Is Lola a better bet than Lauren

2»

Comments

• performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola has a more 'relatable' look and persona to girls. That's why they've been pushing her from day 1. Unfortunately, she needs a ton of vocal training... though, saying that, sometimes the public don't get behind the best singers.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused why people have been referring to Lola as a frontrunner for weeks.

She's clearly disposable.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lola is a very attractive girl, looks like a woman and has a very nice tone when she is on point. She could be very appealing to a lot of people. However, her confidence in this type of show/competition is lacking. I understand she has had a bit of help with that, but she still seems to be struggling.

I like Lauren as young girlie popstar.

Strangely, weighing up all the remaining contestants, it is Lola who has more interest for me in buying a record. She doesn't need to be the winner, but needs a few more weeks to show us a bit more.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Lola is just typical x-factor fodder. It's a bit shit really. But I refuse to believe these people are so stupid as to believe all the crap that they say/are told to say. If they ARE that stupid, well.... I don't know, Darwin and all that.
  • ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Lola and Lauren are far superior to most of the acts left in the show.

Both are poor Fleur is by far the best female performer, for X Factor both Fleur and Andrea are good, whether they have the potential to sell Cow records long term may be another matter.

Along with those 2 you mention there is some utter tripe in this year, Stevi is by no means the worst in my opinion. Jake was unlucky, Cow clearly decided there were too many lads in of similar nature and he was the fall guy.

Lola, Jay, Jack and both bands are so bad it is hard to put into words.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive always thought Lola was a terrible singer. Wildcard shouldve been the short chavvy girl who seemed to always be in dungaree shorts lol

I agree. I remember watching Lolas audition and being very surprised at the praise she got. Very mediocre imo and she's gotten worse each time I've seen her.

Lauren is a bit stage school brat, I do agree with others but she does have something more about her and think she can be very good whereas Lola is instantly forgettable outside of the made up sob story
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Lola and Lauren are far superior to most of the acts left in the show.

Only in your opinion.

For me, they both just average - just my opinion, of course.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LH1 wrote: »
    Lola can't seem to take the pressure which is affecting her vocals and performance. I think Lauren is over rated but seems to handle pressure better. If Lola doesn't get her act together the judges along with the public are going to tire of her. On this basis I think Lauren will probably go further in the competition. I do agree with the OP though. She does look like a kid singing for the parents, in a school play. :D:D

Exactly! Which is why Cheryl didn't initially put her through to the Lives and rightly so.
    She needs to get it together and not burst into tears after almost every performance and start enjoying the process.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Lola. Not sure what was wrong with her on Saturday. I don't think it was nerves - she didn't look or seem nervous - but she was in tears almost from the start of the song. One of the judges (was it Cheryl?) said she'd had a "tough week at home" so something has obviously happened.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All things would be equal between them, actually, if Lola did not have some vocal damage that limits what she can do.

Both have pretty voices , but Lauren has a better sense of what hers is and is not, can utilize her range and stay consistent as a result, and has the edge in terms of stage presence.

Lola will likely have one more lovely performance where she holds back, then try to compete with the bigger/healthier voices and fall apart.Listening to her, as I said once before, is like watching a graceful dancer try to do a challenging routine on a sprained ankle, and not for dissimilar reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I remember watching Lolas audition and being very surprised at the praise she got. Very mediocre imo and she's gotten worse each time I've seen her.

Lauren is a bit stage school brat, I do agree with others but she does have something more about her and think she can be very good whereas Lola is instantly forgettable outside of the made up sob story

Explain the "made up sob story", I must have missed that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I prefer Lola. Not sure what was wrong with her on Saturday. I don't think it was nerves - she didn't look or seem nervous - but she was in tears almost from the start of the song. One of the judges (was it Cheryl?) said she'd had a "tough week at home" so something has obviously happened.

The judges could have slammed her, so whatever the reason was they all seemed to refrain from being too harsh on her. Therefore, I assume a great deal of empathy was required.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and she looks like a little girl performing in a school play.
    If Lola has any stage presence I must have missed it. Average voice, zero X factor. She's just a sobby kid who needs to remain on her fish counter till she grows up a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Lola has any stage presence I must have missed it. Average voice, zero X factor. She's just a sobby kid who needs to remain on her fish counter till she grows up a bit.

A bit harsh! >:( No evidence of immaturity.

Thankfully, she is not as hard as nails like some.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Lauren is better and many would argue more attractive, thus she'll probably go before Lola as thats usually how the voting goes.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    The judges could have slammed her, so whatever the reason was they all seemed to refrain from being too harsh on her. Therefore, I assume a great deal of empathy was required.

Yes, good point. Whatever happened, I hoep she's feeling better about it all this week.
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOZ! wrote: »
    Lauren is better and many would argue more attractive, thus she'll probably go before Lola as thats usually how the voting goes.

I fancy the pants of them both.

Very attractive girls. Prefer lauren though.

In terms of talent Lauren is better but if Lola can control her nerves she has the potential to be as good.

If it was a beauty contest these two would get far in the competition
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do think she might be a darkhorse . I think the advantage she has is that she looks more like a young woman performing as apposed to Lauren who doesn't seem to have any stage presence and she looks like a little girl performing in a school play.

Lauren is a far better singer. Lola looks and ounds...meh to me.
    Emily should have been chosen for the lives before her.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I like them both, don't ask me to decide