Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons Series 5 - Live Show 8

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Previously on Battle Of The Seasons, our sensaitional six took us to the movies and whilst some had box office hits, others were not even worthy of the booby prize. But for one act, there would be no chance of a sequel as Rough Copy were eliminated from the comeptition leaving DiveIn with one act left.

Tonight, we raise the level again as the remaining five must sing not once but twice as we will be covering Locations and Number 1's, let us now welcome the judges and your Top 5!

Ryan11 & The Class of 2007
Beverly Trotman
Hope

SoapAddict101 & The last remaining 2008 act
Diana Vickers

DiveIn & The last remaining 2013 act
Relley Clarke

The_Voice1 & The last remaining 2014 act
Rumor Has It

Judges, confirm your presence now so we can start in under 10 minutes. ;-)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am here.
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here! :D Ahh I'm excited for this :D
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, DiveIn is not here but I hope he can catch up later.

We'll start the first round which is all about one thing, Locations and kicking off the show with the 2007 class, telling us what it's like in Honeymoon Avenue, it's Hope!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ-b7uF6rLw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls, that was great! I am so grateful that people voted for you last week, I absolutely love working with you. That performance was just brilliant, I'm so proud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh I'm a massive Fifth Harmony fan so I was really happy to see them on the song list. :D It was nice to have you stripped back to your vocals again as you went all child pop on us last week (:D) and the harmonies were really strong. It was much better than last week as well, not my favourite performance of yours but certainly not my least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls that was a good opener. I love the original song and singer. I think it was all round good it wasn"t my favourite of yours but definitely not your worst. Well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, but I must speed this up a little, so people can have time to vote.

We begin with a great reception for the girls, will their second performance keep that praise high?

Next is the last remaining 2013 act and what she dreams of, it's her world, it's Relley Clarke!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EkAw0_11U
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think we're in for a really long show tonight. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless I speed it up a little, Soap and there are ways a host can do that. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw you were doing a Jennifer Hudson song I was worried, and, while for the most part it was good, I think you did struggle a little. Jennifer Hudson has a very strong voice that's hard to replicate and I think it was a little ambitious. I'm praying you can make it up to me in the next round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Relley, I must admit I thought this song would have been much better suited to someone like Beverly to be honest. I found it challenging to imagine you singing this as (it may just be me) but I don't think you and Jennifer Hudson's voices are very alike imo. Luckily, you've got a second performance tonight which I hope you pull it out the bag with.
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sang! Ms Relley. I thought that was afantastic performance, you gave me that new disco vibe we haven't heard from you. From your first audition, I can tell you can hit all thouse notes with ease. Amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Relley gets mixed praise overall, but she has a second chance later.

Now we have the last 2014 act and things are about to get louder, it's Rumor Has It!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI62NlMa5V0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Jennifer Hudson but I think you struggled with that song Relley it didn"t suit you that much but I hope that you come back in your second song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's pushing it a bit theme-wise (parade? Location? :p ), but apart from that it was an okay performance. It felt a little run of the mill to me but I'll forgive it considering how restricting the theme is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    Well, it's pushing it a bit theme-wise (parade? Location? ), but apart from that it was an okay performance. It felt a little run of the mill to me but I'll forgive it considering how restricting the theme is.

There are streets called Parade :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I kind of enjoyed this from you girls, it's probably the best you could do with the theme as well because I think it must've been quite challenging for all of us. It was a good performance though but you've been better and you can still pull it out of the bag for the second performance at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's mixed feedback for the girls this time, but they've got another chance to come back.

Back to the 2007 class and she's looking for an American boy now, it's Beverly Trotman!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi9P2HPlk3M
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really loved this girls,Im what the others are thinking. The performance itself was one of your best and I thought that was a great performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverleeeyyyyy! I'll admit I wish that lasted longer, but it was great. It was so upbeat and fun, I love what I've been doing with you these past 2 weeks, you've been transformed, I couldn't be happier with that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Um, Beverly there's one thing that really bugged me about that performance and it is that if I remember correctly, Rumour Has It sang this about two shows ago? :blush: It's an easy mistake to make from your mentor though so I'll forgive it, it was a good performance and I did enjoy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 of the same song in one series:D I love Kanye West so I was hoping you would do it justice as I think Estelle and Kanye West are both great. I think that was ok it was certainly not as good as last week. Im sorry but I much rather Estelle and Kanye West"s version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, Beverly there's one thing that really bugged me about that performance and it is that if I remember correctly, Rumour Has It sang this about two weeks ago? :blush: It's an easy mistake to make from your mentor though so I'll forgive it, it was a good performance and I did enjoy it.

Yeah they did.
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't this song already been performed on this show? Is that allowed? I thought it was a lukewarm performance for me tonight, it didn't show any of your strenths as a vocalist. Quite dull im honest, I wanted to performance to progress somewhere. You are one of my favourite in this show but I'm let down tonight. Hope your next performance is better.