The Official ITV Ice Dancing Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are recycling costumes from SCD. I recall Hanna Harala (during the professional showdance) wearing an almost identical outfit as Kelly but with a black wrap on top of her silver bra
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmc 42 wrote:
    'Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better'

Isn't that ITV1's motto?

On the evidence of the last 90 mins, probably not in this case!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that ITV1's motto?

Not as far as I'm aware
    On the evidence of the last 90 mins, probably not in this case!

:D This is the first thing I've watched on ITV for ages.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it way more than SCD, purely because I find ice skating a million times more exciting to watch than regular dancing.

Good show all in all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Am sure the presentation will improve over the weeks. I think you can feel the contestants nervousness, and watching ten couples skating in a row can be drawn out (watch the compulsory dances at the Euro Champs next week and you will learn what drawn out can be... 20 couples doing the same dance!).

Generally, I am just happy to see skating on telly!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    They even had a judge from Strictly Dance Fever on it (the bloke with the wafer-thin thatch).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Well I love watching ice skating and this has been very enjoyable. I personally think that Sean Wilson from Corrie was one of the best.

As has already been mentioned the girls seem to do the least skating and spend more time in the air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobblekat wrote:
    Am sure the presentation will improve over the weeks. I think you can feel the contestants nervousness, and watching ten couples skating in a row can be drawn out
    That's the only thing I'm counting on, the fact that they will get a lot better. I'm looking forward to that
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is okay so far but it lacks the class and slick presentation of SCD. Also, part of the interest of SCD is seeing the different dance styles. 10 weeks or so of just different combinations of the same steps may get very repetative here - maybe they should theme the weeks or something to give it some more distinct variety.

John Barrowman was excellent though and I'll keep watching as long as he's in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    3 minutes on and "double gold medalist" mentioned about 3 times...

No to mention Dame. Chris and Jayne must wonder why they are not Sir Chris and Dame Jayne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked BARB, and Strictly Ice Dancing pulled 7.24m on 26/12/04, a good audience but lower than the regular show. It may give us an indication of what tonight's audience will have been. Having said that, BBC1's line up was weak tonight. I can see it having got 9m, but wonder if it will hold on to that audience.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Really fed up, I was loving this as I was an ice dancer/skater many moons ago and then we suffered our second power cut this evening just as Bonnie Langford finished.

It's much harder for the amateur men tbh and will never be a fair competition because of that.

Anyone got the scores?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Just checked BARB, and Strictly Ice Dancing pulled 7.24m on 26/12/04, a good audience but lower than the regular show. It may give us an indication of what tonight's audience will have been. Having said that, BBC1's line up was weak tonight. I can see it having got 9m, but wonder if it will hold on to that audience.

I think 9 million is a bit of an over-estimation. Shows rarely ever debut at that level. Even when fully established HUGE shows like X Factor and SCD had to grow to that sort of figure.

I don't think that just because nothing else is on that people will by default watch something crap like Dancing On Ice.

I'd guess that it would have got about 5 - 6million tonight. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eclipse80 wrote:
    IS the judge in the middle from queer eye for the straight guy UK?

Yes he is and he really knows his stuff when it comes to movement. I wasn't expecting to see him on a show about ice dancing though, they're very different sports in many ways
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty impressed by John Barrowman ! :D And he looks like such a nice guy too !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he is and he really knows his stuff when it comes to movement. I wasn't expecting to see him on a show about ice dancing though, they're very different sports in many ways
    He said he's a dancer, but what was he doing on Queer Eye then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How blatant a rip-off is this programme? Surprised Philip doesn't do a Brucie impression whilst he's at it...

Surely the BBC should be getting their lawyers lined up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    anyone noticed that Philip had the results in his hand before the lines had closed? How blatent was that?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pathetic, moronic programme.
    Forum Member
    Pandora33 wrote:
    anyone noticed that Philip had the results in his hand before the lines had closed? How blatent was that?

blatant yes, but anyone believing they actually close the lines when the presenter says they do probably also believes in Father Christmas.... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Pandora33 wrote:
    maybe the results are being sent to his ear piece?
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think Gaynor deserves to be in the bottom 2...Tamara maybe does, although she's probably there cause people don't like her much as a person!
    Forum Member
    As it is the judges decision Tamara will go, as Gaynor is a much better skater already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    bobblekat wrote:
    As it is the judges decision Tamara will go, as Gaynor is a much better skater already.
    agree with you