The AGEISM against Jim

Comments

• BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    So, do you think she is really enjoying his lovely remarks then? What have you seen on your TV that I have missed?

I have no idea what she feels but I am not going to try and claim I do either. As far as we know Casey hasn't made a complaint formally or informally and she has made comments back which, if she is/was uncomfortable, are at best ill-advised.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    So Casey decided to say that she would have an affair with Jim, in the snog, marry & avoid task, why would she even bring up affair when that wasn't a choice? She was having the banter with Jim, nothing more, if she was cringing inside, why even mention it?

See post 82.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, do you think she is really enjoying his lovely remarks then? What have you seen on your TV that I have missed?
    Then why does she keep going back to him.i've no doubt that jim will be there for her again now that turbo gob luisa has upset her again...Lets see what casey has to say when she comes out,i'm 100% sure she won't be calling him an old perv..
  • catspawcatspaw Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is not hopping into bed with Casey for goodness sake!

Do you think people who are married suddenly stop having this type of banter?

Get real. It's just harmless fun. Nobody is betraying their marriage vows. It's called banter.
    Occasionally, there's an intelligent post on forums. This is one of them. Well done.:D

Agreed. And it's not like he's luring her into the loo away from people and cameras and and then saying this stuff. It's said in full view and earshot of the other HMs and us. It's for their/our ears as well as hers. His worst crime I would say is that he can't help playing to an audience and, perhaps, has judged it wrong by not appreciating that what he considers harmless banter might be construed as something 'sinister', especially in the current climate. I would be seriously surprised if he was genuinely leching at all, let alone in public, after his unfortunate experience last year.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See post 82.

Could she not just of said "Sorry Jim"? Affair was not an option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not something you have to put up with at all. There is no need for you to be come over as being rude or confrontational, just by simply saying that you would appreciate not being spoken to in that manner, or to tell someone else that you feel uncomfortable about it, and avoid the person. As I remember Casey went and sat alone with Jim on the sofa when Lee was removed from the house, she didn't have to sit with Jim. She clearly feels comfortable with Jim.

I wouldn't have kept my job for long as most of them were crude old buggers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could she not just of said "Sorry Jim"? Affair was not an option.

Yes, she could HAVE.
  • CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd ride the hell out of Jim. No regrets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    catspaw wrote: »
    Agreed. And it's not like he's luring her into the loo away from people and cameras and and then saying this stuff. It's said in full view and earshot of the other HMs and us. It's for their/our ears as well as hers. His worst crime I would say is that he can't help playing to an audience and, perhaps, has judged it wrong by not appreciating that what he considers harmless banter might be construed as something 'sinister', especially in the current climate. I would be seriously surprised if he was genuinely leching at all, let alone in public, after his unfortunate experience last year.

I haven't seen other housemates around a lot of the time when he's making his remarks like the one about her having big muscles that need exercise. It's usually just the two of them. The people who are also there are us, the viewing public.

He's hardly going to do any more than he's doing in the house because he also knows his family is watching. All this is deniable, as his fans are clearly demonstrating. It's also uncomfortable to watch.
  • Ron_AndrewsRon_Andrews Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    choklat wrote: »
    If someone thinks I'm a perv because I prefer women who are younger than me, that's their prerogative. People are free to think what they like about other people. What matters most, is what I think of myself. When I look at the definitions of the word 'pervy' I don't qualify by any means, BUT some people have made up their own definition in their minds and if they want to believe that definition, then so be it :)

Oral sex is a perversion, now are you a pervert or not?
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    Then why does she keep going back to him.i've no doubt that jim will be there for her again now that turbo gob luisa has upset her again...Lets see what casey has to say when she comes out,i'm 100% sure she won't be calling him an old perv..

From what I've seen his comments to her have been met with a laugh and I mean a genuine laugh not a nervous or uncomfortable giggle. She seem perfectly comfortable with him.
    Forum Member
    Casey's job is to be compliant and accepting of pervy men who lust after her body.

She's hardly going to start asserting herself and calling lechery uncomfortable and sexist. She'd have to find a new job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member

Ha ha - you got me on that one - IF it's seen as a perversion, the shoe certainly fits!
  • bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she could HAVE.

Ah see when you have to resort to picking people up on their grammer you've kind of negated your argument. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    Casey's job is to be compliant and accepting of pervy men who lust after her body.

She's hardly going to start asserting herself and calling lechery uncomfortable and sexist. She'd have to find a new job.

There's a lot of competition but this might be the most ridiculous post on this thread:D
    Forum Member
    There's a lot of competition but this might be the most ridiculous post on this thread:D

No, I think you've won that prize. Congratulations. :)
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen other housemates around a lot of the time when he's making his remarks like the one about her having big muscles that need exercise. It's usually just the two of them. The people who are also there are us, the viewing public.

He's hardly going to do any more than he's doing in the house because he also knows his family is watching. All this is deniable, as his fans are clearly demonstrating. It's also uncomfortable to watch.

If it was in a sit com, it would be permissible but not on BB?
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

And you slate Jim?
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    If it was in a sit com, it would be permissible but not on BB?

Huh? Who mentioned sit-coms?

Random.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It seems to me that a lot of women's definition of a "pervy man" would be a man, that they are not attracted to, showing interest in them.

So the 'perviness' is not any function of the man, but in the woman's opinion of him.
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    And you slate Jim?

I slate the people who created a job like Casey's. I feel sorry for her. She's in a no-win situation. She needs guidance but she's probably not going to get it from anybody useful. Certainly not from "Daddy Jim" who can't stop thinking about her "knockers".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah see when you have to resort to picking people up on their grammer you've kind of negated your argument. ;-)

Not really arguing, just saying how I felt when old gentlemen spoke to me like that.
    And as someone said before, It's her job to smile and laugh, doesn't mean she has to like it.
    Forum Member
    emptybox wrote: »
    It seems to me that a lot of women's definition of a "pervy man" would be a man, that they are not attracted to, showing interest in them.

So the 'perviness' is not any function of the man, but in the woman's opinion of him.

No, I think Dappy's a perv too, but Luisa seems to quite fancy him.

It's the perviness and lechery of a man objectifying a woman that's the measure of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member

I think Casey works in a business where she gets far worse comments than anything Jim says, and yes she can handle those comments.