Time to end Xtra Factor?

batesy2000batesy2000 Posts: 818
Forum Member
✭✭
Its terrible. Its not funny and the 'guests' these days are just the staff and Sinitta. Its pitiful.

Will they question the cleaners next week?

Comments

• GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The presenter needs replacing sharpish
  • SimbaY2K+4SimbaY2K+4 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it one time only after the first live show and wished I hadn't. It was bland, dull and boring. At least Caroline Flack and Olly Murs added some jokes etc and had a great chemistry. Why Simon axed Caroline is beyond me as she did a great job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Sarah is the problem not the show itself. You can tell the judges find it awkward everytime she speaks to them after the show. Nice girl but not right for the show
  • TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimbaY2K+4 wrote: »
    I watched it one time only after the first live show and wished I hadn't. It was bland, dull and boring. At least Caroline Flack and Olly Murs added some jokes etc and had a great chemistry. Why Simon axed Caroline is beyond me as she did a great job.

Caroline wasn't axed. She left.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least axe the public questions to the judges, they're really awkward to watch - people taking forever to get on with their questions, the judges aren't even listening then poor Sarah has to repeat them 3 times.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like when they speak to the vocal coaches, Brian etc. it gives more insight into what goes on.

I'm starting to like Sarah-Jane a bit more too. Yes her timing is still a bit awkward but some of the questions she was asking people were good. Simon of course got stroppy when she challenged him but that's his issue not hers.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least axe the public questions to the judges, they're really awkward to watch - people taking forever to get on with their questions, the judges aren't even listening then poor Sarah has to repeat them 3 times.

I agree. I preferred it when they bought the judges up to the top of the studio and interviewed them in the smaller space.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who misses that Friday Xtra Factor where they show us whats been going on in the House and everything etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I preferred it when they bought the judges up to the top of the studio and interviewed them in the smaller space.

Me too. When did they stop that, it was so much better? I think the reason they can't hear the public questions is because of the noise in the studio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who misses that Friday Xtra Factor where they show us whats been going on in the House and everything etc.

No, me too. They should have Big Brother-style cameras in the house, to be shown instead of Xtra Factor, with extended clips of rehearsals etc.
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I used to love that. Those were the days. Ben shepherd in the house with chico, Brenda, Shane etc! ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I like this years Xtra Factor. Bigger budget!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Sarah-Jane now...took a while though.
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littlegee wrote: »
    I like this years Xtra Factor. Bigger budget!

What gives you that impression?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way to save Xtra Factor is to bring back Konnie! It's that simple.

She was the only one who refused to follow the script.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah-Jane just isn't a good fit for it.
    I'd be shocked if she was brought back next year.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good as it helps people get to know the contestants a bit more.

I don't like all the 'filler' though, like earlier in the series and they had 'Presenter Games' With SJ and Dermot - it was like something from Tiswas :kitty:
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah has really grown on me actually
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I cringe when the presenter makes out like she's going to come out with some really good "gossip" about the contestants............

Sinitta last night was particularly toe curling.

And everyone making out like they're best friends with everybody?? Are they forgetting they're supposed to be competing with each other?!

I've only watched it a few times but I've a feeling that the Xtra factor is actually aimed at teenagers....
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Sarah - I want to like her but she just ain't happening. She looked like she was about to burst into tears when Jake left. Her judges questions are always awkward - she has no rapport with the judges. Caroline may have been irritating but she was very quick witted and always reacted well to what was going on. SJ hasn't mastered that yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member

And when they had the board of questions and the judges all picked from a brief description. They could still do that with the current set up.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Havent watched it at all this year, last few years only every now and then. Luckily I did watch during the Connie Huq era :)
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the Xtra Factor...now. Sarah-Jane has grown on me too. She is a good presenter and does have humour and wit and overall credentials. I liked Caroline Flack and think it would have been better if she presented the show on her own and not with Olly Murs who I couldn't abide - too puerile for my liking. Come to think of it, Sarah-Jane and Caroline would have made a good team presenting the show.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any show where the production staff spend the duration guffawing at the 'jokes' and yelling "wahey!" every 3 seconds is invariably shit.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. When did they stop that, it was so much better? I think the reason they can't hear the public questions is because of the noise in the studio.

And because they seem too arrogant to listen. Half of the time when they do bother to listen, they end up mocking the callers name, accent, appearance etc.