Bad call...dark-haired girl in Only The Young is the weakest link.

2»

Comments

• Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quiff boy looked like he was trying to impersonate James from SK and did a very bad job.

The Blonde girl needs to stop inhaling helium

This is spot on!:D:D
  • TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the girls can sing. Only the boys are good singers.
  • Stan_BStan_B Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Individually they have all sung badly but singing together they sound 100 times better. Why do they each have to have a solo, they don't have the voices for that. They should do what they do best and all sing together....just picking their own songs next time.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Quiff boy's head was going to explode at one point, like that scene from Scanners. (look it up children)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do a Lady Antebellum song and stop singing all these ancient power anthems

"Modern" music isn't their thing, according to the dark-haired girl.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch the Monster Mash video they all sing well, and the blonde guy is pretty good, want to see him do some solos
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the strongest singer. The blonde girl has a weak, warbly voice, the quiffy boy has no control and sounds like his voice is breaking, and the blonde boy didn't even sing a word last night, which says it all.
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    If you check out their stuff on Youtube it's clear that all can sing very competently (maybe not as strong as some of the soloists, but they're a group).

The problem was that they chose a terrible song for the sing-off - I can't think of many songs that would have been worse than that song, what the hell were they thinking??? Coupled with the fact that they were no doubt upset at being in the bottom 2.

Charlie was woeful, it's true, but he can sing, as can the two girls and the fair-haired guy. They need to choose songs that will show off their voices rather than big production numbers. Maybe get their guitars out and show what they can do.
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the op she was too nervous at the start, but to be honest, the boy was eve worse. They should let the hot blonde girl open the song, infact they should make her the lead singer and the rest go do somersaults in the background or some shizz, I know id enjoy watching the blonde chick singing/dancing dont care how she sounds.. that is all. lol.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blonde girl is very pretty.

They need to find their niche and take Steps in the right direction.
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she started OK.

It was the guy who was the worst on that song

I agree but he was overcome with emotion.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blonde girl is very pretty.

They need to find their niche and take Steps in the right direction.

I think that both girls are pretty to be fair.

And I think that Charlie was the worst out of the group in the sing off as he allowed his nerves to takeover, I actually think that he can still sing though.

OTY probably picked the wrong song choice for themselves in that sing off as well which they should be careful of in the future.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OTY have this Updated ABBA meet Glee thing going on,and it works for them. Part of their appeal is band chemistry. They have been together a long time(for such a young band) and are genuinely close, and that comes across in their stage presentation. I see no point in picking out a "weak link". Who is the weak link will vary depending on weather a song plays to each singer in a group's strengths and weaknesses, so it isn't really a fair thing to do unless one is obviously less talented. I see no one in OTY who is consistently a weak link.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abba songs are deceptively hard to sing. This one starts low and then goes high on the chorus - he was straining to reach it (you could see in his face).

They must have rehearsed the sing off song, so surely he would realise it needed to be a touch lower for him? If bringing the key down made it too low for the girl, then they should have changed to a different song.
  • Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To fair the where Ill I hope they come back fighting