Options

Once Upon a Time - Season 5 (spoilers) [US pace]

Comments

• Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LNS wrote: »
    Liam Garrigan looks vaguely familiar to me, but I don't think I've ever actually watched anything he's been in. Hope he's good.

Dark Emma is beyond exciting. Love that inner Darkness is expressed by thigh-high leather stiletto boots :D:D:D Do I seriously have to wait until September? :(:p
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Rumple's back-story with his mum and Malcolm ....... I get a feeling his mother's story will be sad.

I've always wondered if he ended up with that name because Malcolm was drunk and lost a bet, hence his son ending up with a name of neither parents' choosing, but one bestowed by the winner of the bet as a joke..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Rumple's back-story with his mum and Malcolm ....... I get a feeling his mother's story will be sad.
    Pretty safe bet as we know she ended up having a child with a selfish, drunk conman and then dying. ;-) But yeah I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it too. :)
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Dark Emma is beyond exciting. Love that inner Darkness is expressed by thigh-high leather stiletto boots :D:D:D Do I seriously have to wait until September? :(:p

Gotta love the Americans. Going dark? Got to be sexually represented with FM boots and laced up black leather :D

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Camelot and the Arthurian mythology though. I'll be keeping a close eye out and I bet they still won't get it as wrong as our dear friends over at Shine did :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Gotta love the Americans. Going dark? Got to be sexually represented with FM boots and laced up black leather :D
    And a very severe hair style. :D
    Looking forward to seeing what they do with Camelot and the Arthurian mythology though. I'll be keeping a close eye out and I bet they still won't get it as wrong as our dear friends over at Shine did :p
    Ha! I'm looking forward to it too, and yeah they'd have to go some way...
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEW Promo Posters (unveiled online and also for SDCC comic on this weekend)

Dark Swan poster outside SDCC Comic Con

First Look: Emma Goes Dark in Once Upon a Time Promo Poster
    http://www.tvinsider.com/article/24985/first-look-emma-goes-dark-in-once-upon-a-time-promo-poster/
    “Happily ever after” has never been further out of reach. When Once Upon a Time—ABC’s fantasy series about fairy-tale characters—unveils its marketing campaign for Season 5 at Comic-Con, viewers’ worst fear will be confirmed: Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), aka the Savior, is poised to become the show’s scariest baddie yet. “As formidable as Emma was as a hero, she’s going to be exponentially more dangerous as a villain,” promises executive producer Adam Horowitz. Fellow executive producer Edward Kitsis adds with a laugh, “I hope our fanbase reacts well—it seems like a large segment is very worried!”

And with good reason. The September 27 premiere, titled “The Dark Swan,” will pick up moments after last May’s finale left off, as Emma allowed the evil spirits that were released from Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) to enter her body and transform her into the new Dark One. “The first thing Emma wants to do is get the darkness out,” Kitsis says. “But will she be able to resist taking a bite of the forbidden apple?”

Uh, that’d be a no, meaning that Emma’s nearest and dearest—including her son Henry (Jared Gilmore), true love Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) and enemy-turned-ally Regina (Lana Parrilla)— will be tasked with finding the mysterious sorcerer Merlin, the only one capable of breaking the curse. Hint: The gang should set their GPS for the Camelot of Arthurian legend—and be prepared to encounter some of its famed residents along the way. (Think King Arthur, Princess Guinevere, Sir Lancelot and the Knights of the Round Table.) “We’re excited to put our twist on these classic characters,” Kitsis says. “We love the origin stories!”

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/24985/first-look-emma-goes-dark-in-once-upon-a-time-promo-poster/

Liam Garrigan looks vaguely familiar to me, but I don't think I've ever actually watched anything he's been in. Hope he's good.

I vaguley remember him in Land Girls series 2 i think (BBC 1 afternoon series few years back - he played a priest)

Very much looking forward to this.
    What and how this effects Emma, and overcoming this and also Emma & Hook's love, fighting for their love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First look at slightly sparkly Emma on screen. Videos from Comic Con, also introducing the newest Disney Princess
    Merida from Brave, to be played by Scottish actress Amy Manson.

Sparkly Emma:

Disney Princess:

There's also an ace "behind the scenes" clip from the Series 4 DVD which is on EW's Comic Con piece about OUAT here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First look at slightly sparkly Emma on screen. Videos from Comic Con, also introducing the newest Disney Princess
    Merida from Brave, to be played by Scottish actress Amy Manson.

Sparkly Emma:

Disney Princess:

There's also an ace "behind the scenes" clip from the Series 4 DVD which is on EW's Comic Con piece about OUAT here.
    Yay, I've been waiting for comic con news. :D Thank you!
    Will be interested to see what they do with Merida, I like her. Assume she will have to fit into Camelot somehow?

Also how is Emma in Rumple's cage?? :o:o Aaahhhh!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also found the official Dark Swan promo (no new footage here, but I think it's pretty exciting :D) and the Comic Con panel discussion. One thing I picked out of it is the creators said they are thinking of having the 100th episode be the spring première, which would mean that we only get 10 episodes in 5a and makes me wonder if they do intend to leave Emma dark for the entire season, because 10 episodes doesn't seem like much to resolve such a large plot point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, I've been waiting for comic con news. :D Thank you!
    Will be interested to see what they do with Merida, I like her. Assume she will have to fit into Camelot somehow?

