The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
Continuation of: The One Direction Appreciation Thread (8)
abrightyz wrote: »
niam enjoy new york knicks game

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thread 9!! vas hapnin, thread??!! :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

a-ha!! they left out the link... the gallery is must-see for the captions :kitty: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-directions-niall-horan-liam-2900700
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, new thread!! Brilliant :D
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh part 9! :D

Can anyone tell me how long SNL goes on for and what time it starts in the UK?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh part 9! :D

Can anyone tell me how long SNL goes on for and what time it starts in the UK?

It starts at 11:30pm Eastern (4:30am UK Time:o:D) I think it lasts an hour.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the twitter thing about Harry being rude is most likely made up or over analysed by fans. Even if he was rude, we are all have our off days. On the whole, Harry is the most accomadating of all the guys when it comes to stopping and taking pictures, so the fans should be grateful for that.

I don't think I could take the pressure of being constantly hassled the way they all do. I also think fans put insane demands on them. I mean far enough if they are at a premiere, I can see why they should stop, but when they are in their own private time, they have every right to say no sometimes and the fans should respect that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like everyone's asleep so they can watch SNL later? ;-) :D
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope SOML manages to get to #1 this weekend. I'm liking their more mature sound. I think what a lot of people on the main forum don't realise is that their popularity stretches way beyond teenage girls.

Also don't forget to vote for your favourite XF singles (1D or otherwise) in this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1917741 :)
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    I hope SOML manages to get to #1 this weekend. I'm liking their more mature sound. I think what a lot of people on the main forum don't realise is that their popularity stretches way beyond teenage girls.

Also don't forget to vote for your favourite XF singles (1D or otherwise) in this thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1917741 :)

I think people do realise that they're quite popular with the general public. Why else would about 350k people in the UK decide to buy their album in 2 weeks?! These are not all teenage girls ;)

Some people are just too lazy/dumb/prejudiced (whatever...) to let go of their pre-conceived opinions. But that's not just a problem in the DS forums :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too! :) Yeah, they seem to think all their fans are under the age of 12. Which is obviously not true.

I've already done it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    I think people do realise that they're quite popular with the general public. Why else would about 350k people in the UK decide to buy their album in 2 weeks?! These are not all teenage girls ;)

Some people are just too lazy/dumb/prejudiced (whatever...) to let go of their pre-conceived opinions. But that's not just a problem in the DS forums :)

This. You phrased it much better than me :) How much do you reckon they'll manage this week? 140k?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! :) Yeah, they seem to think all their fans are under the age of 12. Which is obviously not true.

I've already done it. :D

Thanks :) I think 1D are a bit underrepresented on the scores at the moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah they are, a few votes for WMYB though. :)

I was quite suprised at the amount of Diana Vickers mentions!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1D are always underrepresented on DS, aren't they? ;-)
    But I went and cast my vote as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we even have a link to watch SNL "live"?
    Because I'm reading about people staying up or waking up early... Considering the time difference, it's really not convenient.

I have just had a great day and hope everyone is feeling as wonderful as I am :). I am wondering if I should go check out the news on twitter, some annoying über-demanding fan could always get me off my cloud of peace and happiness...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Do we even have a link to watch SNL "live"?
    Because I'm reading about people staying up or waking up early... Considering the time difference, it's really not convenient.

I have just had a great day and hope everyone is feeling as wonderful as I am :). I am wondering if I should go check out the news on twitter, some annoying über-demanding fan could always get me off my cloud of peace and happiness...

there's always some links for livestreams on twitter near the time... that's what i usually do *if i'm awake* look for links and try if they work :blush::p
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow nice shiny bright new thread! I see no nods to the boys in the Grammies. Am I being too optimistic, well Taylor, Bruno, Daft Punk and Ed are there so why not?

Don't think I will manage to stay up tonight or go to bed early to wake up but will be something to look forward to when I wake up tomorrow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Wow nice shiny bright new thread! I see no nods to the boys in the Grammies. Am I being too optimistic, well Taylor, Bruno, Daft Punk and Ed are there so why not?

I don't think the boys will get a nod for TMH.

There seems to be very little pop in those nominations, so pop "for kids", I don't see it... None of the kids/teens oriented pop got nominated apart from Taylor Swift (her target is supposed to be teenage girls, isn't it?) who somehow always gets nominations everywhere. I don't hate her, but I don't see what's so amazing about her music that she keeps on being nominated and wins everywhere.

I'd love to be wrong though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the boys will get a nod for TMH.

There seems to be very little pop in those nominations, so pop "for kids", I don't see it... None of the kids/teens oriented pop got nominated apart from Taylor Swift (her target is supposed to be teenage girls, isn't it?) who somehow always gets nominations everywhere. I don't hate her, but I don't see what's so amazing about her music that she keeps on being nominated and wins everywhere.

I'd love to be wrong though.

might have something to do with her starting out as a country singer... that genre is quite big over there... though i don't see myself what the fuss is all about except the guessing who she's writing about for which song :blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't think I will manage to stay up tonight or go to bed early to wake up but will be something to look forward to when I wake up tomorrow

at least that's something to look forward to in the am ;-) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hendall tide is on its way (along with the numerous "it's just a PR stunt" allegations).

I have no idea what it is, but here is a picture: https://twitter.com/1DUpdatesOnline/status/409397948162654208/photo/1/large

Not gonna lie: the 1D-Kardashian connection is something I could have lived without...
    But it's actually none of my business, so let's see how this unfolds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US album sales:
    Up All Night 1,889,000
    Take Me Home 1,850,000
    https://twitter.com/chartnews/status/409047588378144768

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hendall tide is on its way (along with the numerous "it's just a PR stunt" allegations).

I have no idea what it is, but here is a picture: https://twitter.com/1DUpdatesOnline/status/409397948162654208/photo/1/large

Not gonna lie: the 1D-Kardashian connection is something I could have lived without...

for me, i'm just happy with the column inches it sure provides... no feeling one way or another :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well apparently it started out as a PR stunt to raise both their profiles but they really like each other....again apparently!!

She looks quite nice but then I really know nothing about the kardashians apart from catching one programme accidently and being fascinated by how spoilt and needy they all sounded. I just hope she is different and Harry doesn't end up as PR fodder

ETA wasn't Haylor around about the release of TMH? If I was the cyncical type I would say...........:kitty::o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well apparently it started out as a PR stunt to raise both their profiles but they really like each other....again apparently!!

She looks quite nice but then I really know nothing about the kardashians apart from catching one programme accidently and being fascinated by how spoilt and needy they all sounded. I just hope she is different and Harry doesn't end up as PR fodder

ETA wasn't Haylor around about the release of TMH? If I was the cyncical type I would say...........:kitty::o

The timing certainly is suspicious, but who knows? ;-)

I suppose Abz is right: let's rejoice about the column inches. Hopefully it will help the album in the US!