The Machinist.....

cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone seen this film ?

I watched it again today and I think that you could say that Christian Bale suffered for his art.

Bit of a weird film really......:)

Comments

• revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a strange but compelling movie. I was worrying for Bale during that movie tho, I've never seen an actor look so skeletal. Amazing that he beefed himself up to play Batman only a few months later. Going from one extreme to the other can't be good for the heart.
    Anyway, the film - I couldn't work out what was going on until it was revealed, so that was good. Nothing worse than when you've worked out the plot before it unfolds. That "fairground" scene was a bit freaky! Not the kind of movie you can enjoy again & again tho, imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this. It helped that, although i knew a twist was coming, i didn't quite spot what it was going to be.

Much prefered Bale in this to Batman Begins, which i thought was pretty boring and he wasn't a patch on Michael Keaton as far as Batman's go.

I'd rate his perforamance in this up there with his performances in American Psycho and The Prestige.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    You can get it for a quid in Poundland.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Has it got extras on it?
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Great movie, reminded me alot of Memento.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Has it got extras on it?

Off the top of my head, the trailer and Commentary i think.
  • withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1 f@@* me that film is a classic very hitchcock Time to dig my copy out i think.He did'nt half look thin
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very dark intense movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Yes the music reminded me of Hitchcock...really low bass notes that ushered in a feeling of dread.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this again earlier . Astounding film . Very Hitchcock like with the music.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brando impressionist was very creepy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    Pretty bizarre that the other movies he pops up in are Calendar Girls and love actually.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    Pretty bizarre that the other movies he pops up in are Calendar Girls and love actually.

Are you talking about the guy who's practically a dead ringer of Morpheus from The Matrix?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the guy who's practically a dead ringer of Morpheus from The Matrix?
    Yep or Tazz who used to be in WWE
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. He was a highlight in machinist for me, really added to the odd creepiness, very well acted