Your All Time Ranking of Contestants 2012 [Results Thread]

Comments

• Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    05 [06] = Rebecca Ferguson (Series 8) = 5258pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-09-06-05)
    Ranking Performance (+1.56%)

As with last year, Rebecca manages to take a climb up the rankings and this time into the top 5 for the first time
    She retains being the highest ranked female of Series 7, the highest ranked 16-27 Female overall and also being the Highest Ranked Act from Series 7. This is the first time though that Rebecca is the top ranked Cheryl Cole Act; which usually goes to Alexandra . Rebecca was a big DS favourite and was often seen as to be overlooked by her mentor. However despite any criticisms, Rebecca made the final 2 and in the end was runner up to Matt. Her last performance of Sweet Dreams was fantastic and had she been given songs like this earlier on she may have gained more momentum to win during the course of the shows – however I think with her success with her album post show it is probably best she didn’t win

Highest Ranked Cheryl Cole Act
    Highest Ranked Act from Series 7
    Highest Ranked 16-27 Female (Overall)
    Highest Ranked 16-27 Female of Series 7
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Was expecting Stacey at 5th, but just happy it wasn't LM :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    04 [03] = Stacey Soloman (Series 6) = 5367pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-07-06-03-04)
    Ranking Performance (-0.53%)

Falling for the first time since she enterred the rankings is Stacey who still manages to retain her top 5 position and also be the Highest Ranked Act of Series 6. Since last year she has become much more of a TV personality what with her win on IAC and TV presenting. However she released her first single last year a cover of Driving Home for Christmas which debuted in the top 40. Stacey came 3rd in the sixth series of the X Factor and was beaten by Olly and Joe to the final 2. Stacey had an endearing personality, however often looked a bit awkward on stage – she did however deliver some fantastic performances and deserved her place in the top 3, it’s a shame she didn’t manage to last the whole distance – however she did manage to win I’m a Celeb. Stacey's ranking comes through consistency of votes; she featured in alot of voters top 10's and was given hardly any low rankings.

Highest Ranked Series 6 Act
    Highest Ranked 16-24 of Series 6
  • Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to my all time favourite, Rebecca. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the top 3 are....

Ruth.... Leona.... and Little Mix

The Act finishing in 3rd place this year is....

(Dramatic Pause)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nervous for LM :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    03 [01] = Leona Lewis (Series 3) = 5426pts
    Ranking History (02-03-01-02-01-01-03)
    Ranking Performance (-1.63%)

After 2 consecutive years topping the rankings, Leona takes a 2 place fall to her joint lowest position to date. However off course is still top 3 by a far way and just 17 points short of 3rd place. Unlike last year, this year Leona wasn't topping everyone's votes; she managed to score a whole load of top placings and high rankings, however in some voters rankings she was midtable or somewhere near the bottom. She released her third album this year which although went top 3 hasn't been the all conquering album which many had hoped it would be. Her last single hasn't even sold 1000 copies and it feels as though her management really need to pull their finger out and actually promote her properly. She does however remain popular on DS and Leona is probably the act that has helped to make the X Factor such a big success story more than any other after the worldwide success with Bleeding Love and then her subsequent hit with Run. A lot of people say she is no longer current, however I think really its down to the songs released and the promo given and to be honest neither of these things have been great going into the 3rd album.

Highest Ranked 16-24 Female (Overall)
    Highest Ranked Series 3 Act
    Highest Ranked Simon Cowell Act
    Highest Ranked 16-24 of Series 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which means we have a brand new act topping the rankings...

Either Ruth or Little Mix will reign supreme this year....

Little Mix debuted at 8 Last Year, whilst Ruth has been runnerup on two separate occasions; last year and back in 2008.

Which Act will win - find out later
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh, there's a turn-up for the books! Come on Little Mix!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, Leona's never not been in top 3!
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I would rather Little Mix win over Ruth, pretty shocked Leona finishes below both of them though!

Honestly for the love god I cannot understand DS's OBSESSION with Ruth!!!!! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Ruth's going to take the crown though, after a quick glance of the voting thread :(
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really happy with the top 5, all of them were in my top 10 apart from Stacey who I had in my top 20 :D Kinda shocked by this final 2 but happy as well as I had them both in my top 10, really hope Ruth can win this now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to say that at one stage or another every one of he top 3 were top of the rankings and the winner has changed several times across the voting :)
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth must win against Little Mix. :eek:
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Ruth must win against Little Mix. :eek:
    This, Ruth is fabulous. It's a travesty how Little Mix get so many points when they are probably the worst girlband to ever grace any show. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished writing the commentry - so final results will be posted at 5 :)

Sees You Then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get Ruth's appeal, but I think she'll win
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really can't follow this thread ... :|Wish I could coz alot of work had gone into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Really can't follow this thread ... :|Wish I could coz alot of work had gone into it.

Forum members were asked to rank the acts on the XF from 1-114 (as they've been 114 acts) in the voting thread.

I've compiled all the rankings and this is the results. Its been going every year for 6 years now - hence the ranking histories and yearly comparisons.

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW at Little Mix top 2. Love it, they were my number 1! :D Thought they deserved higher than 8 last year - guess the 2 fantastic singles and album helped a lot.

Ranked Ruth at 24, so I won't be too upset if she takes the crown. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Before I post the final 2 results and some other lists etc, just wanted to thank everyone who has voted, contributed, moaned and discussed this years rankings - hope everyone has enjoyed it and will continue to rank next year....

So in a couple of minutes either Ruth or Little Mix will reign supreme...

The Act finishing in 2nd place this year is...
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *drumroll*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oooh nervous, I think Little Mix will probs get second but fingers crossed for them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    02 [08] = Little Mix (Series 8) = 5443pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-X-08-02)
    Ranking Performance (+6.18%)

So Little Mix take a big climb up the rankings to become not only the highest ranked Group of Series 8, but also the highest ranked group overall this year. They also pip Kitty to the post to become Series 8's highest ranked act and for a second year running they are Tulisa's top ranked act. Little Mix had a lot of hype surrounding them and entering the lives were rank outsiders with odds for them to win around 100/1. However over the weeks the built up momentum and put in some good performances along the way and became the first group to win the show managing to beat Marcus and Amelia in the final vote. As with James winning having been bottom 2 it was good to see a group finally win the show and the curse of the girl groups finally being broken. Since winning the show Little Mix have bagged 2 number 1 singles and a top 5 album and are looking to release their 4th single next year. They have become the most commercial winners of the show since Alexandra and are making waves in Australia and other countries as well.

Highest Ranked Winner (Overall)
    Highest Ranked Group (Overall)
    Highest Ranked Tulisa Act
    Highest Ranked Group of Series 8
    Highest Ranked Act of Series 8