So You Think You Can Dance, season 4 - who's watching? (Spoilers!)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watching? What do you think so far?

My favourite couples are Kherrington and Twitch, Katee and Joshua and Matt and Kourtni. I've really warmed to Chelsie and Mark this last couple of weeks, too.

Comments

• kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am :)

My favourites are Twitch, Josh, Mark and Chelsie.

Like Katee dancing but I haven't really warm to the girls that much yet I think the guys are doing better.

I think Gev and Courtney might grow on me I liked their contemporary in top 18 (kind of remind me on Danny & Anya contemporary last year) and their rumba this week was good but not great

My fav dances so far

Katee & Josh - Hip Hop - No air
    Twitch and Kherington - Viennesse Waltz - a new day has come
    Mark & Chelsie - Hip Hop - bleeding love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I am :)

My favourites are Twitch, Josh, Mark and Chelsie.

Like Katee dancing but I haven't really warm to the girls that much yet I think the guys are doing better.

I think Gev and Courtney might grow on me I liked their contemporary in top 18 (kind of remind me on Danny & Anya contemporary last year) and their rumba this week was good but not great

My fav dances so far

Katee & Josh - Hip Hop - No air
    Twitch and Kherington - Viennesse Waltz - a new day has come
    Mark & Chelsie - Hip Hop - bleeding love

Those are my favourite routines too :) I think I liked K&J's broadway a bit more than their hip hop though.

Looking forward to seeing who gets what dance this week :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah

I love SYTYCD... Its good this year but i havn't picked my favourites yet...
    I also loved the No Air Routine...
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you all in US or is there a way of watching the show in the UK?

I think SYTYCD is just about THE best dance series ever, the talent generally is phenomenal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Are you all in US or is there a way of watching the show in the UK?

I think SYTYCD is just about THE best dance series ever, the talent generally is phenomenal.

I'm in ireland... I watch it on youtube... most of the users that show it try to hide it cos it can get their account suspended soooo....

I agree... it is the best Dance series... loads of veriety of dances and styles... love it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK thank you, will try delving. Have seen clips of the old series, but then got the best parts on dvd anyway, but it would be nice to see new series as it happens. Shame they don't show it in UK almost straightaway like they do DWTS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    OK thank you, will try delving. Have seen clips of the old series, but then got the best parts on dvd anyway, but it would be nice to see new series as it happens. Shame they don't show it in UK almost straightaway like they do DWTS.

Yeah... It's anoying being a year behind...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maviaminx wrote: »
    Yeah... It's anoying being a year behind...

Better than not seeing it at all though, isn't it.
  • maltipommaltipom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I'm watching too!

I like Mark the best and Chelsie Hightower is pretty good as well, I thought the 'Tim Burton wedding' was really clever.

It's a shame that Wade isn't going to be doing much this season as I think Mark is perfectly suited to his style. Although this week's group dance by Mia was brilliant and after pulling a 'Danny' on him by saying he wasn't as good as she thought he was, she put him front and centre in it. Just as she did with Danny in the Imogen Heap number last season!

I also like Will, his audition was stunning but he hasn't really stood out in the couples dances, so far.

I don't think any of the dancers are bad but Comfort seems very limited. Although again I thought she was good in Mia's group dance.

kaycee - have you looked into bit torrents?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I hadn't heard of bit torrents, but just had a quick look and have bookmarked it to take a better look later, probably this evening, when I've more time.

But thank you for mentioning it - I'm still relatively new to the internet, and it is lovely when people like yourself 'steer in the right direction'....... Much appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilers for this week's show have been leaked!
    Two dances each :eek: Bit early for that, usually we don't get two dances until top 10!

Mark and Chelsie did a Mandy Moore jazz piece and a foxtrot.

Kherrington and Twitch danced a Mia Michaels contemporary (with a bed as a prop) and the paso doble.

Joshua and Katee did West Coast Swing, choreographed by Benji, and a Mia Michaels contemporary.

Kortni and Matt did a Cicily and Olisa hip-hop routine and an Alex da Silva mambo.

Courtney and Gev did a Cicily and Olisa hip-hop and Broadway.

Will and Jessica did the jive and a Mandy Moore lyrical jazz.

Comfort and Thayne did Broadway and smooth waltz.

