Cheryl: My Story (Cheryl Cole's Official Autobiography)

Comments

• PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction, Nicole lied about being sacked by saying she was concentrating on her solo career - a likely story. Her ego was too massive to admit the real truth.

It's hardly lying :D She put a positive spin on it. Everyone knew her contract wasn't being renewed. How was she to know at that point that XFUK was going to come along. At that point, it was still very much believed Kelly Rowland was going to come back.

Say what you like about Nicole - she did handle it like an adult. I don't see how anyone can say differently to be honest. If people don't like the way she comes across etc - well, that's a different story. But she wasn't childish over the sacking.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    It's hardly lying :D She put a positive spin on it. Everyone knew her contract wasn't being renewed. How was she to know at that point that XFUK was going to come along. At that point, it was still very much believed Kelly Rowland was going to come back.

Say what you like about Nicole - she did handle it like an adult. I don't see how anyone can say differently to be honest. If people don't like the way she comes across etc - well, that's a different story. But she wasn't childish over the sacking.

She handled it all like a pro, but then again she wasn't ridiculed and painted as a failure by the press at the time of her firing, was she? X-factor bosses were responsible of the most ridiculous stories going to the tabloids when they were firing Cheryl. "She is eating bisquits in her hotel room and getting fat" etc. I can see bot of the ladies taking the approach they did, and can't really fault either one of them, JMO.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they had their issues but its a little silly assigning devils and saints. 2010 was ridiculous in that respect.

As for the hitting.. it probably looks worse on paper.. if he was beaten black or blue then yeah.. at least he didnt end up like sophie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She handled it all like a pro, but then again she wasn't ridiculed and painted as a failure by the press at the time of her firing, was she? X-factor bosses were responsible of the most ridiculous stories going to the tabloids when they were firing..

Nicole was ridiculed in the US and still is to an extent in some of the UK press. I actually think there was a lot of sympathy for Cheryl in the press at the time. The press were clutching at straws over her sacking because they obviously had nothing to go on. I don't buy that all of them were fed by the XF side. Maybe the odd few were - Cowell's biographer admitted the 'homesick stories/UKXF in crisis' ones were to ease her return to the Uk show.

The XF sacking story went on for weeks because no-one confirmed it properly - this was the problem. I blame both sides for this. If the stories about her dress sense bothered her so much - and you've got to admit her mentions to Vogue and SJP to validate her outfit are kinda hilarious :D - she could have issued a quick, short statement saying it didn't work out.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Nicole was ridiculed in the US and still is to an extent in some of the UK press. I actually think there was a lot of sympathy for Cheryl in the press at the time. The press were clutching at straws over her sacking because they obviously had nothing to go on. I don't buy that all of them were fed by the XF side. Maybe the odd few were - Cowell's biographer admitted the 'homesick stories/UKXF in crisis' ones were to ease her return to the Uk show.

The XF sacking story went on for weeks because no-one confirmed it properly - this was the problem. I blame both sides for this. If the stories about her dress sense bothered her so much - and you've got to admit her mentions to Vogue and SJP to validate her outfit are kinda hilarious :D - she could have issued a quick, short statement saying it didn't work out.

I don't think she was told what was going on for a while. Her sacking was done so unprofessionally it's not even funny.

To be honest, I haven't followed Nicole that much, so I don't know what was written about her, but the tabloids seem to be trying to have these two against each other all the time.
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's extract from The Sun scanned! (Credit to www.girlsaloudmedia.com) http://imgbox.com/adePPIJ0
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the hitting.. it probably looks worse on paper.. if he was beaten black or blue then yeah.. at least he didnt end up like sophie.

if he was punched kicked and shoved repeatedly and came out of it without a scratch it brings into doubt whether Cheryl was actual responsible for that damage or it was another addition to the story after the fact.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lizm wrote: »
    I also was somebody who stood up for her but like you can't anymore. I had respect but i now think she is weak! I remember how they (x factor world) used and dragged her name through the mud. I thought she was strong but to go back.............

Maybe she is weak. She is only human like the rest of us. People seem to forget that about her or any celebrity for that matter.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they had their issues but its a little silly assigning devils and saints. 2010 was ridiculous in that respect.

It shouldn't matter whether he was black or blue or not. I am sure if he had done that to her, he would be in the Tower.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter whether he was black or blue or not. I am sure if he had done that to her, he would be in the Tower.

