Your Favourite Netflix Region??

2»

Comments

• kingdavekingdave Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBO are incredibly protective of their content and won't let anyone else have it. The thing is it no coincidence that alot of HBO shows are torrented.

Which is perfectly summed up here:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Canada & Brazil for me. Canada have a lot of newer film releases and surprisingly some BBC/ITV archive programming that even we don' t get. I particularly enjoyed watching the World In Action: 7, 14, 21, 28... Up documentaries on there.

Also, Brazil has some live music concerts which was a nice surprise, especially if you occasionally want a break from films. I watched a Celine Dion concert on there recently and just today managed to keep my little nieces quiet for nearly 2 hours when I found a One Direction concert on there. The 'Up All Night' tour I think it was.
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have UK Netflix on virgin Tivo, Netherlands on PC and U.S.A. On android, which I can stream via chrome cast... The Netherlands has Teen wolf (3 series) all 7 series of Doctor who, Sparticus (4 series) The amazing Spider man, Frozen and some classics like the exorcist, Poltergiest, ET. To name a few. But hardly any gay orientated films, compared to the US. I only use the UK version, if there is a streaming problem with the others. I think it's a great service, especially when there **** all on tv.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canada, US and France are the strongest ones for me.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with others who say US Netflix is best for TV series.

When I was younger, US TV series especially comedies were usually rather cheesy and rather unsubtle, and only a handful were imported.

I realised US TV comedy was surpassing UK in many ways when the brilliant Frasier was aired. To my chagrin most UK comedies these days are pathetic.

OK, UK TV still does top notch dramas but we have very few good SciFi/supernatural progs/series (Dr Who excepted of course).

The best BBC programming recently of that type was Orphan Black made by BBC America!

If Netflix finally ensures
    Smart DNS or VPn access to USA is stopped, I will stop my subscription.

Incidentally, am I a lone wolf who hates the reply nope or yep.
    Forum Member
    I have to agree about US being exceptionally good for TV shows.

I've just started watching the classic US comedy series 'Family Ties'. I vaguely remember it airing on Channel 4 in the late 80s.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    I agree with others who say US Netflix is best for TV series.

When I was younger, US TV series especially comedies were usually rather cheesy and rather unsubtle, and only a handful were imported.

I realised US TV comedy was surpassing UK in many ways when the brilliant Frasier was aired. To my chagrin most UK comedies these days are pathetic.

OK, UK TV still does top notch dramas but we have very few good SciFi/supernatural progs/series (Dr Who excepted of course).

The best BBC programming recently of that type was Orphan Black made by BBC America!

If Netflix finally ensures
    Smart DNS or VPn access to USA is stopped, I will stop my subscription.

Incidentally, am I a lone wolf who hates the reply nope or yep.
    US Netflix doesn't equal US television though. Very often there are US shows on other regions that aren't on the US region. The UK region is better than some make out though IMO but Netflix are restricted with regards to content available to them because of sky's stranglehold on rights.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on the verge of signing up with Unblock-us been a netflix member for a good 7 months, whats the situation though regarding watching other regions will this be stopped sometime soon. The device i will be watching it will be a Panasonic DB/DMP81 bluray player although not to sure on how to set unblock on there,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    You need to use a DNS service like Unblock-Us which you just change the DNS numbers on your network on your device. All instructions are on the site for all devices that are supported.
    You then use the site to select which region you wish to use by using the Netflix region selector and the next time you login or open the Netflix app you will be on the chosen region.

I not heard of unblock-us before. Are they any good? I am subscribed with UnoTelly. They are fantastic. At only £3 a month. They have android app in which you can change there Dynamo service on and quickly update your IP. They also offer UnoVPN service to but I never use the VPN service. Just there Dynamo DNS service.

Best thing they also offer completely free 8 day trial. No credit card or commitments required. Simply log in. Update ip and start using the fastest dynamo name servers closest to you. They have loads all over the world.

