LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 21)

Comments

• Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Can Steve Allen really cook? He likes Poundland and telling Chris Moyles to stick to Radio this morning. :D

Nope, Steve Allen doesn't cook & neither does he claim to - his mum should, probably, have taught him :o

Excellent NA, last night - his story about his trip to the House of Commons was as amusing, as it was alarming.

He is the only LBC presenter who makes me laugh out loud. :)

P.S : Who is Chris Moyles :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Hi cbs
    I also find that their voices are somewhat similar. NA, though, has a very dry and drole sense of humour.

Ohh, thank goodness it's not just me then .. and I'm not going totally mad :D

I think my problem is that I have LBC on such a lot of the time, my brain switches off and I'm hardly listening. For me it's the radio version of moving wallpaper :D:D
    Forum Member
    Nope, Steve Allen doesn't cook & neither does he claim to - his mum should, probably, have taught him :o

He is (or was) always on about his halogen oven though ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is (or was) always on about his halogen oven though ;):D

He still has his halogen oven, CBS - or probably two of them :D

We fans love his, ' nonsense, '

My favourite SA quotes are his advice about dieting ......" Little & often," - then - " exercise regularly." :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi cbs
    I also find that their voices are somewhat similar. NA, though, has a very dry and drole sense of humour. A very clever, articulate and witty man, very popular on this thread - quite rightly so. Apparently, H used to be funnier, but I've not heard that aspect of his personality recently, although he does make some intriguing noises while thinking before he speaks. Both are great presenters - IMO, of course.

IMO, as well, Charlie ;) ..... A beautifully written post :)
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

P.S : Who is Chris Moyles :confused:

I think he works on a lesser-known radio station that appeals to the yoof :D
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you believe it? Anthony went all the way to Norway (couldn't have been cheap!) and then missed the Northern Lights in favour of a steak restaurant and an early night.
    Still, he seems to have had a good time and his pics are up on the website.
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see Anthony Davis on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about voices. I didn't realise he was such a good impressionist. He did a very good Tony Blair and Tony Benn voice.
    Forum Member
    Hi cbs
    I also find that their voices are somewhat similar. NA, though, has a very dry and drole sense of humour. A very clever, articulate and witty man, very popular on this thread - quite rightly so. Apparently, H used to be funnier, but I've not heard that aspect of his personality recently, although he does make some intriguing noises while thinking before he speaks. Both are great presenters - IMO, of course.

I listened last night and I think I can tell the difference now! (dear me :rolleyes::D) Funnily enough, the first caller I heard when I switched on was 'Kim' .. one of my regulars :D
    Forum Member
    He still has his halogen oven, CBS - or probably two of them :D

Probably! ;):D

I managed to catch him this morning (usually too early for me), and he was talking about beach huts .. I always used to want one of those, but they are just so ridiculously expensive due to demand for them :(
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

I managed to catch him this morning (usually too early for me), and he was talking about beach huts .. I always used to want one of those, but they are just so ridiculously expensive due to demand for them :(

My friend, who lives on the IOW has one in Gurnard Bay, which are about £26k to buy/sell or thereabouts - absolute nonsense in my narrow-minded opinion.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    My friend, who lives on the IOW has one in Gurnard Bay, which are about £26k to buy/sell or thereabouts - absolute nonsense in my narrow-minded opinion.

I must be narrow-minded too, because I agree with you. What an extortionate price to pay for a shed! As Steve pointed out this morning, they don't even have a LAVATORY!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I haven't listened to my sky+ SA, yet - finding myself completely spellbound by JO'B, who is 'devil advocating' a pat on the head for future rioters :eek:

Is Steve thinking of buying a beach hut ? - or two. :cool:

I was brought up by the sea &, even in those days, beach huts were very much a status symbol.

Morning All. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cub reporter who was with LBC back in the very early days, Simon Marks, returned to LBC airwaves (from Washington) on Tuesday of last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,929
    Forum Member
    I always listen to Iain Dale for the last part of my journey home and find his voice so easy and soothing after a hectic day. It doesn't really matter what he's talking about, in fact tonight it was the up and coming Mayoral election but he still had a calming effect on me.

Iain has been a great addition to LBC in my opinion.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Latest annoying new LBC advert - the one about digital retunng, where the daft couple have lost the TV remote control.

I may need my ears tested, but I keep hearing her say that it may be 'under the ladyboy' as she searches for it. She's possibly saying 'lazy boy' - but that makes no sense either! Anyone care to enlighten me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may need my ears tested, but I keep hearing her say that it may be 'under the ladyboy' as she searches for it. She's possibly saying 'lazy boy' - but that makes no sense either! Anyone care to enlighten me?

Could it be the male equivalent of a 'lazy Susan' ?!! Or it could be a sofa !
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be the male equivalent of a 'lazy Susan' ?!! Or it could be a sofa !

Or an exotic au pair!
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutleykaz wrote: »
    I always listen to Iain Dale for the last part of my journey home and find his voice so easy and soothing after a hectic day. It doesn't really matter what he's talking about, in fact tonight it was the up and coming Mayoral election but he still had a calming effect on me.

Iain has been a great addition to LBC in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more, m-k. He's my favourite these days.
    He seems to be a genuinely nice man and so knowledgeable.
    I hope he stays for a very long time.
    Forum Member
    Latest annoying new LBC advert - the one about digital retunng, where the daft couple have lost the TV remote control.

I thought it was strange too. I very quickly looked it up in case it was connected to the term 'tall boy' which is furniture. I came up with the following but not before I was directed to very many disgusting websites which I didn't open, thank goodness, I'm now puzzled why furniture should be masculine? Oh well, there are worse things in life to comtemplate.

http://www.la-z-boy.com/Furniture/Recliners/
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, m-k. He's my favourite these days.
    He seems to be a genuinely nice man and so knowledgeable.
    I hope he stays for a very long time.

He really is good and brilliant in the slot he has. It's not an easy one as most people are having dinner, watching tv and suchlike.

I love the way he talks about politics. He was saying that Boris is falling slightly behind Ken in the polls, which he must be horrified about, being an out and out Tory. Personally I think Boris will walk it but that aside I drove around the block the other night after a long day, just to hear him finish a conversation he was having with someone. I've not done that since Sandi Toksvig creased me up about something. I can't listen when I get home due to animals and people taking over my time.
    Forum Member
    Thanks, MK. It's true that you learn something new every day, I've never heard of a 'lazy boy' item of furniture before!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutleykaz wrote: »
    but not before I was directed to very many disgusting websites which I didn't open, thank goodness,

How do you know they were disgusting if you didn't open them ;) Gotcha ! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, MK. It's true that you learn something new every day, I've never heard of a 'lazy boy' item of furniture before!

'scuse me ! My link before MK linked to La-z-boy furniture!!
    Forum Member
    'scuse me ! My link before MK linked to La-z-boy furniture!!
    My grovelling apologies - I completely missed that, so you did.

I must have a lazy eye! :p
This discussion has been closed.