Does the theme of the week not need to be done in the style of theme anymore

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I have noticed this a lot now the theme doesn't need to be sung in the style of the theme.

For example say the theme is dance and someone sings set you free by entrance it won't be sung it the upbeat style of dance songs it would be likely slowed down and "put there own twist on it" ie turned into a slow ballad dirge.

Similarly if the theme was disco and someone choose disco inferno that would probably get slowed down and turned into a ballad as well

Comments

• Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it ever had to be ...EVER!!!...
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I have noticed this a lot now the theme doesn't need to be sung in the style of the theme.

For example say the theme is dance and someone sings set you free by entrance it won't be sung it the upbeat style of dance songs it would be likely slowed down and "put there own twist on it" ie turned into a slow ballad dirge.

Similarly if the theme was disco and someone choose disco inferno that would probably get slowed down and turned into a ballad as well

Well it's Halloween week next so someone is probably going to sing Mmmp Bop.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    don't really understand the relevance of this thread to this years series

what style should a #1s theme have been done in ?

what style should a movie week theme have been done in ?

possibly you could argue that an 80s week could have had a style but even then it comes down to the individual songs
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as one word in the song title can be seen to have some vague connection to the week's theme then in the eye's of the judges that's okay