The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMG "down" to #7 in today's midweeks, but of course still up from last Sunday's #11.
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was fun. Was a made-up story though... They picked some peaces of paper from a cup, reading them one after the other, making up a story. So Louis ended up snogging Taylor. Some other funnny stories, it's worth watching ;)

Ah sounds funny, will watch when I can. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boys will be on Loose Women next Tuesday.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boys will be on Loose Women next Tuesday.

What all five of them? Wer n't they on before but interviewed by denise welsh and not in the studio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    What all five of them? Wer n't they on before but interviewed by denise welsh and not in the studio?

I saw an advert for it and it is pre-recorded out of the studio. Louis, Liam and Zayn were together. I'm not sure if they showed Harry and Niall but I'd assume they'll be on too. I think they were interviewed by Coleen Nolan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Behind the scenes of the Steal My Girl video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fI68dwiBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an advert for it and it is pre-recorded out of the studio. Louis, Liam and Zayn were together. I'm not sure if they showed Harry and Niall but I'd assume they'll be on too. I think they were interviewed by Coleen Nolan.

That should be fun, I wonder how many interviews 1D got through. If they were only 10 mins each and they had all afternoon we'll be getting lots.

I hope we get some Narry interviews, the ones for the TIU movie were my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn won Capital's Sexiest Men competition. Harry came in at #2 followed by some 5SOSs and Vamps.
    http://www.capitalfm.com/photos/capital-fm-sexiest-males-2014/

He also dressed up as Batman for Halloween - http://instagram.com/p/u1RHj6I9Ku
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, SMG sold another 46,222 copies in the US last week, bringing its total to 330,284. Could give them another gold certification (500k) before the end of the year.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Harry has no idea why he is wearing this coat either ;-)
    (although strangely, I am into him wearing flamboyant clothes, so i don't really mind it...)
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some promo schedule info: https://twitter.com/LatestAbout1D/status/527936471664058368/photo/1

The interviews I found:

One Direction on BBC Radio1 Interview with Scott Mills (FULL) http://slutszarry.tumblr.com/post/101473152288/audio_player_iframe/slutszarry/tumblr_ne7m7fKeyV1rgxudy?audio

One Direction interview with Yahoo 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGK4QEbwMG0

One Direction BBC Radio 2 Interview on the Steve Wright Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzwl5ieoos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Promo is hotting up! The boys are travelling to Australia to perform at the ARIA awards on 26th Nov. Perhaps they'll pop into Japan as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1f0_PE5LLo8

According to some usually pretty good update accounts the new single Night Changes is going to be out 14th November (as a pre-order grat track I presume). That's a Friday which seems an odd time but it means it will have some radio play etc for album release week. If this is true there'll be 2 singles out pre-album woop! I reckon they'll still perform Steal My Girl at X Factor and film it pre-record next weekend for transmission Sunday 16th.

I think one of the boys spoke about the new music video in the past tense indicating Niall and Zayn filmed their segments earlier this week, perhaps all of the boys did one together as well. Would be awesome if the video came out just before or during the week of album release. Tight timing for Ben to edit but I think they've done it before.

For the pre-order grat tracks can the label choose which one will count for chart placing? If they did perform it on XF or Children In Need, put the video out soon after and have solid non- pre-order sales it could get a very good chart position. Ed Sheeran just got #1 with a post-album single.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ha ha ha leeyum soo adorable marching and singing alright lolz!! :D
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn won Capital's Sexiest Men competition. Harry came in at #2 followed by some 5SOSs and Vamps.
    http://www.capitalfm.com/photos/capital-fm-sexiest-males-2014/

He also dressed up as Batman for Halloween - http://instagram.com/p/u1RHj6I9Ku

Awwww!! capital got it right for once, or rather their audience lolz :blush: :kitty:

did he borrow that from leeyum? hi hi :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the pre-order grat tracks can the label choose which one will count for chart placing? If they did perform it on XF or Children In Need, put the video out soon after and have solid non- pre-order sales it could get a very good chart position. Ed Sheeran just got #1 with a post-album single.

It used to be that the labels chose which song was an instant grat, allowing it to chart very highly. Now apparently itunes is able to distinguish the number of copies an instant grat is selling because of album pre-orders and the number of copies being bought seperately from a pre-order. So now, all the instant grats are able to chart, but just based on the sales minus the pre-orders.
    Therefore, I don't know if you can still choose one instant grat where the OCC (chart company) count ALL the copies distributed by itunes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more chart positions of SMG:
    New Zealand: #9 (up from #30, new peak!) in its 5th week
    Ireland: #6 (up from #10) in its 3rd week
    Australia: #25 (up from #32, no new peak though...), also in its 5th week.