Both Broadway routines were done by a new choreographer - Andy Blankenbuehler.
    Forum Member
    If you can't be bothered with bit torrent then you can see full episodes here

Although these are mostly YT quality, they are the full shows not just clips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maltipom wrote: »

Thank you, what a lovely helpful lot, DS posters are!
    Forum Member
    You're welcome. STC is a great site for watching a huge number of tv shows from around the world. Basically the site collates all the clips from different sites like YT and puts them on one easy to navigate site. Occasionally, you won't be able to watch a clip because you're not in the USA or wherever, but if you look to the right of the page, there are usually alternate sites that you can try. Of course it all depends on some kind people uploading them in the first place.

The site does work better with Mozilla Firefox rather than Internet Explorer, though.
  • flashgirlflashgirl Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally found where you lot are! Have been looking for a thread on this for ages.

Loving this season. Am still in the mode of liking pairs at the mo - Chelsie & Mark and Joshua and Katee are my faves, with the two guys just pipping the two girls in talent I think. (Love Twitch too but more for his personality)
    Forum Member
    Apart from Mark I don't feel there are as many 'stand outs' as last year. The show is not as exciting as the last two, for me. Not that they aren't all good dancers, there just seems to be some 'pizazz' missing, somehow. Maybe it's the choreography, I dunno?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from Mark I don't feel there are as many 'stand outs' as last year. The show is not as exciting as the last two, for me. Not that they aren't all good dancers, there just seems to be some 'pizazz' missing, somehow. Maybe it's the choreography, I dunno?

For me, it never really kicks in until top 10. It's sort of tentative alliances until then :D Then, everyone seems to kick it up a notch. Maybe it's 'cause the top 10 go on tour so the first 'level' of the competition, if you will, is over? I don't know.

I agree with you on Mark, he's my favourite now :)

Was disappointed by this week's result :(

I want Jessica, and then Courtney G. to go next, I don't think she's (they're) as good as the others (for me). I don't really know who I want to go of the boys. It is a bit strange that they are still (mostly) being kicked off in couples - there has only been one new couple formed and we are up to top 12 now. Usually there's new pairings being made from top 16 on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link Maltipom! I have cancelled my subscription to Sky so I won't be able to watch SYTYCD when it shows on Living TV next so this is absolutely brilliant.
    Can you watch "Dancing with the Stars" on this as well?

xx
    Forum Member
    stfrench wrote: »
    Can you watch "Dancing with the Stars" on this as well?
    xx

There doesn't seem to be many DWTS shows uploaded yet, but someone may upload the next series. There are lots of shows on the site if you go to the home page http://www.surfthechannel.com/
    scroll down to 'click for all television' it will take you to an alphabetical list of shows available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, random post......thought somebody on this thread may know the answer to this question.
    Anybody know what Wade Robson is up to these days? haven't heard anything since 'The WR Project' days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigtoe wrote: »
    Hi, random post......thought somebody on this thread may know the answer to this question.
    Anybody know what Wade Robson is up to these days? haven't heard anything since 'The WR Project' days.

Wade choreographed the top 20 group dance. I don't know if he will do any more this season or not.
    Forum Member
    I think I read that he's choreographing the new 'Cirque' production that's due out later this year, so it's possible that that doesn't leave him much time for other things at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pasha and Anya are choreographing a piece this week :)

Spoilers:
    Mark and Chelsie - Salsa
    Mark and Chelsie - Broadway
    Thayne and Comfort - Hip Hop
    Thayne and Comfort - Contemporary
    Will and Jessica - Contemporary
    Will and Jessica - Quickstep
    Gev and Courtney - Cha Cha
    Gev and Courtney - Jazz
    Kherington and Twitch - Krump
    Kherington and Twitch - Tango
    Joshua and Katee - Viennese Waltz
    Joshua and Katee - Bollywood (!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the Wade update!!
    Forum Member
    Thoughts for this week. Loved the Bollywood piece and I don't think any of the other couples could have done it as well as Katee & Josh did. And the music was authentic ... take note SCD!

I also liked both of Mark & Chelsie's pieces and Gev & Courtney in the jazz. I'm sure that the 'Adam & Eve' dance was admirable and I should really love it .... but ... I didn't ... so I ff'd through some of it, I'm afraid. :o

Nigel was perving big time, Mary seemed to have turned the volume down a little but has a few more decibels to go yet and Mia should be seen and not heard as far as I'm concerned, interesting choreographer but what a bitch!

Haven't seen the results show yet even though I know the result, but I read that they turned the lights out for the group dance....erm .... what? :confused: