Options

Is Lola a better bet than Lauren

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and she looks like a little girl performing in a school play.

Comments

• Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola....bottom 2 next week
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lola is only liked because she cries and is out of shape.
    If she was slim and confident she'd never have got thru
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so.

She's not that strong. She does good (not great) with ballads.

Give her a uptempo and she'll collapse completely.

Lola was over hyped from her very first audition. She was never as good as Simon painted her to be.
  • Options
    indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and you looks like a little girl performing in a school play.

The disadvantage is that her singing is a bit crap
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when she murdered the song yesterday
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Lola is only liked because she cries and is out of shape.
    If she was slim and confident she'd never have got thru

Disagree completely.

Cher Lloyd...?
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and you looks like a little girl performing in a school play.

LOL :D & SHE ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    [/B]

LOL :D & SHE ;-)

Yes spotted and sorted:D
  • Options
    sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and she looks like a little girl performing in a school play.

Possibly that's because she is a little girl and I don't suppose she's had an awful lot of experience singing on a massive stage like that. She's a bloody good singer and stage presence..that can be worked on!
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola's nerves are tripping her up big time and I can't see that changing, like was said before if she's given an uptempo she could fall to pieces. Lola will be week 5 shock exit IMO.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Lola has a better tone, but less control over her voice than Lauren does. Not particularly a fan of either though - both are overrated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    No. She is - and always has been - a total emotional mess and basically done about two performances where she didn't fall apart from nerves and sobbing. She was utterly terrible this week. Lovely girl but she's not built for the pressure of X Factor.

Lauren can basically deliver and her performances have been a lot more interesting. Lola has potential but we can say this forever and a day. When and will she ever deliver on it?
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer her over Lauren
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Disagree completely.

Cher Lloyd...?

Is there a similarity? Cher Lloyd had a clear sense of the kind of performer she wanted to be from her first audition, and a personality and presentation with a strong appeal to a younger segment of the audience. Lola... just seems to want not to have to sell any more fish. Being slim and confident is about 12% of what it would take to turn her into Cher: and a sympathy vote for being neither is probably helping to keep her in.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren is way better.

Lola doesn't really deserve her place - there was a better girl at judges' houses.
  • Options
    weejim1961weejim1961 Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Think lola is doing a Janet Devlin, and getting more nervous as the weeks go on. What's the odds on her forgetting some of her words next week?
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weejim1961 wrote: »
    Think lola is doing a Janet Devlin, and getting more nervous as the weeks go on. What's the odds on her forgetting some of her words next week?

That was great when Janet did that. Tv gold
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren seems suited to musicals but I find her a bit annoying - too over confident. I think Lola is pretty average.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lauren seems suited to musicals but I find her a bit annoying - too over confident. I think Lola is pretty average.

She is very high school musical Disney princess but I think that era is passing now.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive always thought Lola was a terrible singer. Wildcard shouldve been the short chavvy girl who seemed to always be in dungaree shorts lol
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    That was great when Janet did that. Tv gold

The show gave Janet a lot of assistance in that.
    Only Little Mix actually forgot the words without assistance (in week 9) , but it was never mentioned although very obvious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    For me Lauren is good but not great I think she is overrated,Lola is a good singer but I think she cracks under pressure,last night she could of made that song amazing but it sounded awful for me they both arnt someone I would listen to away from the show and I think they will be forgotten when the show has finished
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren is so much better confidence and vocal wise than Lola 'I'm a Fish Monger' Saunders.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Lola and Lauren are far superior to most of the acts left in the show.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola can't seem to take the pressure which is affecting her vocals and performance. I think Lauren is over rated but seems to handle pressure better. If Lola doesn't get her act together the judges along with the public are going to tire of her. On this basis I think Lauren will probably go further in the competition. I do agree with the OP though. She does look like a kid singing for the parents, in a school play. :D:D