Biggest leap in voting history?

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it Dionne Mitchell from Series 3?

Week 1: 11th- 4.4%
Week 2: 2nd - 17.3%
Week 3: 10th - 4.7% (auto-elim, double elimination)

Comments

• EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    The ones that came to my mind that are a bit more extreme are
    Danyl Johnson Week 1 - 27.1% (1st) to Week 2 - 6.5% (7th)
    Rachel Adedeji Week 2 - 3.7% (10th) to Week 3 15.4% (1st) to Week 4 4.9% (9th)
    Also Katie Waissel went from second last to second and then to last in the span of three weeks in season 7. But I'm too lazy to look up the percentages.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Katie Waissel went from second last to second and then to last in the span of three weeks in season 7. But I'm too lazy to look up the percentages.

Yeah, that's exactly the same as Dionne in S3, except Dionne's could probably be deemed more impressive because all hers happened when they were still in double figures in terms of acts left (first 3 weeks).
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,452
    Forum Member
    Surely it's James Arthur, didn't he jump from 5th to 1st

13.7% to 40.7%

in the space of week, whilst its only a leap of 4 places, in % terms it a HUGE jump

Also Misha B jumped from 7th to 2nd:

8.0% to 22.5%

Also in the Same series, Amelia Lily went 1st-5th-1st

27.4% - 11.3% - 23.8%
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the voting figures were never released until series 5 so the Series 1, 3 and 4 figures on Wikipedia are probably fake.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the voting figures were never released until series 5 so the Series 1, 3 and 4 figures on Wikipedia are probably fake.

1 and 3 probably, I'm pretty sure the 4 figures are legit though because I remember them being released around the time the series ended in response to a ton of people claiming that they'd voted Rhydian and didn't get through.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Top 2 I think is Rachel A and James.

Rachel went from the B2 in Week 1 and 2, topping the vote in W3 and then being eliminated in W4.

James went from B2 with 13.7% to topping it at over 40% the next week.

The rebound vote usually works, I wouldn't be surprised if SK was high up (in the Top 2) this week.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely it's James Arthur, didn't he jump from 5th to 1st

13.7% to 40.7%

in the space of week, whilst its only a leap of 4 places, in % terms it a HUGE jump

Also Misha B jumped from 7th to 2nd:

8.0% to 22.5%

Also in the Same series, Amelia Lily went 1st-5th-1st

27.4% - 11.3% - 23.8%

The success of The Yob that is James Arthur was always a mystery.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because of the bottom two shocker. When Ella was gone, her votes had to go somewhere. So with it going to James, combined with the rebound vote and the whole show going to absolute panic mode, it's not that hard to see why he topped by a mile that week.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those votes from any series below series 5 are false. Leon Jackson came top of the vote every single week. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20182276
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    It's because of the bottom two shocker. When Ella was gone, her votes had to go somewhere. So with it going to James, combined with the rebound vote and the whole show going to absolute panic mode, it's not that hard to see why he topped by a mile that week.

I agree in part, however the fact he kept his high percentage and rebound to the end, without dropping back from pole position possibly shows it was more than just a panic mode and straight rebound vote.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Those votes from any series below series 5 are false. Leon Jackson came top of the vote every single week. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20182276

Dear oh dear. I'm ashamed of this country sometimes. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Dear oh dear. I'm ashamed of this country sometimes. :confused:

Surely Eoghan and Christopher Maloney topping their respective years for most of the series is about a million times worse
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Plus Tulsia on Xtra Factor saying "It's your fault (to the viewers), you're supposed to vote for who we tell you to, not who you think should win!"

Then they ran the "Vote James Arthur to stop Maloney" campaigns in The Sun & The Mirror.