Why is Ulrika so popular in the polls?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's sneered and retreated to the bedroom in her velour pants

She's got a bedroom in her velour pants? Does La Toya know?

As far as I can see she's completely upfront, what you see is what you get, I don't usually vote but I shall be voting for her because none of the others deserve to win - if Big Brother is supposedly about the famous 'journey' that people undergo there's no-one left but Ulrika who seems to have been even mildly affected by being in the house.
  • JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where oh where is all this "she's a strong woman who stood her ground" guff coming from?

She's sneered and retreated to the bedroom in her velour pants ...since when did that become standing her ground? If every women did that today, we might as well all lie down and die!!!

I haven't seen her effectively or eloquently reason or own anyone once in there!

Thank you, that's how I remember it to, no standing her ground, just crying to Tina "I don't want to have to share food with these people!" She can usually be found rolling her eyes or lying in bed.
  • FrameBreakerFrameBreaker Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monty-- wrote: »
    You would understand if you've ever been the least liked person in a class/working environment. That woman has stood her ground, day in, day out. She could have walked anytime, Like Mutya. She could have called 'foul' like Michelle. But she's fought a clique since day one and that's why I think she should be in the final.

You conveniantly forget to mention she made herself the least liked by being a complete f*cking waste of oxygen.

Your post is ridiculous.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand.

What has she done to deserve to win? Someone fill me in.

I am absolutely puzzled also. Judging by the threads and posts on the forums you would think she is the most hated person ever to grace BB.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You conveniantly forget to mention she made herself the least liked by being a complete f*cking waste of oxygen.

No dear, that was Ben.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy to vote in polls, but not so easy to spend 35p on one vote. We'll see if this popularity stands strong 'till Friday.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm puzzled too...I think she is ok, would maybe be my 3rd choice but I have yet to speak to anyone in the 'real world' (not these forums) who say they will vote for her. Plenty saying they'll vote for Verne, Terry etc....maybe I just live in an Ulrika unfriendly place
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Search me ... I've given up trying to make sense of it. Hardly anyone here wants Verne to win either:confused:
  • FrameBreakerFrameBreaker Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No dear, that was Ben.

No. Just, no.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the completely over the top and unnecessary anti Ulrika threads have made people question what she's done wrong, and the answer they've come up with is ........... 'Can't actually think of anything.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad, because Ulrika and Coolio are not that different - only Coolio (on this forum anyway) gets a lighter deal..

Didn't Michelle start the whole "bullying" thing? Dunno, I've lost track recently. :o

I'm sure it was Ulrika who used the word "bully" and started it all off. I don't think Michelle accused him of bullying her, I think she said she felt "intimidated" maybe, probs because of his loudness, just like she felt intimidated by Tina as well. After Ulrika mentioned "bullying", that's when peeps started to complain to Ofcom *does disappointed face*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people actually regard Ulrika as a 'feminist icon', we have serious problems in this world!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think Ulrika's popularity is attributable in no small part to the hysterical campaign that's been waged against her by certain DS posters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I don't get it, she's probably my last pick
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people actually regard Ulrika as a 'feminist icon', we have serious problems in this world!

This is the truth!!

She is many things but feminist icon?.....I think not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    This is the truth!!

She is many things but feminist icon?.....I think not

Definitely not.

I'm feminist enough to respect her as a working mother and a woman who has clearly had some upset with men in her life and survived it well.

BUT, I see nothing terribly strong or positive in her as a feminist icon.

She's been a whinger, she's not really stuck up for herself and she accepted and encouraged Tina's male/female divide shit.

Feminists, contrary to popular belief, actually like and respect men too. She did neither.

The only thing I could say really positive about her is that she seems to have been a good support for her female friends who have left the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ulrika and can see why she has loyal supporters and people who stick up for her on here. She's not my first choice of winner. I wouldn't be upset or anything ridiculous if she won but I personally would prefer to see someone else win over her. :)
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bookies are currently predicting a top three slot for Ulrika.
  • jegmeisterjegmeister Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bookies can always be wrong. I can't see who will positively vote for her.

It's one thing voting someone less popular out - but voting FOR her is a different thing entirely.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite

A woman who's made her name from hanging around footballers, being beaten up in public, carrying on with an old bloke, and having kids by four different men !

Not exactly Emily Pankhurst material is she ? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like a servivor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survivor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's quite funny, in a cutting, sly way. I love watching her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigbro24 wrote: »
    i don't know why but it won't translate into votes, she'll be lucky to be in the top 3

no no, she'll come third at a canter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like she is picking up with anti Coolio/Tommy/Terry votes.

She has done nothing of note to suggest she should win. She is moody, looks unhappy and is always the first one to go to bed. And that's who you want to win? :sleep: