The Voice UK vs X Factor

2»

Comments

• earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the contestants that are the most important...

That's not what I see when I watch their banter after a performance.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    That's not what I see when I watch their banter after a performance.

Well...in that case, no wonder the voice contestants don't get much success post show...
  • muchlymuchly Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    I'd love to know where you've plucked your figures from. The Voice averaged 8.1m whereas so far this year X Factor is averaging 9.4m.

Misleading thread.
    The figures are from the BARB website.

The X Factor Saturday shows have so far rated 8.33, 8.08, 8.09, 8.13, 7.16, 6.76 and 6.74 an average of 7.61.

The Voice UK on Saturday for it's run rated 9.35, 8.88, 8.86, 9.37, 9.41, 8.77, 8.33, 8.06, 7.65, 7.56, 7.14, 6.67 and 7.15. Average of 8.25
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how the Voice continues to find great singers, despite being an apparent flop, but The X Factor struggles. I think it's seen as more credible amongst wannabe singers, the judges are all successful artists in their own right. Tom Jones or Cheryl Cole? I know who's opinion I think is more valid ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how the Voice continues to find great singers, despite being an apparent flop, but The X Factor struggles. I think it's seen as more credible amongst wannabe singers, the judges are all successful artists in their own right. Tom Jones or Cheryl Cole? I know who's opinion I think is more valid ;-)

Great singers who make James Arthur's sales look astronomical?
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice showcases some of the most talented/skilled singers. I love it now compared to the X Factor which is such a tired OTT format.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Great singers who make James Arthur's sales look astronomical?

Why is that people like you struggle to understand the concept of The Voice? It's not about finding someone who's going to sell millions of records, it's about finding someone with a great singing voice and allowing them to get their foot in the door of the music industry. The instant fame of the X Factor us all well and good, but they've yet to find a successful long term recording artist rather than an endless stream of flashes in the pan.

The Voice is about finding and nurturing talent, and allowing them to grow and develops as artists. Something that Cowell and his goldfish attention span would never allow.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X factor is more of a "entertainment" show and someone who wants to be a "star" hence why they put through novelty acts, I mean, they dedicate 70% of auditions for bad singers etc... and they get told mostly what to sing.

The Voice is more of a "talent" show, where you are welcome to do anything that you want, be yourself, it's more for people that want to be songwriters.

Just look at the auditions for each show, TVUK has "blind auditions" and they always have good people in it. No novelty acts, etc...

I enjoy them both but I watch X Factor for the cheesiness, and watch The Voice for talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is that people like you struggle to understand the concept of The Voice? It's not about finding someone who's going to sell millions of records, it's about finding someone with a great singing voice and allowing them to get their foot in the door of the music industry. The instant fame of the X Factor us all well and good, but they've yet to find a successful long term recording artist rather than an endless stream of flashes in the pan.

The Voice is about finding and nurturing talent, and allowing them to grow and develops as artists. Something that Cowell and his goldfish attention span would never allow.

Develop as artists that have no longevity and no audience, winner or not? If anything, the buzz around the contestants in this show fleets faster than those on XF.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a nasty edge to X Factor, and its far more cliched and relies on manufactured judge drama.
    YES YES YES!
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the shows would amalgamate... TXF is infinitely a better show entertainment-wise, they know how to put on a decent show and most of the time you'll at least hear about what the contestants are up to afterwards. But the hype machine is killing it, genuinely good singers are avoiding it because of the stigma and going to The Voice instead. This series of XF would be SO much better if it had some of the contestants that were on The Voice this year, a genuinely interesting bunch that sadly have all faded into oblivion since the show ended.

BBC dropping The Voice and ITV picking it up instead of The X Factor for a year would be the best thing that could happen to both shows.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice is miles better than x Factor because the standard of acts is much higher, plus you get to see people that sing different genres of music which you rarely get on X Factor.

The only drawback that the Voice has is that the winners dont do as well because they dont have anywhere near the amount of backing that the winners have on X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know I said before that x factor creates more credible recording artists , but I always found that the voice and x factor are two different shows. The x factor is about finding a credible recording artist and the voice is to find the best voice. So, personally I don't understand the inevitable comparison of the two shows. My thing is this, if these contestant arent looking to an actual recording artist, what do they hope to get out of their exposure on the voice????...that I can't seem to understand... I mean if you go on these shows, you want to eventually make this a career and make money out of it...not some low profile musician that no one really cares about...that I don't understand...
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I said before that x factor creates more credible recording artists , but I always found that the voice and x factor are two different shows. The x factor is about finding a credible recording artist and the voice is to find the best voice. So, personally I don't understand the inevitable comparison of the two shows. My thing is this, if these contestant arent looking to an actual recording artist, what do they hope to get out of their exposure on the voice????...that I can't seem to understand... I mean if you go on these shows, you want to eventually make this a career and make money out of it...not some low profile that no one really cares about...that I don't understand...

I guess the main aim of the contestants on The Voice is to raise their profile nationwide, which they probably would'nt have chance to otherwise. One guy last year got a recording contract even though he went out in the first live show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    The Voice was/is (dunno if it's still on tv) nearly as terrible as Fame Academy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOZ! wrote: »
    The Voice was/is (dunno if it's still on tv) nearly as terrible as Fame Academy.

What's fame academy???...