Lady Gaga/R Kelly Do What U Want video preview leak

2»

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its rather bizarre though that this video was even filmed. Why did no one at her label step in? losing her manager last year was the worst thing that ever happened to her. Sounds like he got out just in time... I mean sexual assault while under anaesthetic who really thought that was a good idea for a pop video?! its so offensive that its inconceivable this was even thought up as being worthy of such a video.

Gaga needs to hope the whole thing doesn't leak.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Its rather bizarre though that this video was even filmed. Why did no one at her label step in? losing her manager last year was the worst thing that ever happened to her. Sounds like he got out just in time... I mean sexual assault while under anaesthetic who really thought that was a good idea for a pop video?! its so offensive that its inconceivable this was even thought up as being worthy of such a video.

Gaga needs to hope the whole thing doesn't leak.

Exactly, why go through filming the video to then only realise it was not suitable after editing it together ? Its very odd.

And the whole video has leaked TMZ have it, and its annoying me they can't just show us the whole thing instead of 33 seconds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who really thought that was a good idea for a pop video?! its so offensive that its inconceivable this was even thought up as being worthy of such a video.

Probably Gaga herself in the name of "art". Her fans would no doubt call it the second coming and ironic art or some such pretentious nonsense.

I'm still quite shocked over the vomiting incident where there were children no older than 13 and 14 posting pictures of themselves throwing up as "art for Gaga" and her not saying anything about it. That was all because of her actions.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artpop has pretty much failed as an 'era'. She should should let it go and come back in a couple of years with an album that isn't generic club music.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    What is it with people wanting to write people off in music?

You go on these forums and all you hear is so and so will "never be as big again" etc. Whether you like her or not, Lady Gaga is a song writer and all it takes is for her to write a monster of a song again, which I am sure she is more than capable of doing.

This video is so cheap and desperate, but it doesn't mean she'll never climb back up in the future.

GaGa is writing herself off with this self-sabotage.
    I do hope she has that "monster" of a song in her that will restore her at the pop summit again.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should really hope that video never leaks because it could finish her off. I say that as a fan.

I consider myself a fan of her voice. I cannot fault her acoustic performances because they are always beautiful. But this whole era has went from one cheap wig to another. Where's the substance? There is none and she is literally defaming herself.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect its too late for Gaga now. I also think the entire vid will leak sometime.
    She's very lucky it was pulled. Sorry but she WAS culpable in this mess as the idea would've come from.the Haus of Gaga & she must've approved the vid idea at some point. Not only that- it was also FILMED meaning that no one questioned the concept up to that point. Her director & co-star, with their historical attitudes towards women wouldn't have questioned the concept.
    There was a lack of foresight there.
    Also- I just feel that among young people she just isn't seen as cool anymore. She doesn't feature on many radio station anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should really hope that video never leaks because it could finish her off. I say that as a fan.

I consider myself a fan of her voice. I cannot fault her acoustic performances because they are always beautiful. But this whole era has went from one cheap wig to another. Where's the substance? There is none and she is literally defaming herself.
    "ARTPOP" eh?? This is why I've never liked her. Massively egotistical with no substance to back it up. I could tolerate ego with real talent, but she simply puts out bog standard pop songs with outrageously pretentious pronouncements & its v offputting.
    "Reverse Warholian" my arse!
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    "ARTPOP" eh?? This is why I've never liked her. Massively egotistical with no substance to back it up. I could tolerate ego with real talent, but she simply puts out bog standard pop songs with outrageously pretentious pronouncements & its v offputting.
    "Reverse Warholian" my arse!

She needs to start doing more Jazz themed concepts. She has one of the most beautiful jazz voices I've ever heard.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I was hoping the comments to that video were overreactions but they were not, it was disgusting. I personally did not know of this director until a couple of weeks ago when I read several articles (all negative) about his practices to his shoots.. Until this thread I didn't know he had worked with Gaga, she better hope the full version doesn't get released as it looks like pure trash.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    She needs to start doing more Jazz themed concepts. She has one of the most beautiful jazz voices I've ever heard.

That's what I've been thinking. She's one of the few popstars out there who could easily pull off jazz music. What happened to that jazz album she was supposed to be doing with Tony Bennett? I also think she needs to do more songs featuring just her and the piano and no gimmicks or pretentiousness. She can sing, so why doesn't she make use of her talent?
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    so the full thing never got out there ? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    so the full thing never got out there ? :(

No need for a sad face. The full vid would've trashed her reputation. Thankfully partially releasing it has taken the sting out of the tail.
  • Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would her management allow the release of a clip and not the whole video then? If it was never supposed to come out to protect her reputation they surely would have kept the whole thing under wraps, wouldn't they? :confused: