The Voice UK vs X Factor

muchlymuchly Posts: 321
Forum Member
I was surprised to see that the average viewing figures for the Saturday night show have The Voice UK ahead on the X Factor. The average for the Voice UK for the season was 8.25 million compared to the current average for the X Factor at 7.61 million.

Comments

• daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Say what you will about The Voice, but acts such as Stevi, Jake, Only the Young etc. wouldn't have a hope. The talent is infinitely better.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    BBC doesn't have all the cheese/sob stories that ITV has.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus kylie as a judge wiped the floor with Cheryl and Mel combined
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    The Voice attracts far better singers.
  • bigbri1805bigbri1805 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, me and the girlfriend always sit and watch xfactor, as it always fills in the time. But, we both know that most of them aren't exactly the best singers and probably wouldn't buy any of their song/albums.

The Voice is definitely a lot better for talent, but it doesn't always have the appeal as the xfactor, probably because it's on the BBC, and isn't bigged up as much as other talent shows.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muchly wrote: »
    I was surprised to see that the average viewing figures for the Saturday night show have The Voice UK ahead on the X Factor. The average for the Voice UK for the season was 8.25 million compared to the current average for the X Factor at 7.61 million.

I'd love to know where you've plucked your figures from. The Voice averaged 8.1m whereas so far this year X Factor is averaging 9.4m.

Misleading thread.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    I'd love to know where you've plucked your figures from. The Voice averaged 8.1m whereas so far this year X Factor is averaging 9.4m.

Misleading thread.

Really? Every report that I have seen states averages of around 7m for this years X Factor. Strictly is getting the 9M viewers I believe.

Anyway I really enjoyed this years Voice UK, but despite the better singers they just do not create stars.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Say what you will about The Voice, but acts such as Stevi, Jake, Only the Young etc. wouldn't have a hope. The talent is infinitely better.

Indeed which is why The Voice contestants constantly outperform The X Factor acts in the charts.

Oh hang on.......
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Indeed which is why The Voice contestants constantly outperform The X Factor acts in the charts.

Oh hang on.......

Meh, the charts today aren't what they once were. Any crap can reach #1 if they have a big enough machine behind them. As a TV show, The Voice is superior. There's a nasty edge to X Factor, and its far more cliched and relies on manufactured judge drama.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, the charts today aren't what they once was. Any crap can reach #1 if they have a big enough machine behind them. As a TV show, The Voice is superior. There's a nasty edge to X Factor, and its far more cliched and relies on manufactured judge drama.

There is one inherent problem with The Voice which has been proved time and again by artists like Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Leonard Cohen to name just three, and that is that it is categorically NOT all about the voice.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Voice was a good experiment in democracy, but it is pretty boring. I don't know what it is but it just seems to drag on. The part I like the most is the Battle Rounds.

Plus, as sad as it is, it isn't 'all about the Voice', you do have to have looks or that 'something' as well. Even on XF, some times the best singers are just boring to watch. That being said, I wish XF would stop putting on joke acts for 'entertainment' because it's not entertaining. Can't they just have good singers that make the Lives. And stop manipulating and humiliating people who are clearly vulnerable adults.

And even 'The Voice' is not all about the voice... Will? ... Kylie?
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how many credible stars has the voice made...I can't think of one...
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both shows are awful, let's be honest now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Both shows are awful, let's be honest now.

Why the hell are you in a x factor forum if you think is awful...go somewhere else...
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell are you in a x factor forum if you think is awful...go somewhere else...

It's a discussion forum, last time I looked.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    And how many credible stars has the voice made...I can't think of one...

The main one is Becky Hill, who has had a number one and a couple of top ten hits as a featured artist and is about to launch her solo career- I saw her live on Friday and she was very, very good- A very engaging young lady.

With regards to the X Factor Vs The Voice, if you watched the first Voice live show the Talent is infinitely better, the likes of Christina Marie, Jermain Jackman, Chris Royal, Emily Adams, Sally Barker all vocally knock all of this years XF crop out of the park, I think its just the hype machine behind XF is far higher than The Voice. For example, this performance easily kills Andrea for nailing a dreamgirls song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMLT2gFeOA

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABauzZBx5q8 is much better than any female act XF has produced since Alexandra imo

With regards to the ratings, The Voice Live Shows overnights for the latest series were 6.21 million, roughly 1 million behind X Factor now so while its closer than some think, X Factor is still the more popular show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It's a discussion forum, last time I looked.

But its for x factor fans...I don't even why you would bother with a show you hate...
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why don't you go somewhere else?:confused: You clearly don't understand the concept of a discussion forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    The main one is Becky Hill, who has had a number one and a couple of top ten hits as a featured artist and is about to launch her solo career- I saw her live on Friday and she was very, very good- A very engaging young lady.

With regards to the X Factor Vs The Voice, if you watched the first Voice live show the Talent is infinitely better, the likes of Christina Marie, Jermain Jackman, Chris Royal, Emily Adams, Sally Barker all vocally knock all of this years XF crop out of the park, I think its just the hype machine behind XF is far higher than The Voice. For example, this performance easily kills Andrea for nailing a dreamgirls song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMLT2gFeOA

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABauzZBx5q8 is much better than any female act XF has produced since Alexandra imo

With regards to the ratings, The Voice Live Shows overnights for the latest series were 6.21 million, roughly 1 million behind X Factor now so while its closer than some think, X Factor is still the more popular show

I know the talent is better...but when you leave the voice...almost none of the people there achieve any success afterwards...so in terms of relevance ...x factor and the idol series are far more credible...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you go somewhere else?:confused: You clearly don't understand the concept of a discussion forum.

I will stay if I wish, I know this is a discussion forum, but a forum should be for actual fans... And saying its awful is hardly discussion, its more a conversation killer...
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will stay if I wish, I know this is a discussion forum, but a forum should be for actual fans... And saying its awful is hardly discussion, its more a conversation killer...

No, a discussion forum is for discussion of the forum subject matter. And that includes positive and negative opinions. It's not a fan board and never had been.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I know the talent is better...but when you leave the voice...almost none of the people there achieve any success afterwards...so in terms of relevance ...x factor and the idol series are far more credible...

I think that depends how you define success, the huge mega selling burn brightly for a year before fizzling out for X Factor seems to be what people expect, but a few people from The Voice are working hard (I follow quite a few) gigging and are in a much better place as a result of the exposure The Voice has given them rather than having the Syco hype machine behind them- I'd be very surprised if you met many who went on The Voice who regretted taking part as by all accounts the whole production is very supportive and gives plenty of scope to the artists. I'd argue that's more credible and representative of the music industry as a whole- You can be a professional singer your whole life without ever having a hit record as the different factors that go into something like that is important as well
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Voice weeds out the no hopers before we see anyone perform.

Anyone rejected is treated with respect.

All the 'judges' can sing
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice is an AWESOME platform... if you're a judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    The Voice is an AWESOME platform... if you're a judge.

I thought it was the contestants that are the most important...