Brian Dowling is dying a death. Enough already

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
Forum Member
✭✭
My God.

Did you see the twitter abuse directed at Brian Dowling? Apalling. So much negativity directed towards the poor guy I was shocked. I really like Brian ( here's the hypocritical part )but he is an awful, awful presenter. He just doesn't get any better does he?

I think the crux of the matter is that he just can't read an autocue. Davina was superb at reading the autocue but she annoyed me. It's only when you see someone like Brian making a pigs ear of it that you actually appreciate how good Davina was.

Channel 5 need to sort this out now once and for all. Emma needs to get the gig a.s.a.p. She would be superb and she deserves it. Alice can present BOTS no problems as she is also very talented. Brian, well, I just don't know. Good as a housemate but we need to move on now.

Please sort it out now channel 5 for the summer BB.

It can't go on. Put the poor lad out of his misery.

Comments

• dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davina In, Brian out.
  • Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Brian to Davina. His interviews are much better.

I was bored of Davina and her gurning!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol I don't think he's so bad.

I didn't even know he's getting abused on Twitter! :S Those darned keyboard warriors are at it again!
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's doing ok.. i don't conclude anything by abuse on twitter, I mean.... really?
  • The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the Ultimate Big Brother housemate, he never got a nomination, he was wiity and funny in the house so what on earth happened to him. He is less in depth and more inept. I have it on good authority that the reason that he was picked was he was the cheapest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the homophobic and completely unnecessary messages Brian receives on twitter are disgusting, do people not remember Davina's yelling and general annoying-ness?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, defo not Emma on main show, I would rather see her 7 hours a weeks on bbots then 20 minutes a week on main shows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I prefer Brian to Davina. His interviews are much better.

I was bored of Davina and her gurning!

Ditto. Davina was awful towards the end, and never seemed to have watched the programme she was interviewing about.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian is still a whole league above the shambolic Davina, and the hard faced Emma.
  • lynzeelynzee Posts: 8,193
    Forum Member
    Shattered. wrote: »
    Some of the homophobic and completely unnecessary messages Brian receives on twitter are disgusting, do people not remember Davina's yelling and general annoying-ness?

I remember, and could not stand her but unfortunately Brian is a poor excuse for a presenter. Surely there must be more competent presenters and more choices than just those two to be found.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alice is better than Emma.
  • Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Brian is still a whole league above the shambolic Davina, and the hard faced Emma.

He really isn't

Davina was successful so naturally got abuse whereas Brian is Empereors new clothes but ultimately dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All i want is a presenter who will ask the questions we want answered, rock the boat. His interviews are non events.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I dont mind Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I think Brian did a great job last night, i can't see how it could be any better to be honest some people never stop complaining.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daleman wrote: »
    Davina In, Brian out.

This 10000000000% :) Infact I may make a facebook group as a petition to get Davina back! I know there's a 99% chance it will never happen, but if lots of people join, she might feel moved about how much the fans miss her. And maybe she could tone the "gurning" down, then everyone will be pleased! :D

WIll you join my FB group? :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This 10000000000% :) Infact I may make a facebook group as a petition to get Davina back! I know there's a 99% chance it will never happen, but if lots of people join, she might feel moved about how much the fans miss her. And maybe she could tone the "gurning" down, then everyone will be pleased! :D

WIll you join my FB group? :D:p

No,I would hate to see Davina back. Brian can be awkward, but he is far more likeable.
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shattered. wrote: »

Any examples of this abuse ?
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So funny. This forum wouldn't shut up complaining about Davina for years and she was subjected to far worse abuse than Brian ever was. As it happens I really liked Davina as the host and I think Brian is doing an ok job. Some people are just looking for a reason to dislike the show at this point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina did her job really well, and you could NEVER tell that she was reading from the autocue, and she was respected. You can see Brian reading the autocue, he can't control the crowds or housemates, and he doesn't have the star quality that Davina did!
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry another vote for Brian! No matter what Davina is on I just cant watch. I know she is popular and must pull in the vieweres so she must do well. She is not my cup of tea. I like that game show she does with the dropping aspect (cant remember what it is called) My hubby likes her and watches her but i sit in the other room on DS lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    So funny. This forum wouldn't shut up complaining about Davina for years and she was subjected to far worse abuse than Brian ever was. As it happens I really liked Davina as the host and I think Brian is doing an ok job. Some people are just looking for a reason to dislike the show at this point.

Well you know what they say, you only really value something when it's gone! :)

If I make a facebook group will you join? I really want to spread it and let Davina know that there is a place for her on BB
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Brian is brilliant when he is saying and doing things as he wants to. When he is being told what to say and when, he's rubbish.

Let Brian do his own thing. Thats why we all liked him in the first place. Channel 5 need to just let him be himself and get on with it. He knows what to say, he's naturally funny. Stop the autocue sh*t.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's really really mediocre . which is kinda worse than being crap . Some crap presenters are funny because of their incompetence but he hasn't even got that .

the interviews are dull and I can't see why , its not the HM's fault .

they need to get someone else .
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you know what they say, you only really value something when it's gone! :)

If I make a facebook group will you join? I really want to spread it and let Davina know that there is a place for her on BB

I doubt Davina wants to go back to BB now. She has other projects and has made her fortune from hosting it for 10 years. She never comments on the Channel 5 series in the media. I think she's over it to be honest.