Is it over for OTY?

LSUduckLSUduck Posts: 184
Forum Member
As much as their iTunes "Boom Clap" version sounds great, it seems the public reaction to their live performance is HORRIBLE. So much anger, nasty comments and displeasure on twitter, facebook, etc.

What a shame it's likely over for them tonight. They are talented and could have been something special in terms of groups on this show but tonight may have ended all of that. Looks like TellyMix and Paddy Power knew something we didn't....oh well.

What do you all think?

Comments

• lulu glulu g Posts: 52,607
    Forum Member
    They're terribly dated. Far too Eurovision for my taste.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them so far this series but that wasn't very good.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hate it if it is...but, knowing how competitive this season is ...it could be...
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's the boys sing solo esp the brunette.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were awful this week.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them but that was a poor performance. The boys are better at lead vocals.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    It depends. There's still 8 acts left to perform, and if they do end up in the bottom, if they're in the singoff it'll depend on who they're up against.
  • radiofan4radiofan4 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    LSUduck wrote: »
    As much as their iTunes "Boom Clap" version sounds great, it seems the public reaction to their live performance is HORRIBLE. So much anger, nasty comments and displeasure on twitter, facebook, etc.

What a shame it's likely over for them tonight. They are talented and could have been something special in terms of groups on this show but tonight may have ended all of that. Looks like TellyMix and Paddy Power knew something we didn't....oh well.

What do you all think?
    Yes I agree, they are overrated, but I will say that for all of the contestants this year except Fleur, who has stage presence and a good voice. I think they all think they sound better than they think they are.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them but that performance was underwhelming. However, I think most of the performances so far have been just as bad.

I hope that if they get through next week they sing their version of Monster Mash, that could be a great moment for them.
  • Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are and were overrated on this forum. Sorry.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was awful. But they've a lot of competition for being the worst so far.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they get thru. We can't just have boring males singing ballads every week. Surely not? Jay, Paul so dull. Will never have a career in the charts
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched it on youtube and its seriously not as bad as people are making it out to be? Also it's a nice change to have a modern non-predictable song. Will be using my free votes on them
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am concerned with the running order and the negative response. Surely simon realises they are one of only 3 acts who he could market after the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope not
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not great, but they are good and miles better than most. I think they should get another chance.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    I am concerned with the running order and the negative response. Surely simon realises they are one of only 3 acts who he could market after the show.
    I don't think they're good enough to have a future.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so concerned anymore... Every one has been pretty bad tonight...
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They weren't great tonight but certainly weren't the worst. I don't really like how they keep moaning about their song choices though...it's doing them no favours.
  • amzzi007amzzi007 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    The performance started off not so great but got better as it went along. And I don't think they were the worst of the night
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    They weren't great tonight but certainly weren't the worst. I don't really like how they keep moaning about their song choices though...it's doing them no favours.

Agreed. They're coming across as quite obnoxious to me.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will make it whether they end up going home tomorrow or on week 6 or 7. I'm not worried about that.

I just want the show to let them show who they really are, like they are on Youtube, at least once. Maybe a Sing-Off, without the ridiculous production and backing track, can be their moment.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    not looking good for them with the bookies

their odds have really shortened
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »

You do understand this is television, right? Whether or not you believe the show is scripted, what happens in the VTs definitely is, since they don't have cameras on them 24/7.