Made In Cardiff

hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,558
Forum Member
✭✭
MadeInCardiff TV has popped up on Freeview 23 this lunchtime in the Cardiff area. Just rolling promo stuff and nothing in the EPG as yet.

Just pick this up from broadcasting forum, Seems interesting.

Comments

• eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentioned in numerous other threads on this forum already. Chances are if it's mentioned in the Broadcasting forum, it's already been mentioned here.

Side note for anyone reading: Maybe it's time for a bit of cull on the Local TV threads? Seems discussion is being spread around thinly. Let's pick a thread and stick to it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I may as well use this thread instead of starting a new one:
    Launch date for @MadeinCardiff revealed Tuesday. We want everybody in Cardiff to know somebody that's been on the channel in our first year.

https://twitter.com/MadeInCardiffTV/status/507969659950596096
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Local tv should be on ch8

1 - BBC One
    2 - BBC Two
    3 - ITV/STV/UTV
    4 - Ch 4 / STV
    5 - Ch 5
    6 - (honestly not sure, maybe pick tv)
    7 - S4C / Ch 4 / BBC ALBA
    8 - Local TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Local tv should be on ch8

1 - BBC One
    2 - BBC Two
    3 - ITV/STV/UTV
    4 - Ch 4 / STV
    5 - Ch 5
    6 - (honestly not sure, maybe pick tv)
    7 - S4C / Ch 4 / BBC ALBA
    8 - Local TV

Not sure if this is fantasy or you're writing that down without looking...

The lineup is actually:
    6 - ITV2
    7 - BBC Three
    8 - C4 (Wales)/BBC Alba (Scotland)/Local TV (Eng, NI)
    23 - Local TV (Wal, Sco)
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    Not sure if this is fantasy or you're writing that down without looking...

The lineup is actually:
    6 - ITV2
    7 - BBC Three
    8 - C4 (Wales)/BBC Alba (Scotland)/Local TV (Eng, NI)
    23 - Local TV (Wal, Sco)

No reason for ITV2 & BBC Three to be that high up
    when other channels should take a more promenant position. In my opinion.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,925
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    Since I may as well use this thread instead of starting a new one:

https://twitter.com/MadeInCardiffTV/status/507969659950596096

A wild stab in the dark predicts the date as Wednesday 17 September - given that is not only the date when their licence to broadcast starts (so yhe first date they can go on air) but also the date by which, under that license, they must begin broadcasting or risk losing the licence.

Sorry to ruin the suspense :D
    Forum Member

On what basis then did you suggest in your previous post that Pick TV should get the nod over ITV 2 at position 6.

Why on earth would that justify a more prominent position and go ahead of Local TV in your view.
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    On what basis then did you suggest in your previous post that Pick TV should get the nod over ITV 2 at position 6.

Why on earth would that justify a more prominent position and go ahead of Local TV in your view.

I did say "honestly not sure" as I wasn't

but as a stakeholder in Freeview or DTT, (again not sure)
    link here - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(UK)

I thought Sky would have as much right to be high up as the 'main' 5 channels

Just noticed ch 5 aren't even on list of owners of Freeview!!!
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member

Despite the fact that BBC3 is a PSB?

ITV2 has no real right to be up that high, it's only there for historical reasons, but it is at least owned by a PSB, unlike your suggestion of Pick TV.

Local TV ought to be on Ch 6, with 7, 8 and 9 being BBC3, BBC4 and the PSB national channels (C4 in Wales, BBC Alba). You could argue a different order for the four, but they are the ones that are supposed to have prominence.
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    Despite the fact that BBC3 is a PSB?

ITV2 has no real right to be up that high, it's only there for historical reasons, but it is at least owned by a PSB, unlike your suggestion of Pick TV.

Local TV ought to be on Ch 6, with 7, 8 and 9 being BBC3, BBC4 and the PSB national channels (C4 in Wales, BBC Alba). You could argue a different order for the four, but they are the ones that are supposed to have prominence.

I agree to some degree.
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    A wild stab in the dark predicts the date as Wednesday 17 September - given that is not only the date when their licence to broadcast starts (so yhe first date they can go on air) but also the date by which, under that license, they must begin broadcasting or risk losing the licence.

You say that, but Made in Bristol have announced they are starting on 8th October, which is after the "failure to commence" date of 17th September.

I assume they've obtained permission from Ofcom to start a few weeks late, and because quite a lot of areas are affected Ofcom have agreed.
    Forum Member
    Made in Cardiff have announced their launch date as 15th October at 8pm.
    Forum Member

Clearly they must have been granted a dispensation by Ofcom for the late launch of both their cardiff and Bristol stations.
    Forum Member

You would have thought they might have splashed this news onto their website but it still just says "coming soon" - same on Made in Bristol's website.

I'm amazed at how many local tv licencee websites appear to have received little or no attention since they were originally launched, some claiming launch date hopes that have long since past.

Are Made TV doing anything in Bristol or Cardiff yet to build momentum ahead of the launches?

Anyone know why both are listed to launch 28 days after the final date provided for by their licences ie reason for that delay?

Made TV does look like one of the more organised and structured entrants but I still wonder how they and others are doing in terms of raising the finance they need to operate and how far this explains why so many launch dates appear to be pushed to the limits allowed by the licences (and beyond).