Also how is Emma in Rumple's cage?? :o:o Aaahhhh!!
    There's rumours she may end up being Rumple's mother but I have no idea how true that is and I've heard another rumour the producers have denied Rumple's mother is in the show.
    One thing I picked out of it is the creators said they are thinking of having the 100th episode be the spring première, which would mean that we only get 10 episodes in 5a and makes me wonder if they do intend to leave Emma dark for the entire season, because 10 episodes doesn't seem like much to resolve such a large plot point.

That would make sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's rumours she may end up being Rumple's mother but I have no idea how true that is and I've heard another rumour the producers have denied Rumple's mother is in the show.
    That would be interesting but I'd feel bad for her, Merida is such a strong character I find it hard to believe she could end up with a jerk like Rumple's dad.
    That would make sense.
    I hope so. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be interesting but I'd feel bad for her, Merida is such a strong character I find it hard to believe she could end up with a jerk like Rumple's dad.
    I've read rumours that it's possible that Malcolm wasn't a jerk when they first met and something happened to turn him into one and set him off on the quest to become Pan.[
    However, I've also read that they've denied she's going to be in at as Rumple's mother full stop so who knows!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read rumours that it's possible that Malcolm wasn't a jerk when they first met and something happened to turn him into one and set him off on the quest to become Pan.
    However, I've also read that they've denied she's going to be in at as Rumple's mother full stop so who knows!
    Have to wait and see I guess. :D I wish it was September already. I may have to formulate a OUAT drinking game to help me pass the time... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've read rumours that it's possible that Malcolm wasn't a jerk when they first met and something happened to turn him into one and set him off on the quest to become Pan.[

Don't forget that Malcolm was a King of Scotland. He was the son of King Duncan, who was murderd by Lady Macbeth.

Maybe he was deposed, and things went bad for him as he lost hope.

Even though they are denying it, he casting call for Rumple's mum DID sound very like a description of Merida. The thought did cross my mind that they were not releasing the correct character name at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget that Malcolm was a King of Scotland. He was the son of King Duncan, who was murderd by Lady Macbeth.

Maybe he was deposed, and things went bad for him as he lost hope.

Even though they are denying it, he casting call for Rumple's mum DID sound very like a description of Merida. The thought did cross my mind that they were not releasing the correct character name at the time.

Indeed, they could use Malcolm Canmore as their source, that would be an interesting mix of history and Disney :)
    However, some how I doubt they'd do that and it will be just some bloke called Malcolm who becomes Rumple's dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed, they could use Malcolm Canmore as their source, that would be an interesting mix of history and Disney :)
    However, some how I doubt they'd do that and it will be just some bloke called Malcolm who becomes Rumple's dad.

Agreed - even a deposed king would probably not fall as far as Rumple's dad.... he'd retain SOME dignity.

Even so, some elements of Macbeth could be interesting though - the three witches are clearly seers as they foretell Macbeth's acquisition of the throne.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Merida as Rumple's mother would be genius!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumour update for Merida :D
    So wait, Merida is NOT Rumple’s mom on Once Upon a Time? — Trisha

Correct! The producers were hoping to keep the surprise of Merida joining the show intact by throwing fans off with fake casting sides. “The only way to throw the press off and our fans off of this being Merida was to say we’re casting Rumple’s mother,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “It honestly worked because for once, this was not spoiled.”

Fear not, EP Adam Horowitz says Rumple’s mother is a character they eventually want to introduce. As for Merida, “We’re going to meet her through Emma,” says Kitsis. Adds Horowitz: “It’s certainly a part of Emma’s journey as the Dark Swan and dealing with her darkness. All that is tied with how we explore the world of Camelot this year.”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour update for Merida :D
    Oh good, I'm pleased about that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh good, I'm pleased about that. :)

Hmm. It feeds into my theory of Rumple having a connection to Camelot ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. It feeds into my theory of Rumple having a connection to Camelot ....
    Well Rumple seems to have a connection to just about everything ;) so I expect he does to Camelot as well. But I'm curious how
    Merida not being Rumple's mother feeds into that for your theory. Do you mind sharing it? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Rumple seems to have a connection to just about everything ;) so I expect he does to Camelot as well. But I'm curious how
    Merida not being Rumple's mother feeds into that for your theory. Do you mind sharing it? :)

If Merida is connected to the Camelot arc, the implication is that there is a provice somewhere within the realm of Camelot where Scottish accents are prevalent.

Rumple could be from the same place, even if not actually related / connected to Merida.

I see that we have been promised Rumple's mum at some time in the future though - probably as a flashback.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah! So excited!! :D
    Although I have to say I'm slightly concerned by the "she's not in this world" line. The Dark One doesn't just have the power to travel between worlds so there better be a good explanation for that-I hope they're not going to start contradicting a bunch of established rules just to create extra drama/conflict for Emma being the Dark One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gah! So excited!! :D
    Although I have to say I'm slightly concerned by the "she's not in this world" line. The Dark One doesn't just have the power to travel between worlds so there better be a good explanation for that-I hope they're not going to start contradicting a bunch of established rules just to create extra drama/conflict for Emma being the Dark One.

Loved
    Regina's "guyliner" comment :D

Re the other,
    it's possible she's in the Enchanted Forest as that would, while connected, be "another world" and the Dark One's origin is from there so as it was the source of all evul itself which had been banished from Rumple, it's possible it took Emma back to the Enchanted Forest to recoup.