The Sims 3

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    i just tried to install ambitions but it said it needs to update sims 3 first so i clicked ok. once that was done it started installing ambitions but froze half way. i cancelled it and it said to try again later to install it.

so i tried but each time it says it needs to update sims 3 first but when i click ok it says the update failed so it wont install. how do i get around this? im literally pulling my hair out with this bloody game!

im now trying the patch update so thats another 3 hours ill have to wait to find out if thats failed again!

what bugs me i when i put the game in it updated the sims 3 in seconds so why does it insist that it still needs updating when i try and install the game again?
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh cool a new EP : )

I was able to download the EPs off Disk2Drive . com which was much easier. But they've changed to Gamefly and at the moment have taken all Mac games off. I'll keep checking as it just says "coming soon".
    Forum Member
    the update finally finished and ambitions installed sucessfully and is on the desktop. when i put the game in the launcher tells me to put world adventures in but ambitions is the latest ep so why is it telling me this?
    Forum Member
    and great, now since the latest update even uninstalling ambitions. world adventure no longer works! just bloody great

edit: now none of my games work. now trying to reinstall them all from scratch and if it still dont work theyre off to the cex shop.

im really mad that ive wasted my day off in front of the computer waiting three hours for the patch upgrade which now means none of my games will start/
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as student's can rent places to live, i wonder if normal sims can now rent places to live back in the home world?
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, not happy :(

Got Seasons yesterday and I installed it fairly quick and well. But when I go onto Create-A-Sim, the screen goes black and the cursor is still there, then it just crashes the game all together. And it does it every time. :(

This was one of my most anticipated EPs to get, too! :(
  • DanielleLDanielleL Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    University nearly broke my comp the install crashed three times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Can someone help me.

I have a sim who is now young adult, she got into a relationship with a local babysitter (NPC) and we are down as boyfriend/girlfriend but on each of their status, it has noone listed as partner..

We have had 2 kids but I can't get marriage to come up or engaged or anything. I originally could only get him to move in...

Is this a glitch and will I have to start a new game to fix this... I originally thought because stupidly I used the photobooth with another sim that it has messed my sim up and can't get marriage to work :( I went and broke up with that sim before I moved this other sim in...

Any ideas??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're not doing a legacy or anything, try moving them out then back in, that can sometimes fix glitches like that.

The only reason I mention legacy is it can sometimes delete the family tree
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A patch is now available which fixes some bugs with 70s/80s/90s stuff, before its release on Friday.

University was probably my favourite Sims 2 expansion so i'm looking forward to seeing it come to The SIms 3. This might not mean much but the Maxis logo is back on the box for University, so hopefully it will have more of a Sims 2 feel. Until now Sims 3 has just been EA.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61fnKJxcsUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I have sims 3 supernatural and I am trying to make a male witch Sim like my female Fairy sim, currently they are best friends but no romantic option has come up :confused: usually way before now it would come up in the options.

Any help?. Thanks.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got my new imac, and thus now playing seasons and really loving it, it was a great EP for the Sims 2, but it really comes in to it's own in the Sims 3.

University in Sims 2 i found kind of boring, tbh, but it may work better in Sims 3, so I'll give it a go. :)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took advantage of the Steam Midweek sale to add World Adventures to my Sims 3 collection
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so sick of this buggy game! can't get the latest update to install - and i've downloaded it about 5 times!
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thinking of getting this, deluxe version which includes Ambitions. What expansions, stuff packs and worlds would you recommend?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting this, deluxe version which includes Ambitions. What expansions, stuff packs and worlds would you recommend?

i currently own Late Night and World Adventures which i both reccomend i plan to buy Pets also at some point(i do own the standalone Xbox version but i want it on PC too)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »

I'd say

Showtime
    Pets
    Generations
    University Life

Those are my favourites
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloading seasons, hope its good.
    Forum Member
    University isn't out yet :confused:

I recommend:

Ambitions, Generations the most, added the most for me in my game. I did buy showtime but it wasn't really worth it. I don't have seasons but I really want that one.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone playing The Sims 3 on Wine and if so, do they have the infamous "no fluff" bug or graphical corruption where there should be fluff? I'm trying to figure out what's causing the graphical corruption I am seeing on my computer. I'm trying to figure out whether its Wine or the NVidia drivers on my computer. It is the only blemish on what is The Sims 3 running flawlessly on Linux with Wine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caralee1 wrote: »

I recommend:

Ambitions, Generations the most, added the most for me in my game. I did buy showtime but it wasn't really worth it. I don't have seasons but I really want that one.

University Life is a Sims 2 bundle isnt it?
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seasons is probably the best ep they have produced because its the least glitchy, and has the best replay value since its fully compatable with any world you use

Where as.. if you wanted to use features from pets or late night, in a town other than the ones included (apaloosa or bridgeport) you'd have to find space for the ep lots

Beyond that I'd say generations and ambitions for the extra gameplay and again, they don't impact the playability of the game as much in terms of bugs

But generally speaking.. yea its disgusting how poorly ea have supported this franchise, don't pay rrp for the add ons, just wait a few months and you can pick them up for as little as 1/3 of the launch price

Sounds like university is going to be done the same way as WA, exept for for a specific age group only
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Caralee1 wrote: »

I recommend:

Yeah but it does sound amazing

I quit The Sims 3 though, it keeps crashing and no patch seems to have solved it
    Forum Member
    I was looking to pick up seasons on the high street in London, what are the prices for this game? Where would be best to buy it? What price is it in Game?

I tried calling but they have a centralised phone number and near on impossible to find out :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but it does sound amazing

I quit The Sims 3 though, it keeps crashing and no patch seems to have solved it

I had to do something with the DEP I think it was, but that fixed my game completely. A quick google will give you how to do it.