Na, he wouldn't, he plays for England :D:D;)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Na, he wouldn't, he plays for England :D:D;)

Pffft to England. He plays for the Chels. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a429643/cheryl-cole-on-crazy-nicole-scherzinger-she-kept-singing-in-my-face.html

What? :rolleyes: Whilst the story is v. odd, is Cheryl on a mission to bring down Nicole or something :p
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the tower?

Maybe Cheryl was jealous that Nic sang her own song in tune? If Nicole did do that, it is odd but hey.

Cheryl does seem to be abit resentful of Nicole tho.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the tower?

Maybe Cheryl was jealous that Nic sang her own song in tune? If Nicole did do that, it is odd but hey.

Wait till Tulisa's eyes start glowing green, we'll no doubt see her claws come out on one of the live shows :D
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a429643/cheryl-cole-on-crazy-nicole-scherzinger-she-kept-singing-in-my-face.html

What? :rolleyes: Whilst the story is v. odd, is Cheryl on a mission to bring down Nicole or something :p

I wonder what Cheryl would have said if it was Tulisa?? ... it was fine pet luv

I am not into Nichole either here but surely she should have at least "appreciated" it than do this ... Will there be a "backfire" on this :D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the tower?

Well Simon's biographer wrote that Nicole pitched for Cheryl's job whilst she still had it and Cheryl wrote something along those lines in her book aswell, so she probably isn't Nicole's biggest fan. lol
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Whats the tower?

In all honesty that does seem like quite a strange and inappropriate thing for Nicole to have done for a first meeting. Regardless of whether you like Cheryl or not, it's quite socially awkward, and whether intended that way or not could come over a bit passive-aggressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Cheryl sounds resentful to the core.

Brian Friedman was there when they met back in 2010 and his version sounded completely different:
    The two singers met for the first time on Sunday night on the X Factor, and ended in a mini-sing off, singing each other's tracks.

Brian Friedman said: "It was the sweetest meeting in the world. Cheryl Cole said to Nicole Scherzinger: "I was listening to your song, I can't get it out of my head!" and started singing.

Then Nicole said, "I love your song too!" and started singing her song back to her."
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl sounds resentful to the core.

Brian Friedman was there when they met back in 2010 and his version sounded completely different:

Nice find
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Okay, I can't understand the point of Brian Friedman?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is a bit bizarre though...

They appear to be friends anyway, Nicole was a guest at Cheryl's tour celebration party at the weekend.
  • lizmlizm Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Maybe she is weak. She is only human like the rest of us. People seem to forget that about her or any celebrity for that matter.

I know she is human & I'm not condemning her or going to start hating! I am disappointed she went back on the show because she came across really strong but hey ho she's done it..... She's lost respect going back working for some one who has treated her like ****.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cheryl would say anything to make Nicole sound bad. Seems very jealous of her if you ask me. First she's off about Nicole and Simon whispering and accusing Nicole of going all out to steal her X Factor job. Now she's putting her down about their first meeting. The truth is Cheryl proved herself to be unworthy of the job Simon had begged the US execs for god knows how long to give her. Nicole was asked to replace her, having already been given the job of second presenter, a pretty pointless post, more than likely given to her so she was there and ready on hand to take over the judges seat as soon as ( and everybody knew it would happen) Cheryl failed to impress. Sour grapes Cheryl, get over it.
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the little extract it doesn't really seem too mean about Nicole, for all we know she may have told Nicole that she was odd when they first met. And as another poster said she went to Cheryl's tour party.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    I think Cheryl would say anything to make Nicole sound bad. Seems very jealous of her if you ask me. First she's off about Nicole and Simon whispering and accusing Nicole of going all out to steal her X Factor job. Now she's putting her down about their first meeting. The truth is Cheryl proved herself to be unworthy of the job Simon had begged the US execs for god knows how long to give her. Nicole was asked to replace her, having already been given the job of second presenter, a pretty pointless post, more than likely given to her so she was there and ready on hand to take over the judges seat as soon as ( and everybody knew it would happen) Cheryl failed to impress. Sour grapes Cheryl, get over it.

Actually the claims about Nicole pitching for Cheryl's job first came about when Simon's 'Unofficial' Biography was released, here is the extract from it actually,
    During a break in the show co-host Nicole Scherzinger, who had filled in as a judge for Dannii in London when she had her baby, approached Cowell.
    “In here,” he said diving through a curtain into a back room.
    For ten minutes she pitched for Cheryl’s job. On the way to get a flight back to London Cowell wrestled with Cheryl’s fate. He said: “It’s hard here, she has to start again. In London she’s like Princess Diana, but here every Brit that’s hired is hired as a complete dick and Cheryl is the first one who’s nice.”