EastEnders dropped

15678911»

Comments

• yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Wimbledon has been televised since 1937. The soaps are mere infants in comparison. ;-)

Was thinking the same about the World Cup. The BBC have been showing it from the 60's at least.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORlOBc7w8A
    Its on Youtube should anyone want to watch it.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    According to Facebook EE is apparently on for an hour tomorrow night from 7.30pm.

It's posted on the BBC/EE website as well!

Can't wait!
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    According to Facebook EE is apparently on for an hour tomorrow night from 7.30pm.

It's posted on the BBC/EE website as well!

Can't wait!

I wonder what they're going too show at 8.30 then? And that means yet another clash with Emmerdale!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Quite pleased that the episode is on for an hour tomorrow, though I've seen 30 minutes of it already. Guilty much? :)
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    I have analogue telly not digital and my computer isn't great for viewing stuff on. My point is even if someone does watch it at the usual times, they're not desperate

Analogue TV was switched off permanently in the UK in October 2012. If you mean TV through an ordinary aerial, it's Freeview, which is digital, not analogue.
    Forum Member
    'Stupid football' also known as the biggest sporting event in the world, anyway belgium vs USA now. :p

Just because it's the biggest sporting event in the world doesn't mean it's not stupid to some.
    Forum Member
    This is one GREAT LOAD OF HORSE SHIT IN MY OPINION!! >:(>:(

Why can't they just put all the BOOOORRRRRIIINGGGGLY CRAP sports on the other channels and STOP OVERIDING EASTENDERS PLEASE!! >:(>:(

Not every single person in the world is a fan of sports. in case they didn't know!
    I'm nearly 100% sure I'm not the only one either!>:(

Also, why on earth wasn't there some background person telling us..... "oh, Eastenders won't be shown this eveing. Instead it will be shown on blaaa blaaa blaaa next date instead!"

I really wish there was someone in the background announcing such a thing so at least I would know and not have to be caught up in all damned frustration over the...
    BOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGLY CRAP STUPID SPORTS!! >:(>:(

Anyway.... if Eastenders is now shown on thursday insread, I DO HOPE there will be an hour long episode to make up for the loss of the one this evening!
    I will be rather disappointed if it's only half an hour! :(:(

Just going to put this into perspective here, if a half hour of fictional drama - not even good drama at that - being delayed to another day is enough to make you post such unadulterated tripe as this, then you:

a) have serious issues

b) need to get a grip on priorities.

How would you have suffered in the old days of 4 channels and each soap on just twice per week with no chance (bar EastEnders) of any repeat?
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    They couldn't cancel it but they could have asked Brazil to delay the kick off.

I bet they didn't even try.....roll eyes.....>:(>:(>:(

The BBC have no influence whatsoever in any shape or form in the slightest to delay the kick off. That's FIFA's decision (I think) and even then they are not going to kowtow to one broadcaster for the sake of half hour drama that's on every weeknight.
    Forum Member
    Eastenders is one of my most favourite soaps on T.V. and its EXTREMELY frustrating when its listed on my t.v. guide, only to switch on at 8pm and find thats its being overwritten by a load of boring crap (stupid sports!) that I don't have a single interest in! :(:( I just hope on thursday they will give us an hour episode to make up for the loss of this evenings ep instead! Hmph! >:(

I have no interest in either football or soaps like DullEnders or Borethenation Street, but TV isn't there to serve your interests, it's not just for you, so you don't fid me complaining when both of these are on. Because I find something more interesting to do.
    Well I didn't see either of those announcements.! And why on earth should I have!?I wasn't expecting this loss in the 1st place! They should have known yesterday.... STRAIGHT AFTER, if not, soon after the epsiode that we'd be missing it this evening and told us then.... instead of leaving it til the god damned last minute!
    Stupid t.v. bosses! >:(

Because it's you that's interested in seeing them.

How could they have *known* yesterday? Jumped into Doctor Who's TARDIS or consulted Mystic Meg on what time the soccer would finish? And I can bet your bottom dollar that someone else would have complained had they done what you wanted.
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    Why did they have to drop EastEnders tonight? BBC has the two main channels :(

Because moving EastEnders to another channel would have resulted in another displaced programme and disgruntled viewers.
    Forum Member
    djonshore wrote: »
    Where I feel the BBC fail and god knows why they do this because they aren't a commercial broadcaster in the first place. Is that when Murray or any other top Brit is playing in Wimbledon, they move the live match from BBC TWO to BBC one to chase ratings?

They should keep the match on BBC TWO uninterrupted and not faff about with the schedule in place. It's not like anyone in the UK can't watch BBC TWO.

Even though they are paid for by the TVL, they do still have to justify what is intended to bne popular programming by . . . ensuring it is popular. Otherwise the DFaily Mail brigade will be out in full force to call the TVL a waste of money.

BTW, please keep any further discussion on the funding of the BBC to relevant threads.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    Being on for an hour will make up for EE not being on last night. :)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,269
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Being on for an hour will make up for EE not being on last night. :)

I shall only forgive the bbc for moving ee when they show us charlie cotton naked.
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    I wonder what they're going too show at 8.30 then? And that means yet another clash with Emmerdale!

Room 101
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that the BBC have dropped tonights much awaited epiode of Traffic Cops to make way for some London based soap which was already been shown just 30 minutes earier. I have no interest is this crap soap and don't see why Traffic Cops has to make way just because someone at the BBC can't schedule correctly. Why can't the BBC move Eastenders to BBC4 or give to ITV or Sky or Discovery Shed. They should really have a BBC Eastenders channel and those of us who have no interest in this programme won't have our lives shaken upside down.

Not every single person in the world is a fan of soaps. In case they didn't know!
    I'm nearly 100% sure I'm not the only one either.

My edition of What's On Telly Tonight clearly shows Traffic Cops as been on BBC1 tonight at 8pm and I have arranged my entire week around this event and I am now left bereft and bewildered. The fact that the programme has not been cancelled never to be seen again and will be shown soon is of no help to me whatsoever.

Also, I have no other channels on my TV so I can't change channel to find sometime I may possibly enjoy.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that the BBC have dropped tonights much awaited epiode of Traffic Cops to make way for some London based soap which was already been shown just 30 minutes earier. I have no interest is this crap soap and don't see why Traffic Cops has to make way just because someone at the BBC can't schedule correctly. Why can't the BBC move Eastenders to BBC4 or give to ITV or Sky or Discovery Shed. They should really have a BBC Eastenders channel and those of us who have no interest in this programme won't have our lives shaken upside down.

Not every single person in the world is a fan of soaps. In case they didn't know!

My edition of What's On Telly Tonight clearly shows Traffic Cops as been on BBC1 tonight at 8pm and I have arranged my entire week around this event and I am now left bereft and bewildered. The fact that the programme has not been cancelled never to be seen again and will be shown soon is of no help to me whatsoever.

Also, I have no other channels on my TV so I can't change channel to find sometime I may possibly enjoy.

Your tongue is so firmly in cheek that it's scraping it :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope you receive the support you need during this terrible time.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I hope you receive the support you need during this terrible time.

No traffic cops what a bummer, with no football on, I was sooooooo looking forward to it.

But no this London based fictional cat trap is on instead.

Why not have soap Chanbel, they could show tge previous days shows on a loop.

Traffic cops is reallll lufe
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not a fan of football or tennis but its not a major issue for me if EE is re-scheduled *shrug* its just one of those things

the episode will be shown eventually