Is it over for OTY?

Comments

• amzzi007amzzi007 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    They will make it whether they end up going home tomorrow or on week 6 or 7. I'm not worried about that.

I just want the show to let them show who they really are, like they are on Youtube, at least once. Maybe a Sing-Off, without the ridiculous production and backing track, can be their moment.

Yeah, I thought that about a sing off. A song they've chosen and everything, to a certain point. And they're wouldn't be that massive backing track and production. I think it would definitely show who they are properly.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think they struggle because of the crappy theme weeks on X Factor.

They've been established a while and you can tell as they sound great together. There is a place for a group like this as they're not a girl or a boy band.

I hate theme weeks - the song choices are so bad. Please ditch this format and let them all sing what they want - the whole point is showcasing what they do best.

Or it should be.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    blaming the themes is a real cop out tbh

everyone was raving about their song choice for this week before the show , so cant blame the theme for them just performing it poorly
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    not looking good for them with the bookies

their odds have really shortened

Like someone said, the odds were rating them very low the entire week, so maybe they had information we don't.

I still might take a gamble on them to end up staying for longer than Simon's octo-band.
    If they get in a fair Sing-Off they will make it work and they will bounce to stay two or three weeks more.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Like someone said, the odds were rating them very low the entire week, so maybe they had information we don't.

I still might take a gamble on them to end up staying for longer than Simon's octo-band.
    If they get in a fair Sing-Off they will make it work and they will bounce to stay two or three weeks more.

they were sitting around 10-1 for elimination all week , they are in to 3-1 or 4-1 now
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not my favourites but we need a bit of variation and so I hope they stay in for a little longer.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm afraid on the evidence so far that they're not very good at singing though. They rivalled Jake for sheer wanton out-of-tuneness.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they struggle because of the crappy theme weeks on X Factor.

They've been established a while and you can tell as they sound great together. There is a place for a group like this as they're not a girl or a boy band.

I hate theme weeks - the song choices are so bad. Please ditch this format and let them all sing what they want - the whole point is showcasing what they do best.

Or it should be.

Let's face it Louis isn't doing a great job in choosing their songs each week. I think Louis is out of his depth with this group and the 8 lads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Agreed. They're coming across as quite obnoxious to me.

I think so too. On Xtra Factor they were asked why they were nervous and the brunette said something like "because singing a modern song just isn't our thing" with this weird look on her face. I found that such a ridiculous thing to say.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    OTY are fighters i hope they get through the week.
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to let the boys sing solo. The Quiff boy sung awesome in week 1
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    blaming the themes is a real cop out tbh

everyone was raving about their song choice for this week before the show , so cant blame the theme for them just performing it poorly

I agree to be honest. I adored the song choice on paper, they didn't do well with it though. :(
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    I do hope so. For me, they are just awful on every level. Dull, unoriginal, unattractive, forced, unlikeable... just a few of the words that come to mind. I guess it's the 'Glee factor' that makes them popular? They should just stick to Butlins and pantomime stuff, really.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They would do well in a sing off they aint going this week no way
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree that they are dated - and they try too hard to demonstrate their rapport with each other etc. Leave me cold.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were awful this week but I hope they got to stay ..
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    I think so too. On Xtra Factor they were asked why they were nervous and the brunette said something like "because singing a modern song just isn't our thing" with this weird look on her face. I found that such a ridiculous thing to say.

Yep, there's something about them that screams 'We're above all this'. Every week it seems they're moaning about their song choice. Well if they think they're above XF then I have no idea why they applied.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I'm afraid on the evidence so far that they're not very good at singing though. They rivalled Jake for sheer wanton out-of-tuneness.

Have you skipped Judges Houses?

http://youtu.be/1uYR_D9lNnU
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I didn't think their performance was nearly as bad as some of you did, outside of a wobbly opening verse. If you don't start strong, most people's minds are made up very quickly.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do understand this is television, right? Whether or not you believe the show is scripted, what happens in the VTs definitely is, since they don't have cameras on them 24/7.

Yes, I understand this is television, right!

Regardless of whether I believe the show is scripted or not, they are still on camera saying these things. As I said before, it's not doing them any favours.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The performance wasn't good. Simon is right that they 2 girls were out of tune. I do hope they stay though as group goes, they ain't that bad...
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I hope not I like them, dodgy start but the rest was a great performance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    hendoll wrote: »
    Dull, unoriginal, unattractive, forced, unlikeableI d... just a few of the words that come to mind. I guess it's the 'Glee factor' that makes them popular? .

This, also see them a bit 'steps' like, when to begin with I am sure the judges described them as cool and edgy, which is not the direction they seem to going in now.

I think there are worse on the show so they probably won't go this week
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    I am concerned with the running order and the negative response. Surely simon realises they are one of only 3 acts who he could market after the show.

Who do you think the other two acts are that Simon could market?
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH i think even if they are in the bottom 2 there are a handful of people they woud beat out and stay IMO!