaround from last week.

It may do cos we're mid Nov and sales really start increasing, Matt released his album In Oct when sales were lower even though he came in at 4 on the album chart on his second week. Still, saying that 9 came in at 14,700 last week so if he stays at that position he probably wont. No sales info apart from this snippet in Wed midweeks.

1 Lady Gaga - ARTPOP * (Nearly 47k / More than 17k ahead of #2)

There may be some sales info in the Fri update tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what I thought - LOL. This year's contestants are particularly bad (from what I have read - not actually watching this year). But the show is a Sony product - they aren't going to promote a different label's songs.

I also agree with this:

steve brookstein ‏@stevebrookstein 1h
    @samkane1968 turns out its just X Factor PR to get people talking about the theme.

The show desperately needs people to start talking about it again - and very few people are now.

Sony product or not.. if it's to celebrate 10yrs of the show then they should have the decency to include All winners. They were after all.. THE VIEWERS CHOICE.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member

Wonder how long he'll last as he keeps slagging off 1D. 1D are Simon's favourites and Simon has the power to get rid of him.
    Forum Member
    Sony product or not.. if it's to celebrate 10yrs of the show then they should have the decency to include All winners. They were after all.. THE VIEWERS CHOICE.

I understand what you are saying - I very much felt like that about the mash-up video this summer. However, I just haven't watched the show this series - and that seems to have given me enough distance to really not care any more. The XF has turned its back on him plus Steve, Shayne and Leon. I really feel for Shayne, he always seems bewildered by their attitude to him - he sold a lot of records in his time and hasn't done (or has been perceived to have done) anything to warrant this. But I suspect that Matt really doesn't care - he is quite a pragmatic individual and just focusses on moving forward, rather than wasting time worrying about the rights and wrongs of things over which he has no control.
  • MinkyBeaMinkyBea Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Oh - and a new house at last...........new era looming too and a new single, possibly not from the album coming up.:D

New pad - at last!! Just to say was lucky enough to be offered a last minute ticket to Paul O Grady recording on Wednesday & was delighted to find it wasn't just Matt & Mel, but the whole band who were on. They actually did two takes of the song as well - so we got a double whammy :D:D

It was great fun to see what goes on behind the scenes & of course get the unexpected bonus of seeing the band too. I'm not sure if it will show on camera or not, but when they were being interviewed Matt tucked one leg up on the cushions of the sofa - as he often does - and his other leg was left dangling & fidgety, bless!

It was Lorenzo's birthday & so the boys from the band (minus Matt) all went out for lunch afterwards and by another stroke of fate we ran into them on our way to the station. We had a lovely little chat, and Paul revealed he has played on something called The End in the studio with Matt. He agreed he thought it was as yet unfinished - but interesting nonetheless that it seems it is progressing :D:D

Anyway, I shall leave you good people to enjoy P O'G this evening -which I'm having to record because I won't be in for it!
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. I never watched the show that Steve Brookstein won, but what on earth did he do that was so terrible? Apart from refusing to record covers for his 2nd album? Personally, it would be nice to see Leon, I believe he is writing for others and doing well. Shane, another series I never watched, but he has a decent career on the West End Stage. Glad they included Joe, but without him it would have just been JA and female winners.

Matt is doing nicely, whatever the critics may say. If they are singing songs that the artist performed on X Factor, well it is rather strange that FTEISYF was not included, whatever the politics behind the reason, especially as it was the most watched series.

So glad I watch Strictly, no politics, interesting judges who give good critique. Can you imagine them being so vindictive in their celebration of the show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand what you are saying - I very much felt like that about the mash-up video this summer. However, I just haven't watched the show this series - and that seems to have given me enough distance to really not care any more. The XF has turned its back on him plus Steve, Shayne and Leon. I really feel for Shayne, he always seems bewildered by their attitude to him - he sold a lot of records in his time and hasn't done (or has been perceived to have done) anything to warrant this. But I suspect that Matt really doesn't care - he is quite a pragmatic individual and just focusses on moving forward, rather than wasting time worrying about the rights and wrongs of things over which he has no control.

I agree. I haven't watched the XF since Matt's year and never will again. Personally Im delighted that all links to this show have been severed. I don't think we should care too much about all the people who voted for Matt at that time as all but a handful have abandoned him anyway! Such is the nature of the show.

Very interested to hear this new song:)
    Forum Member
    Reminder to tune in to Paul O'Grady on ITV1 today at 5:00 (i.e. now) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LY 103 on itunes:)
    Forum Member
    LY 103 on itunes:)

#97 now. :)
    Forum Member
    MinkyBea wrote: »
    New pad - at last!! Just to say was lucky enough to be offered a last minute ticket to Paul O Grady recording on Wednesday & was delighted to find it wasn't just Matt & Mel, but the whole band who were on. They actually did two takes of the song as well - so we got a double whammy :D:D

It was great fun to see what goes on behind the scenes & of course get the unexpected bonus of seeing the band too. I'm not sure if it will show on camera or not, but when they were being interviewed Matt tucked one leg up on the cushions of the sofa - as he often does - and his other leg was left dangling & fidgety, bless!

It was Lorenzo's birthday & so the boys from the band (minus Matt) all went out for lunch afterwards and by another stroke of fate we ran into them on our way to the station. We had a lovely little chat, and Paul revealed he has played on something called The End in the studio with Matt. He agreed he thought it was as yet unfinished - but interesting nonetheless that it seems it is progressing :D:D

Anyway, I shall leave you good people to enjoy P O'G this evening -which I'm having to record because I won't be in for it!

You lucky thing getting tickets and being able to go at short notice!

He was a right fidget getting his legs sorted! But what a great interview, helped by the fact that Paul and Mel know each other due to the Liverpool background. Love P O'G calling JA "Arthur James" and being quite dismissive of him - and Mel saying she felt a bit sorry for him, as he was making too many enemies at such an early stage in his career.
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kgNCASffiY&feature=youtu.be

His legs are too short to reach the floor, it's just too cute.
  • eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »

I know, bless, must have been about 6" from the ground. I could hardly keep my eyes off his feet after MinkyB mentioned them :D Loved Mels impression of Matt.
    Right at the end of the interview she said exactly what I was thinking, Matt didn't half have a sweat on. Must of been hot in there :eek:
    Forum Member
    Linseyap wrote: »

Just watched it again - it is one of the best interviews they've done and whatever the truth about the relationship, they clearly are good friends at the very least, and it's lovely to see.