By the way, they're really still going very strong in Ireland:
    MM (the album) is up to #34 in its 49th week
    TMH has re-entered the charts at #88 in its 98th charting week.
    UAN is even above TMH at #66 in its 153rd week.

Plus, "This Is Us" is still the #1 music DVD (46 weeks in the charts). I don't know if they've always held the top spot, but at least they held off Justin Bieber this week :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be that the labels chose which song was an instant grat, allowing it to chart very highly. Now apparently itunes is able to distinguish the number of copies an instant grat is selling because of album pre-orders and the number of copies being bought seperately from a pre-order. So now, all the instant grats are able to chart, but just based on the sales minus the pre-orders.
    Therefore, I don't know if you can still choose one instant grat where the OCC (chart company) count ALL the copies distributed by itunes...

That's a fair system, back to the old single release days. If fans want to push the Night Changes single to #1 they can always purchase it twice and a lot of people might be waiting to be given the album for Christmas so buy the single in the meantime. I have to remember that not everyone buys on iTunes. Unless I'm desperate for the grat tracks I'll probably get a physical copy so I can play it in my car. I'm not waiting til Christmas though lol.

I hope we get a pre-order song next week. They said 5 didn't they? So Fireproof (again), Night Changes, Steal My Girl, and two more? Or would SMG not be released as a grat?
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one know the how OTRA tour is selling. I thought it would have been safer for them to go back to arenas. I hope this works out for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    Any one know the how OTRA tour is selling. I thought it would have been safer for them to go back to arenas. I hope this works out for them.

Well, the official ticket sale has only just begun TODAY! So let's wait a couple of days to see how they're doing... Even if they don't sell out stadiums in a matter of hours anymore, doesn't mean it's suddenly a bad idea to play big venues! :)
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boys are supposed to be pre-recording their X Factor performance today so we should hear about it later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Boys are supposed to be pre-recording their X Factor performance today so we should hear about it later.

Ooo that's interesting, I thought they'd do the pre-record next weekend but just realised that the EMAs are on Sunday 9th. So fingers crossed they get announced as a surprise performer. It would be a great opportunity for them to give Steal My Girl its TV debut and talk about the album on the red carpet.

They were all together yesterday which could have been rehearsals or finishing up the Night Changes video. Hope they weren't too hungover. I watched some of XF last night and saw Louis in Jack's VT. Have they featured him more in Xtra Factor? He's there quite often.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steal My Girl has gone up 4 places to #7 in the official UK chart. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their official twitter account has just confirmed they're on next Sunday. So it will be a SMG performance, most probably, since they're only sending the new single to radios on 14 November.

To be honest, I don't really understand this strategy... Apparently they had to pre-record it, so why not have the performance on 16 November, the day before the album is released. They could have performed the new single, showing some variety for "casual buyers". Those will only have heard SMG before seeing the (almost traditional) second performance towards the end of the X Factor (some weeks before Christmas).

But then again, I understand it's very hard to time the promo well for a worldwide album release... Those coming weeks must be tough for them in terms of flying around the world, performing, giving interviews etc...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steal My Girl has gone up 4 places to #7 in the official UK chart. :)

Brilliant news!!!!:D:D
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

They did 'Steal my girl'. I'm surprised by that, I thought they'd do Night Changes. I also thought they'd aire it not next week but the week after next when as it would have been the day before the album release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their official twitter account has just confirmed they're on next Sunday. So it will be a SMG performance, most probably, since they're only sending the new single to radios on 14 November.

To be honest, I don't really understand this strategy... Apparently they had to pre-record it, so why not have the performance on 16 November, the day before the album is released. They could have performed the new single, showing some variety for "casual buyers". Those will only have heard SMG before seeing the (almost traditional) second performance towards the end of the X Factor (some weeks before Christmas).

But then again, I understand it's very hard to time the promo well for a worldwide album release... Those coming weeks must be tough for them in terms of flying around the world, performing, giving interviews etc...

BIB- i thought that but i guess they will have other forms of promo just before the album release. Although that would be for the youtube viewer. eg the universal studio thing in America...