Underworld films

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else looking forward to Underworld 3? I disliked 2 but this one looks pretty good:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3494969369/

Comments

• revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought 2 was epic, much better than the first. 3 looks ok but I'm gutted Kate's not in it :(
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to RotL, pity about the continuity error with Sonja, the flashbacks in Underworld had her as a petite blonde, Rhona Mitra is obviously just an ogle stand in for Kate.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Sheen looks really out of place in the new one, with his top off too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll need less CGI blurryness and more story for me. I lost interest in 2 because the CGi'd fights just became relentless.
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhona Mitra is in this? WOOO. Count me in then. Rhona is more of a woman than Kate will ever be. Nicer face, more filled out in figure and a nice bum as well. Kate is nice in her own way, but she is a tad overrated. Where as Rhona is severely underrated.

Can't wait now hehe now that I know Rhona is going to be in this.

I wish though that the bastards would make it a sequel to the second one, not a prequel. I dont care that Kate would be in it then, Kate isn't the problem. My only problem with the Underworld series and the way it is going is the fact they seem to be choosing to make a prequel and not a sequel. It should be the other way round. I still find that regardless of which direction the next one is going in, that Rhona is the better of the two IMO.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    I thought 2 was epic, much better than the first. 3 looks ok but I'm gutted Kate's not in it :(

Agreed. Love the first two (the second more so) but the third doesn't appeal to me as Selene isn't in it. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard a variety of people complain about "Kraven" in the first one, saying he can't act at all. I didn't mind him.

Scott Speedman does however, in my opinion, need acting lessons!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the first two forgettable. In fact all I can really remember is that they had two many gun fights. At times it seemed more like a generic gangster movie than something involving vampires and werewolves.
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I found the first two forgettable. In fact all I can really remember is that they had two many gun fights. At times it seemed more like a generic gangster movie than something involving vampires and werewolves.

You won't have to worry about that in this one (unless crossbows count).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have preffered a proper sequel to see where they went with the whole mongrel thing rather than a prequel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Not too fussed by this new one. Not gonna rush out and see it. Prob wait for the dvd. I enjoyed the first two though.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans is very entertaining.

I thought Bill Nighy was superb.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying Rise of the Lycans. Didn't think I would but gave it a go and glad I did, especially after I saw that a lot of reviewers panned the first two films (which I hadn't seen). Just goes to show - ignore what others say, judge for yourself.

So, after seeing RotL I just had to go out and buy the DVDs of the first two - most pleased I did this as they were also very enjoyable, although I think that RotL is slightly better overall (but I did miss Kate's leather clad body and arse). :D
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like 2 either.
    But I will give it a go.
  • Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might give it a whirl on DVD at some point, but without the lovely Kate flouncing around in her distractingly tight leathers, it seems a tad pointless. Especially as we know what happens...
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter, honestly. As it's set in the past it feels more 'gritty' and visceral. The werewolves/Lycans look a lot better and it also benefits from a different director. You also see a lot more of Viktor.

I urge you to at least try it - it's out on DVD in May I think.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might give it a whirl on DVD at some point, but without the lovely Kate flouncing around in her distractingly tight leathers, it seems a tad pointless. Especially as we know what happens...

Well, the female and male lead strip off... for what is possibly the funniest sex scene ever captured on film! Everyone else in the movie theatre was watching in rapt attention, but I couldn't stop laughing. :D Thought I was gonna wet myself.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    I surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying Rise of the Lycans. Didn't think I would but gave it a go and glad I did, especially after I saw that a lot of reviewers panned the first two films (which I hadn't seen). Just goes to show - ignore what others say, judge for yourself.

So, after seeing RotL I just had to go out and buy the DVDs of the first two - most pleased I did this as they were also very enjoyable, although I think that RotL is slightly better overall (but I did miss Kate's leather clad body and arse). :D

Well said.

Trust your own judgement; I did & I enjoyed all 3 films.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Anyone else looking forward to Underworld 3? I disliked 2 but this one looks pretty good:

Awakening...out, 20th January 2012
    3D too...:eek:

Looking forward to this....hopefully better then....
    Rise of the Lycans.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ROTL was really good i felt,its a good trilogy,ill rewatch them in anticiption of number 4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen this yet?
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Anyone seen this yet?
    I was hoping this was going to be in 2D, not just 3D...:mad:

Will have to wait for the DVD.:(
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I was hoping this was going to be in 2D, not just 3D...:mad:

Will have to wait for the DVD.:(

Or better still, the 2D Blu-ray. :)
    Forum Member
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Or better still, the 2D Blu-ray. :)
    ...with bells on.;)

I'm finally going HD next month....so it will be a Blu-ray.:cool:
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been fan of the Underworld films personally. The first film was OK from a design point of view but that's about it.

Oh and I think Kate Beckinsale is hot :p