You can extend your free 8 day trial to 60 days simply by tweeting about them and like them on Facebook (30 days per sm)

I'm thinking there are probably lots of such services available now. Do any offer as much features as UnoTelly?
  • HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    You do not need to pay anyone to unblock other regions. What a scam. All you need is a FREE unblocker like hola unblocker which is easy to get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    You don't *need* to pay Uno/Unblock etc, but if you want a more reliable dedicated service, that works on multiple devices, not just a browser - they can be absolutely worth £3.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^agree, hola doesn't work with Apple TV, Fire TV etc, so you do need to pay £3. Can't believe some people will even try to save £3 when having access to the most comprehensive suite of TV available.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    ^^agree, hola doesn't work with Apple TV, Fire TV etc, so you do need to pay £3. Can't believe some people will even try to save £3 when having access to the most comprehensive suite of TV available.

Exactly, I think www.unblock-us.com is worth every penny to be honest.
    Using AppleTV, apart from netflix I can AirPlay via my iPhone The GW app to watch the current series/episodes of The Flash & Arrow. Also AirPlay Once Upon A Time S4 via Watch ABC.
    And I'm not stuck with poor SD watching Gotham on Ch5 as can watch in HD on Fox which is a few weeks ahead too.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hola is a joke very slow full of adware it's free for a reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member

Im a student and even paying netflix is luxury for me each month. The cost of the dns services is quite high and i also want to watch on my iPad and AppleTV if i can.

As im sure everyone knows there are free dns codes you can get off the net that do the same job as unblock-us, unotelly etc, except they usually go down every now and then. Tunlr was good back in the day but a few of the new ones arent so bad either.

I get mine from:
    freenetflixdnscodes (quite fast this one)
    https://www.facebook.com/netflixdnscodes?ref=br_tf (facebook page with 20k people)

The only thing that sucks is you cant get all the other regions like you can with paid dns services

Havent really struck a night without a DNS for a few months now :)
  • Mr MessyMr Messy Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Im a student and even paying netflix is luxury for me each month. The cost of the dns services is quite high and i also want to watch on my iPad and AppleTV if i can.

As im sure everyone knows there are free dns codes you can get off the net that do the same job as unblock-us, unotelly etc, except they usually go down every now and then. Tunlr was good back in the day but a few of the new ones arent so bad either.

I get mine from:
    freenetflixdnscodes (quite fast this one)
    https://www.facebook.com/netflixdnscodes?ref=br_tf (facebook page with 20k people)

The only thing that sucks is you cant get all the other regions like you can with paid dns services

Havent really struck a night without a DNS for a few months now :)

I use Ad Freetime which only costs £1.18 a month. With access to all the netflix regions it's sure well worth missing out on that extra pint of Skol shandy from the student bar!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    That is a good price! thanks for that i will keep it as my backup if my free one dies :)
  • Mr MessyMr Messy Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    That is a good price! thanks for that i will keep it as my backup if my free one dies :)

Hi Billy

The following sites offer a free trial service. You can rack up 43 days worth of netflix switching for free, nada, sweet fa. :cool:

Blockless - Free seven day trial
    Unblock US - Free seven day trial
    Uno Telly - Free eight day trial
    Unlocator - Free seven day trial
    TrickByte - Free fourteen day trial
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Mr Messy wrote: »
    I use Ad Freetime which only costs £1.18 a month. With access to all the netflix regions it's sure well worth missing out on that extra pint of Skol shandy from the student bar!

I use Ad-freetime too. I have done since March. I think its better than Unblock which I used for over a year before that.
    Forum Member
    I'm considering switching from Unblock-Us to UnoTelly in the new year, mainly as they support a lot of Scandinavian channels that I'm interested in - SVT, NRK and YLE, which sadly UnblockUs don't support.

Is there much difference in the two? Anything I should know that (A) does which (B) doesnt?