Stereo kicks

2»

Comments

• Monica_WilsonMonica_Wilson Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Should really have gone through to boys, one of the best voices on this years show.
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Much better than last week.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should never have been eight to begin with but Cowell was right we wanted to do something different. We've had a few bands last few years that have tried to imitate 1D like Kinglsnad Road, Overload Generation, Union J etc etc - so eight is different more of a supergroup type thing.

Tonights performance was amazing i thought. Just the kick they needed thinking they could sail through with the teeny vote and become the new 1D.:D

Getting rid of any at this present moment would cause a back lash and ruin the whole thing. They should have done it before if they felt strongly about that. putting a 14 and 20 year old in the same band is ridiculous my opinion. 6 years apart and in totally different mind sets it won't be a good band relationship after a few years... Nothing in common. I'd get rid of the younger ones and the ones that look like each other.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I meant last week. They need to turn themselves into a vocal harmony group with a Glee like performance. they did just that and congratulations. It was a really good performance.

I think the 8 piece band can work in this way. You just can't have them all walking out on stage at the same time like a normal boyband.
  • Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I thought acapella meant without music - there was music in their performance.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buttonmoon wrote: »
    James really gets on my nerves with his one eye closed/open thing and his finger pointing in the air. Grrrr

I can't watch him when he sings, the two halves are his face seem to be pointing in different directions. It's much better if you close your eyes and just listen :D
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought acapella meant without music - there was music in their performance.

In real world, yes.
    In Cowell world acapella means turning the backing track down a bit. ;-)
  • QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get the impression they're performing for themselves, rather than as a group. That said, this week was much better than ever before.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 4 were really good and the second 4 were rubbish.

Think they really need to bin at least 3 of the second 4 as they're the weak links
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I was the only one that loved their perfomance?? I really loved that, especially James parts was really amazing. Nothing to do with last two perfomances which are completely forgetable.

I've to say too that Reece and Charlie have to go off. They don't add some heat or fresh to the band
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QTC13 wrote: »
    I always get the impression they're performing for themselves, rather than as a group. That said, this week was much better than ever before.

It was like the group performance on sunday. It is like they are just individual acts and havent blended and merged as a group!
  • ButtonmoonButtonmoon Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I can't watch him when he sings, the two halves are his face seem to be pointing in different directions. It's much better if you close your eyes and just listen :D

Haha I'm surprised none of the vocal coaches or choreographers have picked him up on it
  • tomouskitomouski Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who despise this group!
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 is great - forget all the fake Louis lose 2 members controversy. All staged.

Syco wants them - they WILL be big.

Perfect for the teeny market and better singers than 1D.